Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2011
An what exactly do u think is the positive you took away from the 61-7 (I think that was the score). The Cats have all the key players back except Rogers? I honestly think they coudve hung 100 on em! Russell doesn't have that go to star that there use to having for several yrs now. An I don't see any of the boys listed in this post that are game changers?? IMO
What about the 2 years before that? Guess those are flukes as well.. Call them what you will but they've got a Totally dominated By the TOMCATS for three years in a row looks like it may be 4...
I guess the 2 yrs before that were "freaks" as well?? Ashland has totally dominated those little Devils 3 yrs running! I don't see any reason that should change this year? But good luck those other 9 games!
Poor little kitty cat seems a bit upset.
I heard that Russell had a scrimmage cancelled. Is this true?

Which scrimmage remains for Russell?
Haha, upset I have nothing to be upset about? I just thought it was funny that someone would call anyone of those last 3 games between cats an devils a freak or fluke. I believe that Ashland left no room for speculation that they totally dominated them both sides of the ball. And I wouldn't expect anything different this year. Just the facts man.
MAROON&WHITE Wrote:Haha, upset I have nothing to be upset about? I just thought it was funny that someone would call anyone of those last 3 games between cats an devils a freak or fluke. I believe that Ashland left no room for speculation that they totally dominated them both sides of the ball. And I wouldn't expect anything different this year. Just the facts man.

Ashland is a 5-A powerhouse school with a great past. Russell is a 2-A playing up in 3-A this year. Ashland by all accounts should beat Russell most of the time. A 5-A school like Ashland should not even be talking about beating a 2-A school. Thats nothing to be proud of. Beat Ironton then Ashland will have accomplished something.

You are right although Ashland did beat Russell in every aspect of the game last year as they should.

Originally Posted by MAROON&WHITE
Haha, upset I have nothing to be upset about? I just thought it was funny that someone would call anyone of those last 3 games between cats an devils a freak or fluke. I believe that Ashland left no room for speculation that they totally dominated them both sides of the ball. And I wouldn't expect anything different this year. Just the facts man.

"JEEPMAN"
Ashland is a 5-A powerhouse school with a great past. Russell is a 2-A playing up in 3-A this year. Ashland by all accounts should beat Russell most of the time. A 5-A school like Ashland should not even be talking about beating a 2-A school. Thats nothing to be proud of. Beat Ironton then Ashland will have accomplished something.

You are right although Ashland did beat Russell in every aspect of the game last year as they should.
That is so freaking funny! Guess you guys have come full circle, few years ago you never heard talk about class size between Ashland an Russell? When it was a competitive game most every year, usually decided by less than 2 scores by either side! 2 years was the most won in a row by either team for 20yrs. I always looked forward to that game because of the competitiveness. But now seems like everybody's given up fans an players talking about playing up to bigger school ASHLAND! (even looked like it these past three yrs!). Here is a tissue for those big ole alligator tears!! BTW we are 4A. U r 3
MAROON&WHITE Wrote:*

"JEEPMAN"

That is so freaking funny! Guess you guys have come full circle, few years ago you never heard talk about class size between Ashland an Russell? When it was a competitive game most every year, usually decided by less than 2 scores by either side! 2 years was the most won in a row by either team for 20yrs. I always looked forward to that game because of the competitiveness. But now seems like everybody's given up fans an players talking about playing up to bigger school ASHLAND! (even looked like it these past three yrs!). Here is a tissue for those big ole alligator tears!! BTW we are 4A. U r 3

I was not trying to be funny. You were not here two years ago you just got on here this month. So how can you talk so much crap. You are a still weat behind the ears. Thanks for the info on Ashland being 4-A.
I think Russell needs to worry about being comoetitave with Raceland again before moving on to Ashland:devilflam
Jeepman Wrote:I was not trying to be funny. You were not here two years ago you just got on here this month. So how can you talk so much crap. You are a still weat behind the ears. Thanks for the info on Ashland being 4-A.

Oops. Allow me to, reintroduce myself i keep forgetting nobody knows the new screen name! I can't seem to get logged back on as my previous screen name an there's no way to contact anyone in the "contact us" section? So I had to create a new profile MAROON&WHITE AKA BADCAT74

But all I'm saying is I truly miss the devils of old... I like every team in the area to be as good as they can be. It just looks good on this part of the state. Especially rival games like Ashland/Russell
MAROON&WHITE Wrote:Oops. Allow me to, reintroduce myself i keep forgetting nobody knows the new screen name! I can't seem to get logged back on as my previous screen name an there's no way to contact anyone in the "contact us" section? So I had to create a new profile MAROON&WHITE AKA BADCAT74

But all I'm saying is I truly miss the devils of old... I like every team in the area to be as good as they can be. It just looks good on this part of the state. Especially rival games like Ashland/Russell

Now thats better. Fball can help you with your screen name. Send him a PM
MAROON&WHITE Wrote:*

"JEEPMAN"

When your down fans by nature will use any excuse they can to justify the losses. Russell's been down a few years. Ashland has been playing good ball. But to call them a powerhouse is a streach. Our little 1A school has beaten Russell 2 of the 3 years we have played. We have won the last two in a row.This 1A school a few years back also beat the mighty Tomcats three years in a row. Shouldn't Russell beat us most of the time. Guess I don't look at it the same as Jeepman. Anytime our team steps on the field we expect to win. Doesn't matter the class. Russell is a better team this year and the devils should give the cats a better fight. But lose the excuses. If the devils were winning 50% of the games the 2/3A vs 4/5 A wouldn't be in this thread. In time Russell will get wins vs. Ashland. Just not now. I just hope we can stay on the field with both teams this year! When we get beat by the cats or devils I don't try and look at it as we should lose every time because they are so much bigger. I just assume they were just a little better that year. Or just lucky. I love playing both schools because of just the chance of beating two of the better schools in our area. Good luck to the devils and cats this year.
Jeepman Wrote:Now thats better. Fball can help you with your screen name. Send him a PM

I know him too well. There is no help for him.

No excuses. Ashland has had the better team the last few years.

Raceland has won three of five against Russell not two of three.

As far as I'm concerned Russell should expect to beat the kitty cats and the ams every time they play.
MAROON&WHITE Wrote:An what exactly do u think is the positive you took away from the 61-7 (I think that was the score). The Cats have all the key players back except Rogers? I honestly think they coudve hung 100 on em! Russell doesn't have that go to star that there use to having for several yrs now. An I don't see any of the boys listed in this post that are game changers?? IMO

I think that Russell will have a player or two this year that will raise the bar and step-up as game changers for the Devils. My personal prediction is that Googie Hayes and Logan Dehoff carry the offensive side of the ball while Paul Spradlin and Justin Davidson should hold down the Devils mighty D.

Go Devils! :devilflam
OldRD32 Wrote:Stevens lost well over a second on his forty and has had some issues with the injury. It hasnt been tested and he seems a little timid about testing it (understandably). Plenty of talent to spread around though. Hearing Dehoff wants nothing to do with the QB position. As long as he plays like he did in the second half of last year then all will be well as far as Dehoff goes.

I don't think that the coaches are even considering Dehoff in the starting QB position. From what the coaches say they seem to like Hayes under center with Thompson and Dehoff in the backfield.
I think having Baily at the other end spot will make a big difference in the passing game this season. It should be a very versatile offense. Thompson and Huffine should provide some big play capability as well.
FBALL Wrote:I know him too well. There is no help for him.

No excuses. Ashland has had the better team the last few years.

Raceland has won three of five against Russell not two of three.

As far as I'm concerned Russell should expect to beat the kitty cats and the ams every time they play.

I would expect no less FBALL! now reset may password for badcat74. :biggrinTonguelease.
Does Russell scrimmage Friday at home?
Russell will be better this year. saw them at the raceland passing scrimmage. Googie throws a good ball. Devils were in the spread.
Does anyone know when and where the SV scrimmage is sat?
wise1 Wrote:Does anyone know when and where the SV scrimmage is sat?

Tuesday, August 16, 6pm-8pm at Cabell Midland High School.