Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee 24 - Kentucky 14 (Football)
Stardust Wrote:All I have heard is that we are a Basketball school. Why not both????

:Thumbs:
Is there any term more laughable than "bowl eligible"? Bowl bids today are like social promotion or the competition where everyone gets a trophy regardless of their performance (or lack thereof).

Kentucky gets annual invitations to these toilet bowls only because they can bring a crowd loaded with credit cards. The bids certainly aren't based upon merit.

It is a travesty to mention these recent teams with the teams of 1949 (Orange Bowl), 1950 (Sugar Bowl), and 1951 (Cotton Bowl). Three trips to the Music City Bowl, one to the Peach Bowl, and another dubious bowl appearance this year are, to be nice, embarrassingly unimpressive.

At least a 6-6 record ( You better be thankful for the pitiful likes of Akron, Western Kentucky, Charleston Southern, and Vanderbilt) will prevent UK from a bid to play Trinity, Highlands, NCC, or Boyle County. That is probably good for the egos of those who for some reason are "impressed" by these toilet bowl appearances.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Amen!

Delusions of Grandeur, the story of Marshall football.:lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Congrats UK on blowing yet another game to a completely horrible Tennessee team.
Finally Mike Hartline has played his final regular season game at UK.

Does everyone finally agree with me now that we should have started Newton this year to get him experience for next year?

Good job UK at starting crappy Hartline (and yes i know he has played well at times, but he sucks and get over it those who love to look at stats, the only stat that matters is wins/losses.) Now we will have a wonderful time playing Valley state community college in the food mart value grocery bowl in mid December.

I honestly hope we dont go to a bowl. I know we will but I hope we miss the cut so that something will be said.
I honestly am a huge UK fan and root for the team even when were losing, but I cant say I agree with anything UK has done with the football program. Its never going to change either.

Our Defense is flat out awful. They plain out suck. Lets go get another long haired softy like Evans and build him up during the summer and watch him suck all year long. Trevathan is really the only hard worker and consistent player on D.
Worst part is it seemed like everytime I seen UT making a big catch it was Stocker and I heard Fugates name on several occasions. we got these fast guys on are team that flat out suck and couldnt keep up with them mountain boys lol.

Gooduck next year UK, hope you fire your coach since hes Rich Brooks Jr. and hope you make the right decision between Newton and Massokowski.

Everyone better hope Cobb comes back next year or were back to square one on offense.
Yep.
MVP2 Wrote:Remember you heard it 1st here. Newton wont be our starting QB, Ryan Mossakowski will be our starting QB.
Good possibility.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:On a second note today...We will not make a bowl now that LSU got beat...Mark my words this season is over friends...

I agree.
And how bout that Breathitt boy?Looked good in orange showing Joker he missed the boat on a good FB.
When I seen UK get the interception when it was tied up @ 14 I thought we was gonna jerk it out..

Guess not.
Fox Sports has Kentucky playing in the Birmingham Bowl against Syracuse.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball...-2010-2011

Scout.com has Kentucky playing in the Birmingham Bowl against Pittsburg

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557866.html

when is the Bowl Selection?
I have faith that sometime in my life I will see us top the Vols in football lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I have faith that sometime in my life I will see us top the Vols in football lol

We will, don't you worry.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:And how bout that Breathitt boy?Looked good in orange showing Joker he missed the boat on a good FB.

Fugate is going to be a good one. I laughed when I saw his solid orange suit, for the Vol walk. I'm sure Lloyd Christmas (Dumb and Dumber movie) would approve.

Lets not forget about Luke Stocker, as well. Another KY boy who had a solid game on Saturday.