Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19
I can assure you that it wasn’t posted by me. I tell you what was great to see…….Scott and Hensley absolutely blocking their tails off even knowing that they should be two prominent weapons but have been virtually eliminated. Those are the type of things that championship teams need. Kids that will throw egos to the side and do what is asked of them. I’m going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt for a few more games because they’ve def earned it. But Sat night was bad, and I’m not talking about the kids.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • EastKYProud, Patriot1
(08-29-2022, 01:30 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: I can assure you that it wasn’t posted by me. I tell you what was great to see…….Scott and Hensley absolutely blocking their tails off even knowing that they should be two prominent weapons but have been virtually eliminated. Those are the type of things that championship teams need. Kids that will throw egos to the side and do what is asked of them. I’m going to give the staff the benefit of the doubt for a few more games because they’ve def earned it. But Sat night was bad, and I’m not talking about the kids.
A lot of fans were questioning the Belfry staff last season when they were losing all those games and Dixon was at QB. Some changes were made and we all know how last season ended. If Pikeville wins then people will forget how the season started.
(08-29-2022, 12:29 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: I am confused...

I thought I read after the Corbin game that in order for Pikeville to be successful then Boykins needed to get all the snaps at QB instead of Duty?

Now it seems that the perception is Duty is the only and best solution at QB?

Is this real life?

Pikeville just needs to win baby! Winning fixes everything.

I think that was Boykins fans or Pikeville fans that are in the Pikeville must win every game by 50 camp.

Duty is the better QB. Boykins isn’t a QB.

Boykins is a RB, slot wr, as someone above posted.

The problem is this - Pikeville has an 8th grader that transferred to play QB. Boykins will quit/leave if he isn’t QB. Pikeville kids will get mad of Boykins takes time away from other kids.

I think if you asked Pikeville coaches and they honestly respond, they’d stuck Duty back there and took their lumps if they knew they would be 0-2.
(08-29-2022, 02:40 PM)RTruth Wrote:

I thought I read after the Corbin game that in order for Pikeville to be successful then Boykins needed to get all the snaps at QB instead of Duty?

Is this real life?

I think that was Boykins fans or Pikeville fans that are in the Pikeville must win every game by 50 camp.

The problem is this - Pikeville has an 8th grader that transferred to play QB. Boykins will quit/leave if he isn’t QB. Pikeville kids will get mad of Boykins takes time away from other kids.

I think if you asked Pikeville coaches and they honestly respond, they’d stuck Duty back there and took their lumps if they knew they would be 0-2.
I’m not being smart when I ask this. What does the 8th grader have to do with anything? He’s not on the team right now. Heck Mac’s own son didn’t start til sophomore year as he was behind Roberts his freshman year.
Pikeville is 0-2. Yeah, yeah, yeah Boykins may not look like the best QB in the world. I’m gonna tell you right now, them runs he had against CC would been TDs or huge plays against Hazard or any other 1A opponent. Probably been 0-2 right now no matter who was QB. When you get beat, you scratch your head. Pikeville is FINE. Probably wouldn’t change a thing. Take it one game/one year at a time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • EKUAlum05
(08-29-2022, 03:11 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Pikeville is 0-2.  Yeah, yeah, yeah Boykins may not look like the best QB in the world.  I’m gonna tell you right now, them runs he had against CC would been TDs or huge plays against Hazard or any other 1A opponent.  Probably been 0-2 right now no matter who was QB.  When you get beat, you scratch your head.  Pikeville is FINE.  Probably wouldn’t change a thing.  Take it one game/one year at a time.
Here's what I know...

1. Pikeville has an unbelievable coaching staff. 
2. You only play one game a week. You can't choose to run a game back and change up the QB after the fact to see if things are better.
3. The goal of the Pikeville staff is not to win regular season games.
4. With that said, they gameplan to try and win every game they play.

I feel confident saying that if Boykins is who the Pikeville staff was playing it is because they felt that he was the best option to put them in position to achieve success in the window of the game they were playing. I also feel confident that the Pikeville staff is not stubborn enough that if they feel another option is the best viable way for them to succeed that they won't adjust their plans.

I feel confident Pikeville's staff will develop ways to maximize the talent on their roster to put them in position to compete for a State Title.
(08-28-2022, 09:58 PM)insideinfo Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 11:33 PM)Panther88 Wrote: If they continue to play Boykins at QB they are sabotaging the season. They would likely be 2-0 right now with 2 close wins if they played Duty full time with Boykins and Birchfield in the backfield or possibly Boykins as a reciever, but idk if he can catch, we all know he can run and could probably get open alot.
How many State Championships does the coach have, I bet with out your help he wouldn’t have an. Quit acting like a dumbazz and support your team
I thought the purpose of this thread was for people to discuss the games and teams and give opinions. Not to call people names and cowardly hide behind a phone. You didn't see me calling anybody names or downing anybody. And as far as supporting my team...I probably haven't missed over 4-5 games in 20+ years. So back down the name calling and degrading personal comments

My GUESS would be, and purely a guess. The coaching staff at Pikeville felt. CC pass defense was probably a little to much for Duty at this point in his development and that Boykins might have more success. I trust Chris McNamee with any decisions even if I don't understand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther88's post:
  • Big Five-0-

Is this real life?

I can’t see this staff worrying if Boykins quits. He is not a piece that if lost you shut down talk of state championship. 2nd if they thought Duty gave them better chance to win he would be in there. 3rd if they brought 8th grader to Pikeville to play QB for the future then they don’t have faith in Duty going forward. This may be a bigger problem next year when all 3 are wanting the job. This may turn into a case of can they keep everyone happy and parents in check.
(08-29-2022, 04:21 PM)Truewords Wrote:

Is this real life?

I can’t see this staff worrying if Boykins quits. He is not a piece that if lost you shut down talk of state championship. 2nd if they thought Duty gave them better chance to win he would be in there. 3rd if they brought 8th grader to Pikeville to play QB for the future then they don’t have faith in Duty going forward. This may be a bigger problem next year when all 3 are wanting the job. This may turn into a case of can they keep everyone happy and parents in check.
I don’t think Pikeville “brought” in anyone to be qb of the future. Now he may have transferred here from another school but not recruited to Pikeville. Idk the kid but if he’s good enough to start as a true freshman he will but that doesn’t have anything to do with Pikeville this season. Pikeville will have a lot to replace after this season.
(08-29-2022, 05:00 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Is this real life?

I don’t think Pikeville “brought” in anyone to be qb of the future. Now he may have transferred here from another school but not recruited to Pikeville. Idk the kid but if he’s good enough to start as a true freshman he will but that doesn’t have anything to do with Pikeville this season. Pikeville will have a lot to replace after this season.
Have no idea of reason kid is there but if you don’t think schools bring kids in at the middle school level then look no further than D&D posts weekly. Or just look at your middle school basketball team. They All do it. Let’s just not act like doesn’t happen
(08-29-2022, 05:39 PM)Truewords Wrote:

Is this real life?

Have no idea of reason kid is there but if you don’t think schools bring kids in at the middle school level then look no further than D&D posts weekly. Or just look at your middle school basketball team. They All do it. Let’s just not act like doesn’t happen

I don’t think Pikeville has brought anyone in for basketball.
(08-29-2022, 06:05 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 02:40 PM)RTruth Wrote: I think that was Boykins fans or Pikeville fans that are in the Pikeville must win every game by 50 camp.

Is this satire? Lol
(08-29-2022, 06:05 PM)RTruth Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 02:40 PM)RTruth Wrote: I think that was Boykins fans or Pikeville fans that are in the Pikeville must win every game by 50 camp.

Not directed towards Pikeville. It was fore Pirateforlife
Pikeville started 0-2 against a very good. Ranked Corbin team & a 5A team they were probably supposed to lose to?! Well Coach Mac might as well call off the rest of the season & let these boys get ready for basketball & baseball!! At least that's the vibe I'm getting here!! I guarantee you that Mac KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT his team could start 0-2 & he was ok with that!! I bet he still knows they could start out 1-5 or worse!! Guess what, even though he don't want it that way because the man plays to win, he's gonna be ok with that too!! Not because he's going through the motions until season ends!! Not even close!! Because, the man knows the best way to find out about his team is to play top competition!! He knows that his team is being battle hardened!! Mac & the staff see & know every single area they need to improve in & I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that they get better every week!! Sure there's work to be done!! But I need to remind those with very short memories about a certain Belfry team from a year ago!! I may be wrong come late November & I'll pay all debts, but anyone wanting any action on the panthers to not be there at that time, well you know where to come!!
Yea im pretty well over this narrative that Pikeville is falling apart or chasing their tails.
Nobody is panicking, they are still gonna steamroll anyone in the playoffs besides Hazard or Raceland and both of those teams must avoid traveling to Pikeville.
(08-30-2022, 08:27 AM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Nobody is panicking, they are still gonna steamroll anyone in the playoffs besides Hazard or Raceland and both of those teams must avoid traveling to Pikeville.
Umm….I’m not caught up on the RPI crap so if Pikeville doesn’t win some of these games wouldn’t that insure that Pikeville would be the four seed when we get to the finale four ? Somebody help me on this cause I’ve been wondering about it
^ I'm not gonna pretend to understand how RPI works.

Both teams just need to avoid a November bus ride south on 23 and I'm sure the losses help the Rams and Dawgs in that.
Has anyone on here seen they pass which is on Twitter and was called incomplete and it definitely was backwards pass that Hensley from Pikeville pick up and ran a touchdown one of the worst calls I seen so far this year but as always my GO PANTHERS!!!

Is this real life?

If you are letting D&D serve as your narrative, then that is your first mistake. HAHA.

Here's the cold hard truth.

Most of these transfers are not a school "bringing them in" but instead a family choosing to move their kid. 

Now the motive for why a family chooses to move their kid we can debate all day. Some are legitimately trying to do the best thing for their future, some are only concerned with playing time as fast as they can get it, and some are for selfish reasons that has less to do with what's best for their kid and what's best for their reputation. With that said, that's their clowns and their rodeo to sort out.

I am not saying that there aren't people or programs who don't turn the light on and roll out the red carpet, but what I will say is what people think is "recruiting" is typically nothing more than a family decision so they can see their kid playing and/or winning most times.

D&D.. bless their hearts... doesn't make things better. The nicknames, gossip mongering, and loose wording in the posts they use only hurts more than it helps. I am sure at their heart they just want to promote kids form the area, but what they have done is basically create a platform for these parents who are always looking for the ego boost through their kids, to have the chance to get that attention they are starved for through social media. Not every 7th Grader is a "phenom" and not every QB from a 1A school is "The next big thing" or a "sure fire D1 prospect". It just gets more clicks to say they are.

Having lived in Georgia... what people think is "recruiting" up in KY is hilarious when you see what really happens at some of these big boy programs down here  in the South where the Head Coach is making 250K in salary alone and where Power 5 schools stop as a routine route every week. Study up on Buford, Colquitt County, Grayson, Valdosta, and some of these schools where 5* players just "happen" to end up and seeing a kid's family move from one side of a river to the other or seeing a kid transfer in middle school and driving from a county over seems pedestrian.
(08-30-2022, 01:23 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Has anyone on here seen they pass which is on Twitter and was called incomplete and it definitely was backwards pass that Hensley from Pikeville pick up and ran  a touchdown one of the worst calls I seen so far this year but as always my GO PANTHERS!!!

Saw it, missed call no doubt. Touchdown Pikeville all the way...
^ It was a terrible call.

May have been the same crew that gave Hazard 5 downs after the Dawgs had it 1st and goal at Hazard last season...Pikeville's D held all 5 downs though.
(08-30-2022, 01:45 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:

If you are letting D&D serve as your narrative, then that is your first mistake. HAHA.

Most of these transfers are not a school "bringing them in" but instead a family choosing to move their kid. 

Now the motive for why a family chooses to move their kid we can debate all day. Some are legitimately trying to do the best thing for their future, some are only concerned with playing time as fast as they can get it, and some are for selfish reasons that has less to do with what's best for their kid and what's best for their reputation. With that said, that's their clowns and their rodeo to sort out.

I am not saying that there aren't people or programs who don't turn the light on and roll out the red carpet, but what I will say is what people think is "recruiting" is typically nothing more than a family decision so they can see their kid playing and/or winning most times.

D&D.. bless their hearts... doesn't make things better. The nicknames, gossip mongering, and loose wording in the posts they use only hurts more than it helps. I am sure at their heart they just want to promote kids form the area, but what they have done is basically create a platform for these parents who are always looking for the ego boost through their kids, to have the chance to get that attention they are starved for through social media. Not every 7th Grader is a "phenom" and not every QB from a 1A school is "The next big thing" or a "sure fire D1 prospect". It just gets more clicks to say they are.

Having lived in Georgia... what people think is "recruiting" up in KY is hilarious when you see what really happens at some of these big boy programs down here  in the South where the Head Coach is making 250K in salary alone and where Power 5 schools stop as a routine route every week. Study up on Buford, Colquitt County, Grayson, Valdosta, and some of these schools where 5* players just "happen" to end up and seeing a kid's family move from one side of a river to the other or seeing a kid transfer in middle school and driving from a county over seems pedestrian.
Top 10 in Academics in the State, Nearly every sport competes at either a Regional, State, or National Championship Levels….Yet, according to some, we have to pay people illegally to come to school here?!?! Their logic is flawed on so many levels, I wouldn’t know where to even begin….
[-] The following 2 users Like HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-, Humpty Dumpty
(08-30-2022, 10:59 PM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 04:21 PM)Truewords Wrote: I can’t see this staff worrying if Boykins quits. He is not a piece that if lost you shut down talk of state championship. 2nd if they thought Duty gave them better chance to win he would be in there. 3rd if they brought 8th grader to Pikeville to play QB for the future then they don’t have faith in Duty going forward. This may be a bigger problem next year when all 3 are wanting the job. This may turn into a case of can they keep everyone happy and parents in check.

Top 10 in Academics in the State, Nearly every sport competes at either a Regional, State, or National Championship Levels….Yet, according to some, we have to pay people illegally to come to school here?!?! Their logic is flawed on so many levels, I wouldn’t know where to even begin….
Exactly!

(08-30-2022, 01:23 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: Has anyone on here seen they pass which is on Twitter and was called incomplete and it definitely was backwards pass that Hensley from Pikeville pick up and ran  a touchdown one of the worst calls I seen so far this year but as always my GO PANTHERS!!!
Yep. See page #2   post  #39. Agree, one of the worse calls I've seen in football....all levels.
(08-30-2022, 01:23 PM)UPatriot1 Wrote: Has anyone on here seen they pass which is on Twitter and was called incomplete and it definitely was backwards pass that Hensley from Pikeville pick up and ran  a touchdown one of the worst calls I seen so far this year but as always my GO PANTHERS!!!
Yes it was an egregious call. I don’t understand how that happened. I also don’t understand why the cov cath players were not aware/coached to pounce on that ball?!?  That needs to change for Covington Catholic. Anything remotely close and you right tooth and nail to recover the ball period!  Regardless, give the panthers credit for bowing their backs, coming up with a defensive stop, and scoring a couple plays later. Phenomenal mental toughness to erase the bad officiating that was out of their control.
I saw a video on facebook of a lateral that Pikeville was going to return for a touchdown, but it seemed the officials blew it dead and ruled it an incomplete pass. Is that what happened? That seems like a pretty big miss.
(08-31-2022, 09:23 AM)jamesclay Wrote: I saw a video on facebook of a lateral that Pikeville was going to return for a touchdown, but it seemed the officials blew it dead and ruled it an incomplete pass. Is that what happened? That seems like a pretty big miss.

Thats how I saw it...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jamesclay
(08-27-2022, 11:50 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Pikeville will be good enough to win the 1A title. Let’s be honest only 1 team maybe 2 tops will even be able to play with Pikeville in 1A this year with the real threat being Raceland. Playing close games even in defeat will only help make them better come playoffs and like I said there only getting better to have to worry about Raceland. Corbin and Cov Catholic are some of the top programs in the state every year regardless of which class they play in and they lose both of those games by only 1 score. Which means one turnover going their way and they would be sitting at 2-0 and everyone praising how strong they are for beating teams that even a 1A powerhouse was an underdog going into the game.

I would rather play Raceland than Hazard in the playoffs, unless the game is at Raceland...I would love to play the Rams in Lexington, Raceland fans deserve to experience watching their team play for a State title because they have a fantastic program and great fanbase. Pikeville will have their QB play figured out by then and Raceland would be experiencing playing for a State title for the first time...kind of similar to Paintsville in 2019 when they got a running clock put on them but that experience paid off for Paintsville in 2020 and they brought the big trophy home.

Pikeville could have easily beat Raceland by 50+ in the playoffs last season if they wanted too and probably without even throwing more than 5 passes and Hazard gave them a very tough game on the Panthers home field with a freshman QB in the playoffs, Hazard is gonna be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs, especially on their home field. Since my girlfriend is a Hazard girl and fan, mostly because it pisses her mom off so bad I always enjoy beating them but they are legit and can win it all especially with their sophomore stud QB...and I would never hear the end of it if Hazard ended Pikeville's season..But you're right those are the only 2 Class A schools that can beat Pikeville this year in my opinion and even at that both teams have to play great football and hope Pikeville doesn't bring their A game that night or day if in Lexington. I think Pikeville, Raceland, and Hazard all 3 can most likely only lose to each other in the playoffs, It would take a major upset for another Class A team to beat any of those 3...just my opinion.  Pikeville will have to replace a lot after this season but is loaded for the foreseeable future and Hazard will be tough the next 2 years atleast...Raceland will always have a great program but if they are gonna break the 0'fer then this is probably the year and as.much as I enjoy using the 0'fer line against their fans all in good fun I hope Raceland wins a State Championship if Pikeville doesn't...it's gonna be interesting no doubt.

(08-29-2022, 04:21 PM)Truewords Wrote: I can’t see this staff worrying if Boykins quits. He is not a piece that if lost you shut down talk of state championship. 2nd if they thought Duty gave them better chance to win he would be in there. 3rd if they brought 8th grader to Pikeville to play QB for the future then they don’t have faith in Duty going forward. This may be a bigger problem next year when all 3 are wanting the job. This may turn into a case of can they keep everyone happy and parents in check.

Yep...I live closer to Pike Central and Belfry but both my kids will attend Pikeville K thru 12 whether they choose to play sports or not.  Their grandparents live in the city limits and they may have to stay with them a night or two a week if I don't move back into the city limits lol.

(09-02-2022, 04:47 AM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 11:50 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Pikeville will be good enough to win the 1A title. Let’s be honest only 1 team maybe 2 tops will even be able to play with Pikeville in 1A this year with the real threat being Raceland. Playing close games even in defeat will only help make them better come playoffs and like I said there only getting better to have to worry about Raceland. Corbin and Cov Catholic are some of the top programs in the state every year regardless of which class they play in and they lose both of those games by only 1 score. Which means one turnover going their way and they would be sitting at 2-0 and everyone praising how strong they are for beating teams that even a 1A powerhouse was an underdog going into the game.

I would rather play Raceland than Hazard in the playoffs, unless the game is at Raceland...I would love to play the Rams in Lexington, Raceland fans deserve to experience watching their team play for a State title because they have a fantastic program and great fanbase. Pikeville will have their QB play figured out by then and Raceland would be experiencing playing for a State title for the first time...kind of similar to Paintsville in 2019 when they got a running clock put on them but that experience paid off for Paintsville in 2020 and they brought the big trophy home.

Pikeville could have easily beat Raceland by 50+ in the playoffs last season if they wanted too and probably without even throwing more than 5 passes and Hazard gave them a very tough game on the Panthers home field with a freshman QB in the playoffs, Hazard is gonna be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs, especially on their home field. Since my girlfriend is a Hazard girl and fan, mostly because it pisses her mom off so bad I always enjoy beating them but they are legit and can win it all especially with their sophomore stud QB...and I would never hear the end of it if Hazard ended Pikeville's season..But you're right those are the only 2 Class A schools that can beat Pikeville this year in my opinion and even at that both teams have to play great football and hope Pikeville doesn't bring their A game that night or day if in Lexington. I think Pikeville, Raceland, and Hazard all 3 can most likely only lose to each other in the playoffs, It would take a major upset for another Class A team to beat any of those 3...just my opinion.  Pikeville will have to replace a lot after this season but is loaded for the foreseeable future and Hazard will be tough the next 2 years atleast...Raceland will always have a great program but if they are gonna break the 0'fer then this is probably the year and as.much as I enjoy using the 0'fer line against their fans all in good fun I hope Raceland wins a State Championship if Pikeville doesn't...it's gonna be interesting no doubt.

(08-29-2022, 05:00 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I don’t think Pikeville “brought” in anyone to be qb of the future. Now he may have transferred here from another school but not recruited to Pikeville. Idk the kid but if he’s good enough to start as a true freshman he will but that doesn’t have anything to do with Pikeville this season. Pikeville will have a lot to replace after this season.

Yep...I live closer to Pike Central and Belfry but both my kids will attend Pikeville K thru 12 whether they choose to play sports or not.  Their grandparents live in the city limits and they may have to stay with them a night or two a week if I don't move back into the city limits lol...and since I've got around 600 acres all to myself I doubt I will unless the wife insists.  

(08-29-2022, 05:00 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I don’t think Pikeville “brought” in anyone to be qb of the future. Now he may have transferred here from another school but not recruited to Pikeville. Idk the kid but if he’s good enough to start as a true freshman he will but that doesn’t have anything to do with Pikeville this season. Pikeville will have a lot to replace after this season.

Yep...I live closer to Pike Central and Belfry but both my kids will attend Pikeville K thru 12 whether they choose to play sports or not.  Their grandparents live in the city limits and they may have to stay with them a night or two a week if I don't move back into the city limits lol.

(08-29-2022, 05:39 PM)Truewords Wrote: Have no idea of reason kid is there but if you don’t think schools bring kids in at the middle school level then look no further than D&D posts weekly. Or just look at your middle school basketball team. They All do it. Let’s just not act like doesn’t happen