Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
4A 2022 Predictions?
Can't stand Centrals offense. Fix that they are a hard out !
(07-09-2022, 12:14 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 04:01 PM)16 special Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 09:13 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 05:47 PM)16 special Wrote: They also had Patterson still at Corbin and no quisenberry. And bourbon county? Over lex cath and Louisville central. Heck those two didn’t even make honorable mention. Nothing to look too much into.
I would put Central in for bourbon or at least tie them with hoptown how they had it. Central has athletes only matched by the other teams on the list. With scroggins, RIP,  this team could’ve been special. I need to see some coaching out of the new bunch really. But lex cath, they aren’t getting the same guys they used too all over the field. They do have local stars that are born and raised in the system. But they are missing on the late 9th and 10th grade transfers they used to get all the time. They may deserve to get into the top 5 but this is preseason so you have to go off of returning production.
In regards to central coaching, they won a state title in 2018, went to state semis in 2019 playing toe to toe with Boyle, then went undefeated in the regular season in 2020. I think they can coach and they have some good young kids coming in from the chargers youth program. I have a lot of respect for Dantzler and co. If they drop to 3a next alignment, they’ll win 2-3 in a row.
I think I could’ve won in 18, and they were a botched field goal hold away from losing it. 19 they lose to boyle and imo had more talent. A slight drop off the last two years but covid made an impact from my view, but they can’t beat franklin county. Yes they have Kaden moorman, and yes he’s a stud, but corbin shut him and franklin down last year. So why couldn’t central? Central has more speed at every position and strength was debatable, but they haven’t been to the third round since 2019. I think that’s on the coaching. Steady decline in production from the departure of scroggins.

And with cortez stone, they should run right through most of the teams they play.

Really. 2019 had more talent than Boyle???  From that Boyle team their WR/DB is at WVU, Their OT/DT is starting at Middle TN State, their QB is at Centre, their Freshman DE has just signed with UK, and the Kicker will be on scholly at UK next year.  I'm probably missing a few others along the way. 

So, who on that Central Team is playing elsewhere?  
(07-09-2022, 04:20 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(07-07-2022, 05:47 PM)16 special Wrote: They also had Patterson still at Corbin and no quisenberry. And bourbon county? Over lex cath and Louisville central. Heck those two didn’t even make honorable mention. Nothing to look too much into.
I would put Central in for bourbon or at least tie them with hoptown how they had it. Central has athletes only matched by the other teams on the list. With scroggins, RIP,  this team could’ve been special. I need to see some coaching out of the new bunch really. But lex cath, they aren’t getting the same guys they used too all over the field. They do have local stars that are born and raised in the system. But they are missing on the late 9th and 10th grade transfers they used to get all the time. They may deserve to get into the top 5 but this is preseason so you have to go off of returning production.
In regards to central coaching, they won a state title in 2018, went to state semis in 2019 playing toe to toe with Boyle, then went undefeated in the regular season in 2020. I think they can coach and they have some good young kids coming in from the chargers youth program. I have a lot of respect for Dantzler and co. If they drop to 3a next alignment, they’ll win 2-3 in a row.
I think I could’ve won in 18, and they were a botched field goal hold away from losing it. 19 they lose to boyle and imo had more talent. A slight drop off the last two years but covid made an impact from my view, but they can’t beat franklin county. Yes they have Kaden moorman, and yes he’s a stud, but corbin shut him and franklin down last year. So why couldn’t central? Central has more speed at every position and strength was debatable, but they haven’t been to the third round since 2019. I think that’s on the coaching. Steady decline in production from the departure of scroggins.

And with cortez stone, they should run right through most of the teams they play.

Fc team that  played Corbin is not even comparable to the one central played. Second fc vs central game fc sputtered. Barely won the game.

Franklin County is mediocre at best Smile
Bottom feeder…. Lol no where near the likes of a Bourbon County! And for sure not assembled by Boyle!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • pjdoug
(07-09-2022, 10:58 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Bottom feeder…. Lol no where near the likes  of a Bourbon County! And for sure not assembled by Boyle!

LOL!
(07-09-2022, 09:06 PM)Hatz Wrote:

Really. 2019 had more talent than Boyle???  From that Boyle team their WR/DB is at WVU, Their OT/DT is starting at Middle TN State, their QB is at Centre, their Freshman DE has just signed with UK, and the Kicker will be on scholly at UK next year.  I'm probably missing a few others along the way. 

So, who on that Central Team is playing elsewhere?  
You can watch a team play and tell they have talent, but if they aren’t coached they never go anywhere. The whole point of the post was that they have the talent and they miss. Yes boyle is talented, but the system they grow up in and the unbelievable coaching since the beginning of time or whatever makes the difference. Does the WR go to WVU without the coaching he got from youth up and especially when he got to 9th grade, idk. It wasn’t like he was damien harris or something where he walked on the field and dominated by himself. The same for everyone else. 

BTW did you really say centre college, dude cmon. Yes it’s playing at the next level, but you pay to play there. D3 can’t give any money for scholarships and it’s the local school. There’s multiple high schools in kentucky that could compete with centre right now athletically. D1 and fcs is amazing, d2 is great, naia is good, d3 is disgusting. JMO
The wr at WVU probably would have made it to WVU anyway. Saw him first as a 5th grader. Was the best player on the field and it wasn't close. Kid just different. But I do understand you point. Boyle's coaching staff through the last 30 years has been exceptional. They have made some football players out of some kids who I never thought I would see it from.

Where we disagree is about DIII. When I coached DIII we had a couple of kids who played on NFL practice squads for a few years. It's better football than you give it credit. There are some lower level DIII that go through the motions to satisfy alumni who want a football program, but there are many DIII teams who play REALLY good football.
(07-10-2022, 07:57 AM)BEChargers Wrote: The wr at WVU probably would have made it to WVU anyway.  Saw him first as a 5th grader.  Was the best player on the field and it wasn't close.  Kid just different.  But I do understand you point.  Boyle's coaching staff through the last 30 years has been exceptional.  They have made some football players out of some kids who I never thought I would see it from. 

Where we disagree is about DIII.  When I coached DIII we had a couple of kids who played on NFL practice squads for a few years.  It's better football than you give it credit.  There are some lower level DIII that go through the motions to satisfy alumni who want a football program, but there are many DIII teams who play REALLY good football.
The kid was amazing Im not saying any different, but does he go to a power 5 if he plays at a school like garrard, lincoln, casey, etc. I don’t see it. 

I understand you might have a couple of forgotten athletes go D3 and they work hard and do amazing. And i’m 1000 percent for a kid to better his academic future through sports, but when you have to pay for school in its entirety is where i draw the line. It’s not even comparable to walking on somewhere at a D1 level, because you have the opportunity to get the scholarship and you aren’t playing D3. I hate to rub on a program like this, but my sons high school graduating group was good, i mean they were special, but every kid with an ACT higher than 22 and a 26 superscore “where they can take it multiple times and add up all the subscores” got a “roster spot” at centre if they applied to their school. Even kids that maybe played a couple varsity downs all the way through high school late in blowouts. Now they don’t even force the standardized tests anymore so it’s untelling what they are doing now. That doesn’t sound like REALLY good football to me.
You’re saying a bunch of 17-18 year olds could compete with 21-22 year olds? I just don’t see it. Having played high school and college, no high school team in ky would compete. The 4 year gap is just too much to overcome.
Having a "roster spot" doesn't mean you are getting on the field. NAIA schools have found a way to survive by "offering" kids in all sports knowing they will NEVER play. But it's gets them their tuition, grant, and loan money for a year or two. It has killed their graduation rates but they are better off financially by doing it. I've seen kids who only started a few games in high school get offered by NAIA schools to get their tuition money. You are right, DIII doesn't have scholly's but there are grants offered by the school that look an awful lot like sports money. Gold and White Grant comes to mind. I'm not talking about those players, I'm talking about the kids who play. It is really good football.
(07-10-2022, 12:20 PM)16 special Wrote: You’re saying a bunch of 17-18 year olds could compete with 21-22 year olds? I just don’t see it. Having played high school and college, no high school team in ky would compete. The 4 year gap is just too much to overcome.
Ok i can talk about what i know and make opinions on other things like everyone else, but it’s a fact that multiple teams in the 13th region could’ve beat union college in the past. I’m sure it’s the same all over the state. Union has some guys on the roster right now that barely played in the area, but they are on the team and get minutes. So yes, i believe the 4 year age gap doesn’t make a difference when some high schools has better facilities, coaches, trainers, etc than the colleges do.
(07-11-2022, 08:34 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 12:20 PM)16 special Wrote: You’re saying a bunch of 17-18 year olds could compete with 21-22 year olds? I just don’t see it. Having played high school and college, no high school team in ky would compete. The 4 year gap is just too much to overcome.
Ok i can talk about what i know and make opinions on other things like everyone else, but it’s a fact that multiple teams in the 13th region could’ve beat union college in the past. I’m sure it’s the same all over the state. Union has some guys on the roster right now that barely played in the area, but they are on the team and get minutes. So yes, i believe the 4 year age gap doesn’t make a difference when some high schools has better facilities, coaches, trainers, etc than the colleges do.

Union would’ve worked any team in the 13th last year. None of those kids would’ve tackled Isiah Wright. You’re sounding like when WYMT was saying Corbin could beat college teams last year
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • BEChargers
(07-11-2022, 11:02 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Union would’ve worked any team in the 13th last year. None of those kids would’ve tackled Isiah Wright. You’re sounding like when WYMT was saying Corbin could beat college teams last year

I must have missed that, I wished I would have heard that one.
(07-11-2022, 11:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

One of the JC kids quote tweeted it after the game.
if Corbin had good offensive and defensive coordinators they'd be the team to beat Smile
(07-12-2022, 12:04 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(07-11-2022, 11:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

One of the JC kids quote tweeted it after the game.
I would like to see it, someone please post it lol.
There’s no shot any team in the 13th region, or any region for that matter, could have beaten a college football team. You’re talking grown men with 3 to 4 more years in the weight room vs. kids that play other sports and sometimes don’t get a full lifting season in. There wasn’t even a 13th region team in a state semi finals last year and now they can beat college teams? Get real.
[-] The following 3 users Like 16 special's post:
  • BEChargers, Big Daddy Bull, FootballFan1999
Johnson Central Football Schedule
6A Lafayette Away Bowl
6A Fern Creek at Bowl Location
5A North Laurel Away
Ironton OH Away
Waverly OH Home
4A Clay County Away District
4A Perry Co Home District
4A Harlan Co Away District
4A Letcher Co Home District
3A Belfry Home

corbin Schedule

1A Pigskin Classic vs Pikeville @ Corbin
5A Whitley County @ Corbin
4A Franklin County Away
5A Pulaski County @ Corbin
2A Somerset Away
6A Simon Kenton Away
4A Knox Central @ Corbin
4A Lincoln County@ Corbin
4a Wayne County Away
6a Campbell County @ Corbin
(07-12-2022, 08:52 AM)Eagleland Wrote: Johnson Central Football Schedule
6A Lafayette Away Bowl
6A Fern Creek at Bowl Location
5A North Laurel Away
Ironton OH Away
Waverly OH Home
4A Clay County Away District
4A Perry Co Home  District
4A Harlan Co Away District
4A Letcher Co Home District
3A Belfry Home

corbin  Schedule

1A Pigskin Classic vs Pikeville @ Corbin
5A  Whitley County @ Corbin
4A Franklin County Away
5A Pulaski County @ Corbin
2A Somerset Away
6A Simon Kenton Away
4A Knox Central @ Corbin
4A Lincoln County@ Corbin
4a Wayne County Away
6a Campbell County @ Corbin

Dont worry, they will meet again. Kinda becoming a normal thing here lately.
(07-12-2022, 08:33 AM)16 special Wrote:
There’s no shot any team in the 13th region, or any region for that matter, could have beaten a college football team. You’re talking grown men with 3 to 4 more years in the weight room vs. kids that play other sports and sometimes don’t get a full lifting season in. There wasn’t even a 13th region team in a state semi finals last year and now they can beat college teams? Get real.
Union College 2019
Morehead state- 44-7 L
Webber- 42-18 L
ST thomas- 45-20 L
Cambellsville- 52-14 L
Cumberlands- 98-0 L
Bluefield- 57-14 L
ST. andrews- 52-14 L
Cincinnati Christian- 24-16 L
Point- 47-14 L
KCU-34-28 L
Reinhart- 63-0 L

Bell county went 14-1 this year losing to belfry in a state game without 2 starters and would’ve beat union. Corbin in 17 and 18 went to state so they very well could’ve beat this team those years, 19 i believe was a fall off year. Harlan Co without the bad coaching they had could’ve out muscled them with the team they had in 17,18 and 19. Branching out into the state, Boyle from 17 to now could’ve beat this team handly. Then the JCs, FD, and Owensboros. Moral of the story every year there are public school high schools that can beat the horrendous teams fielded. Yes this year there was a D1, Juco star that failed out and fell into unions lap and was pretty good. But there’s other teams in the state that fell off and sucked. I can’t believe people don’t actually think that there’s not schools in the khsaa that could beat small colleges. I’m not talking about Uk, UL, WKU, EKU that’s crazy. I used this year as an example because it was in my backyard but it goes for all areas of the state and country.
(07-12-2022, 04:28 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 08:33 AM)16 special Wrote:
Union College 2019
Morehead state- 44-7 L
Webber- 42-18 L
ST thomas- 45-20 L
Cambellsville- 52-14 L
Cumberlands- 98-0 L
Bluefield- 57-14 L
ST. andrews- 52-14 L
Cincinnati Christian- 24-16 L
Point- 47-14 L
KCU-34-28 L
Reinhart- 63-0 L

Bell county went 14-1 this year losing to belfry in a state game without 2 starters and would’ve beat union. Corbin in 17 and 18 went to state so they very well could’ve beat this team those years, 19 i believe was a fall off year. Harlan Co without the bad coaching they had could’ve out muscled them with the team they had in 17,18 and 19. Branching out into the state, Boyle from 17 to now could’ve beat this team handly. Then the JCs, FD, and Owensboros. Moral of the story every year there are public school high schools that can beat the horrendous teams fielded. Yes this year there was a D1, Juco star that failed out and fell into unions lap and was pretty good. But there’s other teams in the state that fell off and sucked. I can’t believe people don’t actually think that there’s not schools in the khsaa that could beat small colleges. I’m not talking about Uk, UL, WKU, EKU that’s crazy. I used this year as an example because it was in my backyard but it goes for all areas of the state and country.
Union would beat Trinity, StX, and Male let alone those other teams you named. Really no explanation needed. They couldn't handle the trenches- skill maybe but that's it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • BEChargers
The title goes through Boyle until someone knocks them off
[-] The following 2 users Like BlueBlood10's post:
  • Jack Lambert, toolaidback
(06-27-2022, 09:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Only one covid year and thst was a while
Back?

(07-12-2022, 07:06 PM)BlueBlood10 Wrote: The title goes through Boyle until someone knocks them off

Finally back to the thread title.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Hatz, toolaidback