Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covington Catholic 27 Pikeville 19
Final.

Congratulations Cov Cath!!

According to the commentators, this is the first time Pikeville has begun it's season at 0/2 since 2009.
Smile Picking Pikeville has costed me big time in the Pick em................................ 

Congratulations Covington Catholic. That Punt return in the first half for a touchdown was huge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • cuppett777
Just a lot of questions for Pikeville after this game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(08-27-2022, 10:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile Picking Pikeville has costed me big time in the Pick em................................ 

Congratulations Covington Catholic. That Punt return in the first half for a touchdown was huge.
Told ya …..stop picking Pikeville hahah
(08-27-2022, 10:40 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile Picking Pikeville has costed me big time in the Pick em................................ 

My Pick'ems have EXPLODED!!!!
Tongue Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, cuppett777
(08-27-2022, 10:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Just a lot of questions for Pikeville after this game

What are those questions? I’m curious of your opinion.
No shame in losing to a 5A school that’s suppose to win. Raceland is very very good but expect them to take the loss against Fort Thomas in a few weeks.
(08-27-2022, 10:53 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 10:51 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Just a lot of questions for Pikeville after this game

Main thing is QB. Against good teams with speed like Cov Cath who are smart the inside zone and read option just ain’t getting it done. They loaded the box and just played gaps. Then when they tried to pass 19 would have guys open 10-20 yards down field and just didn’t see them or think he could make the throw. So that just shows he’s not a threat to throw at this point. At the end of the first quarter when Pikeville was in the red zone they threw 3-4 times to try and score. Why didn’t that put 6 in to throw? 

Pikeville will beat a lot of teams because 19 and 12 are in the backfield. But against teams that can match their speed they will have to figure out something else. Right now you can load the box key 19 on the read option and plug the middle for 12.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I was impressed by Pikeville as an outstanding 1A team. Eyeballing the remaining schedules for Covington Catholic and Pikeville, I think that Pikeville probably has stiffer regular season competition ahead of them. Pikeville remains the solid favorite to win the 1A title, IMO. Covington Catholic has a near zero chance of winning a 5A title this season.
(08-27-2022, 10:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Until they play Raceland then bet the ranch
Pikeville an inch or 2 from being 2-0 and they are only going to get better all year
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Fanatic42
(08-27-2022, 11:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 10:53 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

Until they play Raceland then bet the ranch
Pikeville an inch or 2 from being 2-0 and they are only going to get better all year

I thought Pkeville played okay.
If they continue to play Boykins at QB they are sabotaging the season. They would likely be 2-0 right now with 2 close wins if they played Duty full time with Boykins and Birchfield in the backfield or possibly Boykins as a reciever, but idk if he can catch, we all know he can run and could probably get open alot.
Pikeville is playing really really good competition. They are a excellent team that will win another title at the end of the year. You guys are coming off a season of watching a super team and this years team isn’t last years team but they are still the best in class A. You guys got more Losses coming but it’s only making you better. Stay calm and watch this team develop
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • jetpilot
Solid showing against a great program, I know this isn't one of CovCath's best teams but it's still CovCath. I had CovCath winning 28-21 so the game went as I expected.

I'm still just as optimistic about Pikeville's chances of repeating as I was when the season started. I went into the season believing Hazard and Raceland are the only 2 Class A schools that can beat the Panthers this season and I still believe that. If they avoid any major injuries this schedule will have them well prepared if/when they meet either in the playoffs.

Obviously the Panthers have some things to improve upon and get ironed out but I have complete faith in Coach Mac to do so.
[-] The following 2 users Like Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • Fanatic42, jetpilot
(08-27-2022, 11:41 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Pikeville is playing really really good competition. They are a excellent team that will win another title at the end of the year. You guys are coming off a season of watching a super team and this years team isn’t last years team but they are still the best in class A. You guys got more Losses coming but it’s only making you better. Stay calm and watch this team develop

Pikeville Hazard and Raceland 
Wide open
Hopefully 2 of these 3 teams will be at Kroger 
And it’s very likely
Pikeville will be good enough to win the 1A title. Let’s be honest only 1 team maybe 2 tops will even be able to play with Pikeville in 1A this year with the real threat being Raceland. Playing close games even in defeat will only help make them better come playoffs and like I said there only getting better to have to worry about Raceland. Corbin and Cov Catholic are some of the top programs in the state every year regardless of which class they play in and they lose both of those games by only 1 score. Which means one turnover going their way and they would be sitting at 2-0 and everyone praising how strong they are for beating teams that even a 1A powerhouse was an underdog going into the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SmashMouth17's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty
You know I am a Pikeville fan but everyone gets on here blasts the offense and in some cases is a legitimate statement. What bothers me most is the defense (which I thought was their strength) they are making mental mistakes and misses assignments now that is what disturbs me. Yes they have played some very good competition but that don’t account for making these mistakes. Long season folks and hopefully it gets worked out. Plus special teams needs some work too, but as always GO PANTHERS!!! Congratulations to Covington Catholic they might be down some this year but they have some talented young men on that team.
(08-27-2022, 10:57 PM)T-CATS Wrote: No shame in losing to a 5A school that’s suppose to win. Raceland is very very good but expect them to take the loss against Fort Thomas in a few weeks.
Actually a 3A school that is playing up to 5A.
Pikeville with maybe the toughest schedule in the state, pound for pound. 0-2 is just money in the bank for their playoff run.
This is no surprise. You can still go ahead and mail the 1A trophy to Pikeville.
(08-28-2022, 12:11 AM)Bob Seger Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 10:57 PM)T-CATS Wrote: No shame in losing to a 5A school that’s suppose to win. Raceland is very very good but expect them to take the loss against Fort Thomas in a few weeks.
Not true. They are a legit 5A school
Don't think i would want to be Paintsville right now. Pikeville coming off two close losses will be good and hungry for a win. Thought the Panthers had a chance to pull this one out toward the end of the game, or at least tie it, but it didn't happen. Proud of this team for even scheduling 5-A Cov. Cath. They played tough tonight but fell a little short. Watch them get better as the season progresses.
(08-27-2022, 11:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 10:53 PM)bac2369 Wrote:

Main thing is QB. Against good teams with speed like Cov Cath who are smart the inside zone and read option just ain’t getting it done. They loaded the box and just played gaps. Then when they tried to pass 19 would have guys open 10-20 yards down field and just didn’t see them or think he could make the throw. So that just shows he’s not a threat to throw at this point. At the end of the first quarter when Pikeville was in the red zone they threw 3-4 times to try and score. Why didn’t that put 6 in to throw? 

Pikeville will beat a lot of teams because 19 and 12 are in the backfield. But against teams that can match their speed they will have to figure out something else. Right now you can load the box key 19 on the read option and plug the middle for 12.
Noone they play in 1A will be close to the 2 teams Pikeville has played so far. I think the offense will be fine in the 1A playoffs.
Not making ANY changes on the Offensive side all night was absolutely shocking to me. Did Pikeville run more than the same 4-5 plays all night? If I’m correct they only tried to throw the ball like 4 or 5 times all game even with a loaded box against them. Very uncharacteristic of a Pikeville team.
Pikeville is 0-2! Strange position for them to be in. With their district schedule they will have a chance to get above .500 very soon but Belfry comes to town in two weeks:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anyone know why PHS wore white? Just curious. Belfry had to wear white also at home because Bourbon’s white jerseys weren’t in yet.
(08-28-2022, 12:59 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Don't think i would want to be Paintsville right now. Pikeville coming off two close losses will be good and hungry for a win. Thought the Panthers had a chance to pull this one out toward the end of the game, or at least tie it, but it didn't happen. Proud of this team for even scheduling 5-A Cov. Cath. They played tough tonight but fell a little short. Watch them get better as the season progresses.
Yeah I’m sure Paintsville is shaking in their cleats worrying about Pikeville after they just played a team that would rail Pikeville by 4 TDs. Pikeville fans are delusional. You can be proud as you want but that’s not a good Cov Cath team and you just lost to a team that you should’ve beat soundly. I’ve got lots more that I’d like to post about this Pikeville team, staff included, but can’t decide whether I really want to or not.
(08-28-2022, 02:48 AM)BelfryPride Wrote: Pikeville is 0-2! Strange position for them to be in. With their district schedule they will have a chance to get above .500 very soon but Belfry comes to town in two weeks:
That'll be a great game. Pikeville get 4 straight over the Pirates?

(08-28-2022, 03:58 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 12:59 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Don't think i would want to be Paintsville right now. Pikeville coming off two close losses will be good and hungry for a win. Thought the Panthers had a chance to pull this one out toward the end of the game, or at least tie it, but it didn't happen. Proud of this team for even scheduling 5-A Cov. Cath. They played tough tonight but fell a little short. Watch them get better as the season progresses.
Yeah I’m sure Paintsville is shaking in their cleats worrying about Pikeville after they just played a team that would rail Pikeville by 4 TDs. Pikeville fans are delusional. You can be proud as you want but that’s not a good Cov Cath team and you just lost to a team that you should’ve beat soundly. I’ve got lots more that I’d like to post about this Pikeville team, staff included, but can’t decide whether I really want to or not.
Tell everyone how you really feel. :-)
(08-28-2022, 12:40 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 12:11 AM)Bob Seger Wrote:
Not true. They are a legit 5A school
Since when? CovCath and Ft. Thomas Highlands are both 3A schools and havr been playing up for years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Seger's post:
  • bo67
Pikeville is the best 0-2 team in the state!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TRex34's post:
  • Big Five-0-