Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2011
The Red Devils should come back strong in 2011. With most of the starters back and good depth I think they will be in the mix in 3A next season. The biggest questions to me will be QB and the defesive line.

They will be a top 10 team. If the kids put in the work in the off season they should be in the mix with Bell County, Breathitt County and Belfry in the Eastern Semi State.
FBALL Wrote:The Red Devils should come back strong in 2011. With most of the starters back and good depth I think they will be in the mix in 3A next season. The biggest questions to me will be QB and the defesive line.

They will be a top 10 team. If the kids put in the work in the off season they should be in the mix with Bell County, Breathitt County and Belfry in the Eastern Semi State.

Bell is in the west...
FBALL Wrote:The Red Devils should come back strong in 2011. With most of the starters back and good depth I think they will be in the mix in 3A next season. The biggest questions to me will be QB and the defesive line.

If Googie matures and can learn to lead, which I think he will, then you are right. There are just to many starters returning to not get the job done, plus the district will not be as strong as it was this year. Belfry will again be the team to beat in the region.
cuppett777 Wrote:Bell is in the west...
Thats even better.

Corbin - east or west?
Lucifer Wrote:If Googie matures and can learn to lead, which I think he will, then you are right. There are just to many starters returning to not get the job done, plus the district will not be as strong as it was this year. Belfry will again be the team to beat in the region.

I agree. If googie is not QB then who? Dehoff?
FBALL Wrote:Thats even better.

Corbin - east or west?

there with Bell in the west
FBALL Wrote:I agree. If googie is not QB then who? Dehoff?

Don't start that rotating QB, LOL, I think Ivan Is sold on Googie.
Lucifer Wrote:Don't start that rotating QB, LOL, I think Ivan Is sold on Googie.

Not trying to start it. But you have to have a back up plan just in case. I would think Dehoff would be the obvious choice.
FBALL Wrote:Not trying to start it. But you have to have a back up plan just in case. I would think Dehoff would be the obvious choice.

I would imagine Dehoff would be the logical choice for backup. Has Huffine ever taken snaps?
Lucifer Wrote:I would imagine Dehoff would be the logical choice for backup. Has Huffine ever taken snaps?

No, I believe Huffine has always been a RB. I really think Googie would be better in a slash role. Some snaps at QB, some at reciever and some at RB. Dehoff started at QB as a sophmore and I think it would give alot more options and different looks for opponents to look at by using both in different spots.
FBALL Wrote:No, I believe Huffine has always been a RB. I really think Googie would be better in a slash role. Some snaps at QB, some at reciever and some at RB. Dehoff started at QB as a sophmore and I think it would give alot more options and different looks for opponents to look at by using both in different spots.

I agree Dehoff really matured the second half of the season.
Lucifer Wrote:I agree Dehoff really matured the second half of the season.

Dehoff would be a perfect guard for Ivan
They need dehoff in the backfield.
Then they better hope Jacob Adkins can play guard
Loyal Devil Wrote:Then they better hope Jacob Adkins can play guard

He can and probably will. I do believe he started at gaurd in the playoff game at Belfry. There are a few others that could fit into the gaurd position.
Hayes looks like the frontrunner for the QB job. Dehoff and sophomore Cameron Sparks will be in the mix too. Don't know about the upcoming freshman, but it should be a talented Russell Football team
It looks like Hayes will be the front runner for QB. Dehoff and sophomore Cameron Sparks should be in the mix too. I'm not sure on the freshman coming in, but it looks like Russell will have a successful season:devilflam
Is there any truth to the rumor that Porter and Hunt from the basketball team will come out for football. Heard it from one of the assistants.
Aug 26, 11 Greenup County home 7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11 Ironton, OH away 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11 Ashland Blazer home 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Boyd County away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 West Carter away 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11 Fleming County home 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Mason County away 7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11 Lewis County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 East Carter home 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Raceland away 7:30 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=35187
I heard that Buford Hurley still has one year of eligibility and is the front runner for half back. Tiny has requested a black shirt exemption to also play out his senior year. He would have my vote for Hurley's fullback. Edwards doesn't have any eligibility left but he sure can eat those Cheese-Its!! The rest of the team had better hit the weights with Ironton on their schedule again - who drummed up Ironton again - probably the same kids they've had on their roster for the past 7 years. I don't think those kids ever graduate and they don't start their highschool careers until they are 18.
Strikeout King Wrote:Aug 26, 11 Greenup County home W 7:30 PM
Sep 2, 11 Ironton, OH away L 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 11 Ashland Blazer home L 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Boyd County away Toss UP L 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 West Carter away W 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 11 Fleming County home W 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 11 Mason County away L 7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11 Lewis County home W 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 East Carter home Dep on NC 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Raceland away L 7:30 PM

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=35187

Just my take on them.
No way do they lose to Boyd. I also think they beat Raceland and Mason.
False Hope Wrote:Just my take on them.

They will beat East regardless if they get a new coach or not.
I didn't catch what he said about the East game. Wooowwww.
8-2 or 7-3.

This will be a pretty good team. The next couple of years will be a struggle.
I'm having a hard time getting pumped up for this season. Seems I'm not the only one judging by the lack of responses to this thread.
I'm looking forward to watching the Devils this year. Just don't know much about them.
Based upon what I've read on this thread, I would think Russel should do very well this coming 2011 season, since they are returning a good many of last year's players.

Last season in the play-offs they knocked off a exceptional Pike Central team, and a pretty fair Sheldon Clark group. I saw the SC game, and was impressed with Russell's size and hard nosed play.
This year they will do well. It's after that that concerns me.
Well I'm back for another Russell football season. Can hardly wait for that first snap.

I would really like to see some athlets on the offensive line. I think that is the key this year. Speed Speed Speed open the holes.

Does anyone have an expected starting line up for both sides of the ball?