Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
So let me get this straight. When UK wins, it's every bit because of Cal and his coaching.
When they don't win, Cal has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Sounds like your logic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
(03-02-2023, 07:34 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: What a costly loss this was. Not just the Wallace injury, which we can’t overcome if it’s long-term, but also the fact that a win last night would have wrapped up the three seed in the SEC tournament, and kept us out of Alabama’s side of the draw. A win at Arkansas (unlikely) still does it. A loss now and we may drop completely out of the double bye. And losing at home to South Carolina AND Vandy in the same season? Ugh.

Cal had some magic in store for the Hogs. Cal's best coached game of the season. He owned Musselman today. Cal went to a 2-3 zone late in both halves, gambling that the Razors couldn't beat him from deep. He was right. Also letting Toppin handle the ball a lot, almost like a point, helped out Thiero, who struggled to bring it up at times. Nice adjustments by Cal today. 5-star work by the HOF'er today

(03-02-2023, 02:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: We have to stop even addressing this guy. His mind can't or won't process that the head coach is responsible for 4 years of unacceptably bad results. There's nothing that can be done for him. A 5 year-old of average intelligence can grasp the concept but not him.

In other news, I didn't even realize Vandy's star player was out. It just keeps getting worse. Somehow Stackhouse managed to continue coaching his team.
Here's a question for you: Would you rather have Stackhouse as your coach + around $8 million in your pocket, or Calipari? Warning: if you guess wrong you might be mentally challenged...

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...-disaster/
There's not 1 UK fan 15 or 20  that would go with Stackhouse over Cal.   Silliness.
^The best game that Calipari has coached this season led Kentucky to a win over an Arkansas team that entered the game with a losing SEC record? Only seven other SEC coaches have found a way to beat Arkansas this season (so far).
(03-04-2023, 08:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 07:34 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: What a costly loss this was. Not just the Wallace injury, which we can’t overcome if it’s long-term, but also the fact that a win last night would have wrapped up the three seed in the SEC tournament, and kept us out of Alabama’s side of the draw. A win at Arkansas (unlikely) still does it. A loss now and we may drop completely out of the double bye. And losing at home to South Carolina AND Vandy in the same season? Ugh.

Cal had some magic in store for the Hogs. Cal's best coached game of the season. He owned Musselman today. Cal went to a 2-3 zone late in both halves, gambling that the Razors couldn't beat him from deep. He was right. Also letting Toppin handle the ball a lot, almost like a point, helped out Thiero, who struggled to bring it up at times. Nice adjustments by Cal today. 5-star work by the HOF'er today

(03-02-2023, 02:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: We have to stop even addressing this guy. His mind can't or won't process that the head coach is responsible for 4 years of unacceptably bad results. There's nothing that can be done for him. A 5 year-old of average intelligence can grasp the concept but not him.

In other news, I didn't even realize Vandy's star player was out. It just keeps getting worse. Somehow Stackhouse managed to continue coaching his team.
Here's a question for you: Would you rather have Stackhouse as your coach + around $8 million in your pocket, or Calipari? Warning: if you guess wrong you might be mentally challenged...

There's not 1 UK fan 15 or 20  that would go with Stackhouse over Cal.   Silliness.

Maybe if you went to UK you would understand UK basketball better. Plus I said Stackhouse plus $8MM. People on the taxpayer tit always don't care/forget about other people's money.
(03-04-2023, 08:38 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: So let me get this straight.  When UK wins, it's every bit because of Cal and his coaching.

Sounds like your logic.

Sadly, I'm starting to expect your insults, as disappointing as they are, Gran.   Sad   

I have said that when UK shoots 30% from the field and 60% from the FT line, the players are more to blame for that than Cal. I don't see how that's so illogical.  I suspect we differ a lot on what we believe is logical and what isn't. Cal isn't without fault for some of his decisions but the Naismith HOF'er is light-years ahead of you, me, Jet and Hoot at what he does and he knows his personnel a helluva lot better than any of us.  He earned his $25,000 today. He was masterful at his craft against the Razorbacks.
Plus Stackhouse just beat Cal in Rupp you seem to forget.
Having said that I'm holding off on firing Cal although he is overpaid by millions and there are better coaches for 1/4 the price.
Enjoying this team although expectations are lowered which is grounds for firing on its own.
(03-04-2023, 09:03 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^The best game that Calipari has coached this season led Kentucky to a win over an Arkansas team that entered the game with a losing SEC record? Only seven other SEC coaches have found a way to beat Arkansas this season (so far).

There are #19 in Net rankings.  Lost by 3 recently at Tuscaloosa
(03-04-2023, 09:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 08:38 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: So let me get this straight.  When UK wins, it's every bit because of Cal and his coaching.

Sounds like your logic.

Sadly, I'm starting to expect your insults, as disappointing as they are, Gran.   Sad   

I have said that when UK shoots 30% from the field and 60% from the FT line, the players are more to blame for that than Cal. I don't see how that's so illogical.  I suspect we differ a lot on what we believe is logical and what isn't. Cal isn't without fault for some of his decisions but the Naismith HOF'er is light-years ahead of you, me, Jet and Hoot at what he does and he knows his personnel a helluva lot better than any of us.  He earned his $25,000 today. He was masterful at his craft against the Razorbacks.

His first win in the last 4 games vs Arkansas. You always have the worst arguments.
(03-04-2023, 09:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 08:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Maybe if you went to UK you would understand UK basketball better. Plus I said Stackhouse plus $8MM. People on the taxpayer tit always don't care/forget about other people's money.
Again, not one UK fan in 20, would agree to Stackhouse plus 8 mil over Cal. Probably not 1 in  40.
^^^Only the dumb ones. And only extra dumb ones are happy with the state of the program. I'm hoping for a fun postseason.
(03-04-2023, 09:32 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Only the dumb ones. And only extra dumb ones are happy with the state of the program. I'm hoping for a fun postseason.
Your posts about the deplorable state of UK basketball is immense fun. Just a blast!   Big Grin    You and Hoot's passionate fandem for this team is enviable.
(03-04-2023, 09:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 09:32 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Only the dumb ones. And only extra dumb ones are happy with the state of the program. I'm hoping for a fun postseason.
Your posts about the deplorable state of UK basketball is immense fun. Just a blast!   Big Grin    You and Hoot's passionate fandem for this team is enviable.

I want them to win it all like I have every year since I started listening to the games on the radio with my dad when I was 5 years old. That's the reason I've been so disappointed the last 4 years. Like the vast majority of UK fans.
I voted against firing Calipari and would do it again after this disappointing season. Until all of the people who played a role in hiring Calipari are fired, I do not want them hiring another UK basketball coach. Spending millions of dollars firing Calipari only to risk hiring somebody just as bad or worse would be a terrible waste of taxpayer dollars, IMO.

That being said, in terms of coaching ability, I would rank Calipari one spot above Billy Gillespie and if Gillespie could have stayed sober, then Calipari would be dead last. Eddie Sutton was a better bench coach drunk than Calipari is sober.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jax
(03-04-2023, 10:44 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
I voted against firing Calipari and would do it again after this disappointing season. Until all of the people who played a role in hiring Calipari are fired, I do not want them hiring another UK basketball coach. Spending millions of dollars firing Calipari only to risk hiring somebody just as bad or worse would be a terrible waste of taxpayer dollars, IMO.

That being said, in terms of coaching ability, I would rank Calipari one spot above Billy Gillespie and if Gillespie could have stayed sober, then Calipari would be dead last. Eddie Sutton was a better bench coach drunk than Calipari is sober.
Cal coached circles around Mussel boy today. And he is a person that some fans wanted to see replace Cal.

No more drunks as coach, please. Now that we have a sober one who is in the NHOF and averaging nearly 30 wins a season over his tenure here, better not be in a hurry to let him go.
(03-04-2023, 11:50 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Cal coached circles around Mussel boy today. And he is a person that some fans wanted to see replace Cal.

No more drunks as coach, please. Now that we have a sober one who is in the NHOF and averaging nearly 30 wins a season over his tenure here, better not be premature in letting him go.
We? I am an alumnus of UK, but I think that "we" is a stretch for anybody who is not a player, student, or employee of the University of Kentucky. "We" are paying "our" coach one of the highest salaries paid to any NCAA coach and he is delivering mediocre results. Tubby Smith was often derided as "Ten-loss Tubby" and fired for posting results similar to Calipari's recent seasons. The only difference is that recruiting was not Tubby's strong suit and he was not the most overpaid basketball coach in the country. BTW, Calipari has already lost 10 games this season and it is very likely that he will lose at least a couple more.

Kentucky has had some great coaches over the years, but nobody is going to convince me that John Calipari is any more than a great recruiter. As I said, John Calipari is one of seven SEC coaches to be Musselman's Arkansas this season, and his record against the Razorbacks this season is now 1-1.
(03-05-2023, 12:03 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

No more drunks as coach, please. Now that we have a sober one who is in the NHOF and averaging nearly 30 wins a season over his tenure here, better not be premature in letting him go.
We? I am an alumnus of UK, but I think that "we" is a stretch for anybody who is not a player, student, or employee of the University of Kentucky. "We" are paying "our" coach one of the highest salaries paid to any NCAA coach and he is delivering mediocre results. Tubby Smith was often derided as "Ten-loss Tubby" and fired for posting results similar to Calipari's recent seasons. The only difference is that recruiting was not Tubby's strong suit and he was not the most overpaid basketball coach in the country. BTW, Calipari has already lost 10 games this season and it is very likely that he will lose at least a couple more.

Kentucky has had some great coaches over the years, but nobody is going to convince me that John Calipari is any more than a great recruiter. As I said, John Calipari is one of seven SEC coaches to be Musselman's Arkansas this season, and his record against the Razorbacks this season is now 1-1.
And now 1 out of last 4. You libs always leave out key facts (and millions of extra money spent)
(03-05-2023, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 09:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Your posts about the deplorable state of UK basketball is immense fun. Just a blast!   Big Grin    You and Hoot's passionate fandem for this team is enviable.

And now 1 out of last 4. You libs always leave out key facts (and millions of extra money spent)
You hate us with every fiber of your being.  lol   You think we are coming to take your "stuff"  to give it to someone else.  Big Grin
(03-05-2023, 02:38 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 10:44 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I voted against firing Calipari and would do it again after this disappointing season. Until all of the people who played a role in hiring Calipari are fired, I do not want them hiring another UK basketball coach. Spending millions of dollars firing Calipari only to risk hiring somebody just as bad or worse would be a terrible waste of taxpayer dollars, IMO.

You hate us with every fiber of your being.  lol   You think we are coming to take your "stuff"  to give it to someone else.  Big Grin
Not at all, yet another bad take. Don't hate libs at all just don't want them around me. They are full of sh!t and a waste of time. 
And I'm not worried, they aren't getting any of my stuff. They talk big but are cowards. Swalwell and Schiff talk big but they aren't coming for my stuff lol
(03-04-2023, 09:20 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Sounds like your logic.

That was no insult; I stated facts.  Oftentimes, when you have no facts to dispute a statement, you will take it to a personal level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
There once was an Old School Hound
Whose vision was a bit myopic, I found
He was a big fan of basketball games
Especially when played by UK's famous names
Though he always mistook mediocre coaching for sound
Oh a limerick rhyme scheme!
(03-05-2023, 09:37 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Oh a limerick rhyme scheme!
There once was a Granny Bear so bold,
Whose basketball skills were untold,
She dribbled with flair,
And shot from the air,
A wise woman with moves so controlled.

But Granny Bear was more than just game,
A wise woman with knowledge to claim,
She'd teach the young cubs,
To be strong and tough,
And never to quit or feel shame.

So let's all cheer for Granny Bear,
Her wisdom and skill beyond compare,
A true inspiration,
In every situation,
A legend in the basketball sphere!
  • jetpilot
hahahahahaha
Here's a haiku.

we all know this Hound
His brain has been hijacked woke
what an idiot
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Old School Hound barks loud,
Calipari's coaching style,
Mediocre season.
  • jetpilot
I have discovered part of UK's problem. It looks like Coach Calipari has been taking some coaching advice from a politician. Politics have no place in sports.

Thank you for the limerick Hoot!! I loved it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
So what’s everybody doing this weekend lol
Coach ‘em up Cal! Wooooooo!
(03-11-2023, 01:46 PM)jetpilot Wrote: So what’s everybody doing this weekend lol
Coach ‘em up Cal! Wooooooo!

Cal needs to work on making his free throws, doesn't he?  Can't believe he shoots 'em that bad.  LOL
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next