Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Virginia Football
Aslan Wrote:Completely disagree. Competitive is not going 3-5 or worse every year. Only reason UK makes bowl games is because of the pathetic non conference schedule.

And if they play in any other conference in the game they would have had at least 5 victories in conference play.
I think WVU is and has always been overrated. If you have had a good defense, even in the White/Slaton era, they could be stopped. They would never be competitive in the SEC, and would finish down there with UK. WVU would be good awful if the Big East didn't drop off dramatically at the same time as Rich Rod's departure. They haven't done anything without him (I don't count that BCS win, that was Rod's team.) I'm interested to see how they do once Noel Devine is gone, because Rod brought him in too.

However, Rich Rodriguez and the program he runs is the largest collective turd in the NCAA. Smile
Aslan Wrote:Completely disagree. Competitive is not going 3-5 or worse every year. Only reason UK makes bowl games is because of the pathetic non conference schedule.

Which SEC team played a great non-conference schedule?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Nope. I bore people to death with posts that make sense. Bama is in a good bowl for a 9-3 team (which, those are two things you'll never be able so say about your team) You just bore people.

Obviously not you respond to a lot of my post.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Obviously not you respond to a lot of my post.
lol...Now that was funny. Props to you, my friend:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol...Now that was funny. Props to you, my friend:biggrin:

:Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And if they play in any other conference in the game they would have had at least 5 victories in conference play.

Of the 6 major conferences the Big East is the only one they could get 5 W's in.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Which SEC team played a great non-conference schedule?

Alabama played Penn St. Tenn played Oregon. Florida played Florida St. Auburn and SC played Clemson. A few of the top of my head. Just legit D-1 teams. Not WKU and Akron.
Aslan Wrote:Alabama played Penn St. Tenn played Oregon. Florida played Florida St. Auburn and SC played Clemson. A few of the top of my head. Just legit D-1 teams. Not WKU and Akron.

Playing good legit D1 school is considered playing a great non conf schedule? Alabama played Duke, Ga Southern (1st year program),and San Jose St. Tenn had UAB, Memphis,and UT Martin. Does those look like great non conf schedules because their was one great team like Penn St and Oregon? I mean Auburn played Clemson which is having a down year but I believe I seen a Chattanooga and Arkansas St on their schedule doesn't look like a great one either.
MVP2 Wrote:Playing good legit D1 school is considered playing a great non conf schedule? Alabama played Duke, Ga Southern (1st year program). Tenn had UAB, Memphis,and UT Martin. Does those look like great non conf schedules because their was one great team like Penn St and Oregon? I mean Auburn played Clemson which is having a down year but I believe I seen a Chattanooga and Arkansas St on their schedule doesn't look like a great on either.

I'd just like to see UK play a respectful oppenent outside the SEC. Let's face it, they will never get respect in the SEC. They'll never be a threat to win the east. They could get some national respect by beating a good OOC team. UK is capable of beating some top 25 teams.
Aslan Wrote:I'd just like to see UK play a respectful oppenent outside the SEC. Let's face it, they will never get respect in the SEC. They'll never be a threat to win the east. They could get some national respect by beating a good OOC team. UK is capable of beating some top 25 teams.

Mitch Barnhart, please contact WVU AD Ollie Luck. I know CBS would love a home and home in basketball.
Aslan Wrote:I'd just like to see UK play a respectful oppenent outside the SEC. Let's face it, they will never get respect in the SEC. They'll never be a threat to win the east. They could get some national respect by beating a good OOC team. UK is capable of beating some top 25 teams.

Didnt loserville use to be good? Not our fault
Aslan Wrote:Alabama played Penn St. Tenn played Oregon. Florida played Florida St. Auburn and SC played Clemson. A few of the top of my head. Just legit D-1 teams. Not WKU and Akron.

I said great non-conference schedule not one game.

Tenn-Played, Tenn Martin, UAB, and Memphis

Auburn played, Ark state, Louis Monroe, Chattanooga.

South Car played, Southern Miss., Fruman, and Troy.

Florida played, miami (OH), South Florida, and App. State.