Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 29 Breathitt Co. 26
RoShamBo Wrote:Honestly the play calling wasn't that great, I think even Coach Luc would admit to that. The middle of the field was ripe for the picking all night long and we kept trying to attack the edges for some reason. All of Somerset's big gains came on runs or passes up the middle of the field. Breathitt did defend the pass pretty good but the plays we were calling were making it easier for their gameplan.

Sounds like Breathitt was playing deep cover and trying to eliminate the big hitter. Sometimes when you do that, you leave yourself open to the short yardage stuff, or you use up so many people playing cover, the draws and straight ahead "delayed" runs are effective. In those situations, sometimes you are content to give them that in hopes you can make up for it in interceptions and coverage sacks.
Againstme! Wrote:this was a good game....breathitt played well...Somerset is overrated we shall fight back next year Bobcats....but i have to say that was the closest 50 point blow out i have ever seen...i thought Somerset was going to have this high powered O and was shocked to watch the turnovers fly...everybody was saying breathitts secondary was weak...they didnt look weak to me with the 5 picks i counted, and the 2 FF...Breathitt had a lot of turnover on downs when they were in field goal range...if breathitt had a kicker that game wouldve went into OT with a 28 tie. which wouldve made this game so much better...and just one O mistake by breathitt caused them the game...i loved watching this game...even though fights couldve broke out anytime due to the fans...i'm glad the Breathitt Co. fan base held it together even after somerset running their mouths...way to be good sports.....Next year we will be ready....GO BOBCATS

So how good does that make Breathitt that they got beat at home after getting seven turnovers against such an overrated team?
RoShamBo Wrote:So how good does that make Breathitt that they got beat at home after getting seven turnovers against such an overrated team?

Calm down, bro
This will be my last post on this thread....
Somerset's schedule was made two years ago by a coach that is no longer here. District was weak this year...out of district played Danville, Russell Co., Southwestern, Estill and Lynn Camp (the back half of a two year bowl deal where we played Knox at Knox last year). The first 3 all won playoff games this year and Danville is still playing.

Somerset didn't rank themselves, every ranking that has ranked the Jumpers this year has been a news organization or a computer rating. They began the season ranked around 9th and slowly moved up.

Yeah Belfry probably would have a similar record against our schedule this year, they are a class program and play football the right way.

Somerset over came a LOT in this game and we are happy to leave Bobcat country with a win.

Breathitt played a very good game, really makes me wonder how they lost 4 games and nearly lost to Campbellsville. They are fast and strong and return a ton of talent next year, I wish them the best next year.

Breathitt fans were great, (I will not lump all into one pile based on the actions of a very very few), it was a great atmosphere for a high school football game.

Good Luck Bobcats and Good Night
RoShamBo Wrote:Somerset beat a team that is in the 2A semifinals by 3+ touchdowns, and a team that nearly beat Breathitt by 5 touchdowns. Maybe their schedule just doesn't look as good because all of the teams on it had to play Somerset. It's not really like there are a hundred teams that Somerset can play in the Lake Cumberland area, honestly it's probably one of if not the weakest area talent wise in the state. I mean you've got PC, SW, and Somerset but after that your next closest competitive team would be I guess Whitley Co. Next year will be better because our district is tougher, but honestly unless Somerset moves a hundred miles West, East, or North, I don't see the non-district getting that much more interesting.

I know this is a different topic and needs to be discussed in another thread but that is why somerset should play PC and SW every year.

Good Luck next week Jumpers, Good luck next year Breathitt. It sounds like you all will be a team to be rekoned with for the next couple of years.
Somerset can move WEST on the Cumberland PRK and can find several good teams to play. Glasgow, Green Co, and Marion Co. are a few. But it's very, very difficult to get a schudule in the days of 6 classes. At Green Co. we have neigboring Counties, that we play in every other sport, such as Hart Co. Caverna, Taylor Co that will not play us. Then we got other teams in our basketball and baseball region that doesn't play us as well. So it's not all on somerset when looking at their schudule the other team has to sign the contract as well
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Somerset can move WEST on the Cumberland PRK and can find several good teams to play. Glasgow, Green Co, and Marion Co. are a few. But it's very, very difficult to get a schudule in the days of 6 classes. At Green Co. we have neigboring Counties, that we play in every other sport, such as Hart Co. Caverna, Taylor Co that will not play us. Then we got other teams in our basketball and baseball region that doesn't play us as well. So it's not all on somerset when looking at their schudule the other team has to sign the contract as well

That has been the problem. From what I understand Somerset has tried to schedule Green and Glasgow and I don't think they could get anything worked out that fit the available dates. The Briar Jumpers have been having a hard time filling their 2011 schedule so far. A lot of teams don't want to play and the ones that do don't always fit in the available slots. It doens't help that 2 teams that were going to be part of the non-district schedule, Danville and LCA, ended up being placed in the Briar Jumper's district.