Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4A 2022 Predictions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts?
Corbin doesn't win the championship.
East Side - Boyle County            

West Side- Franklin County
To me, my Flyers have a lot to prove before they get any kind of preseason ranking over other teams. We seen what they did with #1 in some polls last year.
JC is a big mystery to me. It will depend on the hire for HC in my opinion. We definitely have some dudes, however, we are losing a ton from the  O-Line. Not to mention the QB.
4A will be wide open with 4 or 5 teams capable of winning depending on matchups and RPI at the end. Johnson Central going forward will be a huge question mark as it's no guarantee the next coach can get the kids in and develop them like Matney did. They won't fall off the cliff immediately no matter who it is, but they need to make the right hire if they want to stay relevant for the long haul.
IMO there is NO clear cut favorite in 4A next season. With 2 program searching for a HC in Lex Catholic and JC. Both have some nice contributor/ players coming back, but a good/ great HC will be the difference. Corbin is hard to read. They sure did have the athletes/ D1 this season and looked unstoppable at times. Franklin Co will have Mr. Football candidate/ Moorman back, but they lose a lot as well. Boyle Co has some major contributors back, but with the lost of re-do QB and Mr. do it all player in Lanter, they too might have a slight setback.. but we all know they will be in the mix.
Lol, seriously. Only 1 team race next year. Boyle County gets 3 in a row. Sage Dawson will take over QB job and Boyle won’t slow down a bit. Go Rebels
I like Central next year.
I agree with those who say that there is no clear-cut favorite to win 4A next season. I think that Johnson Central, Franklin County, and Boyle County will begin the season on an equal footing.

How Johnson Central does in the future will definitely hinge on the selection of a new head coach and how much of its outstanding staff remains intact. Johnson Central's future football success will also depend on the continued success of its wrestling program.

The Golden Eagles return the following running backs (stats include 12 games but not the final game):

Zach McCoart (freshman) 1,176 yards (missed 1 game because of injury)
Chase Price (junior) 772 yards
Carter Conley (sophomore) 609 yards
Mason Lawson (junior) 287 yards (injured during game 2 after averaging 11.5 ypc)

If Mason Lawson returns 100% healthy, Johnson Central should have the best ground game in 4A again. With the development of some good incoming freshman running backs and returning freshmen, I suspect that some of the running backs may become receivers next season.
Sage Dawson gonna be as good as #9? not a chance. But Boyle may have enough to get it done.. FC, has some guys back but they lose two key wide outs, and 4 olineman. I also believe they lose two very sound linebackers.
(12-07-2021, 01:58 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Sage Dawson gonna be as good as #9? not a chance. But Boyle may have enough to get it done.. FC, has some guys back but they lose two key wide outs, and 4 olineman. I also believe they lose two very sound linebackers.
I think Sage will serve better as a RB/ WR/ DB. If they only put him at QB, IMO that will limit his "touches"... but what do I know, I not the one who's team just went back to back.
(12-07-2021, 01:58 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Sage Dawson gonna be as good as #9? not a chance. But Boyle may have enough to get it done.. FC, has some guys back but they lose two key wide outs, and 4 olineman. I also believe they lose two very sound linebackers.

There's a really good chance that Sage Dawson won't be the starting quarterback next season.
There would have to be a really top QB transfer in for him not to be the starter next year. No one at Boyle now will. Sage throws the ball well, seems to make good decisions and is quick on quick. Already has one year under his belt as a starting QB when he was at Danville.
Corbin returns Tom Greer, Bart Elam, and Wayne Mills. Those guys are difference makers(in a very BAD way).  Corbin streak reaches forty years without a title. Haddix probably gets his trifecta.

Good job, Corbin boosters.
I'm not sure Sage is QB next year. He's a much different player than Gillis. He's faster, but he's not putting his helmet in the middle of anybody's chest and trucking them. He's not a bad passer but he's just a different animal. He has to get touches but I'm not sure what kind of touches he gets. We will see. Boyle will compete next year, but lots of big holes to fill. Some good guys coming back but some big shoes to fill.
If Boyle needs a QB, one will show up. They are solid everywhere. The have a stable of athletes returning that have experience competing for a title (and succeeding-twice). They have to be the clear favorite.

If Lex Cath lands a particular coach, they could have a shot as he will own the Lexington area when it comes to athletes.

Johnson Central is a wild card with having to adapt to a new coach and new system. Could be hard for them to dial it in next season.

Corbin may not make it beyond the first round.. Especially if history repeats itself. Just check the records. The current program is toxic. There are too many folks there for the wrong reasons. The pride that they keep talking about has turned into the pride that brings everyone down and they are too blind to see it. It will take another year for any opportunity to shake things up. Hopefully it won’t be too late.
(12-08-2021, 01:20 AM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]If Boyle needs a QB, one will show up.  They are solid everywhere.  The have a stable of athletes returning that have experience competing for a title (and succeeding-twice).  They have to be the clear favorite. 

If Lex Cath lands a particular coach, they could have a shot as he will own the Lexington area when it comes to athletes.

Johnson Central is a wild card with having to adapt to a new coach and new system.  Could be hard for them to dial it in next season.

Corbin may not make it beyond the first round..  Especially if history repeats itself.  Just check the records.  The current program is  toxic.  There are too many folks there for the wrong reasons.  The pride that they keep talking about has turned into the pride that  brings everyone down and they are too blind to see it.  It will take another year for any opportunity to shake things up.  Hopefully it won’t be too late.

Corbin will make it out of the first round come on now.. the district is a cake walk now that they have the bulk of athletes from Knox Central.
(12-08-2021, 11:39 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2021, 01:20 AM)Cappy Wrote: [ -> ]If Boyle needs a QB, one will show up.  They are solid everywhere.  The have a stable of athletes returning that have experience competing for a title (and succeeding-twice).  They have to be the clear favorite. 

Johnson Central is a wild card with having to adapt to a new coach and new system.  Could be hard for them to dial it in next season.

Corbin may not make it beyond the first round..  Especially if history repeats itself.  Just check the records.  The current program is  toxic.  There are too many folks there for the wrong reasons.  The pride that they keep talking about has turned into the pride that  brings everyone down and they are too blind to see it.  It will take another year for any opportunity to shake things up.  Hopefully it won’t be too late.

Corbin will make it out of the first round come on now.. the district is a cake walk now that they have the bulk of athletes from Knox Central.
They got anymore?

Can’t help it’s a premium program.

Not easy to get into Lex. Cath like it use to be. That's a big reason they do not have athletes in Football/Basketball like they use to. It has zero to do with who the Coach is.
(12-08-2021, 12:34 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

Not easy to get into Lex. Cath like it use to be. That's a big reason they do not have athletes in Football/Basketball like they use to. It has zero to do with who the Coach is.
They don't get athletes??? They may not get an abundance of athletes all at once, but they recently had Beau Allen at UK, Jack Fagot at UofL, lineman at Miami of Ohio, MTSU, Dayton, Murray St and Morehead. Basketball they had Mr. Basketball Ben Johnson and they a 6'11ish that Xavier, Butler and WKU is salivating on, Zan Payne who plays for his daddy at UK lol. I agree that they don't have a lot like they did in the past, but they have some that excel enough to play next level.
Sounds like it.
(12-08-2021, 02:20 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2021, 12:34 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

They don't get athletes??? They may not get an abundance of athletes all at once, but they recently had Beau Allen at UK, Jack Fagot at UofL, lineman at Miami of Ohio, MTSU, Dayton, Murray St and Morehead. Basketball they had Mr. Basketball Ben Johnson and they a 6'11ish that Xavier, Butler and WKU is salivating on, Zan Payne who plays for his daddy at UK lol. I agree that they don't have a lot like they did in the past, but they have some that excel enough to play next level.
I wouldn't consider any of those guys really super athletes but they were really good HS players, and those guys where more than likely going to Lex. Cath when they were in the first grade or had the means to pay tuition.  I'm talking about the kids, that they use to get that started out in the public school system BS, TC, HC, Laf. type kids. You just can't do that anymore.
I have worked on the school as a contractor. I could see the baseball team working out while I was there. That looks like a good school.

Knox has about 4 kids transferring in so they will be tough on corbin, Wayne had a freshman qb that was dangerous. Corbin has a couple kids transferring out and a couple that is not going to play. First round exit is not out of the question.
(12-08-2021, 08:46 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]

Knox has about 4 kids transferring in so they will be tough on corbin, Wayne had a freshman qb that was dangerous.  Corbin has a couple kids transferring out and a couple that is not going to play.  First round exit is not out of the question.
I’ve heard so many rumors through grape vines on kids leaving Corbin, my question is where do they go. If they are who I’ve heard and go where I’m hearing that’s a game changer for 4A. I hate to hear kids not playing at all because of a bad coaching situation it’s not the typical kids not playing because the coach is to tough or not getting to play it’s from my understanding the coaches failed them and they see no purpose. Hopefully the administration see this and makes the right changes. To good of a program with great people to let it diminish.
With no super seniors in 2022, Boyle County boosters will be blocking off a set of rooms for potential transfers at the local Motel 6.
(12-08-2021, 11:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]With no super seniors in 2022, Boyle County boosters will be blocking off a set of rooms for potential transfers at the local Motel 6.

Big Grin

Was that the excuse for the other titles?  

Zeismer will will be a legitimate Senior. Ask him.  Wink
(12-08-2021, 11:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]With no super seniors in 2022, Boyle County boosters will be blocking off a set of rooms for potential transfers at the local Motel 6.

I will write the first check. Lol
GO REBELS
Confirms my suspicion   Smile
Pages: 1 2 3