Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 29 Breathitt Co. 26
I predicted this, I knew the Jumpers would win but I knew it wouldnt be easy to go in and beat the Bobcats in Jackson. I predicted it to be a very close game.

Congrats Somerset.
congrats somerset
Congrats to Somerset
Sounds like it was an exciting game!:rockon:
Somerset overcame a 26-14 deficit to down the Bobcats. Congrats to the Jumpers on their second Region title in-a-row.
Great effort by an over matched Breathitt squad. Congratulations go out to the Briar Jumpers, Good luck in Belfry.
The Breathitt team caused 7 turnovers and converted on very few if any, that is what cost them. An INT for a TD is what put the Briar Jumpers over the top.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

congrats to Somerset in the big comeback
Congrats to the Briarjumpers. You needed a test like this and it shows what kind of heart you have to come from behind in a hostile environment like you played in tonight.

But my hats off to Breathitt. Its a shame someone had to lose this game. Keep your heads up, you might have lost the game, but you are winners in my book for the fight you brought tonight.
Wow what a close game! Breathitt should have alot to look forward to next year. Very good show of heart from Somerset. Coming out on top after so many turn overs is almost unheard of this deep in the playoffs.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Congrats to the Briarjumpers. You needed a test like this and it shows what kind of heart you have to come from behind in a hostile environment like you played in tonight.

But my hats off to Breathitt. Its a shame someone had to lose this game. Keep your heads up, you might have lost the game, but you are winners in my book for the fight you brought tonight.

:Thumbs:

Hilbily Wrote:Wow what a close game! Breathitt should have alot to look forward to next year. Very good show of heart from Somerset. Coming out on top after so many turn overs is almost unheard of this deep in the playoffs.

The Bobcats start 7 10th graders and will be very good next season. But we as Bobcat fans realize that another Bobcat team enters 3A and that will make things tough.

Bull, thank god they are going to be in the west.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Bobcats start 7 10th graders and will be very good next season. But we as Bobcat fans realize that another Bobcat team enters 3A and that will make things tough.

The youth of Breathitt and Russell, added with the emergence of Somerset and Sheldon Clark, along with the extremely young Belfry team would make 3A downright scary for competitiveness. The addition of Bell, Corbin, and Lawrence County just makes it flat out stupifying in terms of competition.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The youth of Breathitt and Russell, added with the emergence of Somerset and Sheldon Clark, along with the extremely young Belfry team would make 3A downright scary for competitiveness. The addition of Bell, Corbin, and Lawrence County just makes it flat out stupifying in terms of competition.

3A has gone from a C- to an A in regards to quality. Larue County is not a bad team either. Should be interesting.

C.Clair Wrote:Bull, thank god they are going to be in the west.

I did not know that, but I agree.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:3A has gone from a C- to an A in regards to quality. Larue County is not a bad team either. Should be interesting.

yes it has
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I did not know that, but I agree.

yea there in the west with Central and Tilman
A lot closer than what I expected... congrats Jumpers!

Great season Bobcats!
First off congrats to the Bobcats you guys came in much more fired up than we were and had a good offensive gameplan. You should be proud of how you played tonight. Also, congrats to the Jumpers on a good come from behind win. Way to fight back after all of the turnovers and tough calls from the refs to get the win.

That said, not very good by the Jumpers in this one. Six turnovers if I remember correctly, could have been more. Before tonight I felt very good about our chances at state, now I'm not very sure about our chances next week. This team better do some soul searching and decide just how far they want to go this year because they will be done next week if they come out flat like they did tonight.
I was very surprised to hear this score but I am glad to hear that the Briar Jumpers were able to overcome adversity and win the game! Congrats Somerset!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Whew....Congrats to the Jumpers. We may not have deserved to win tonight but we did. Breathitt was fast, strong and well coached. Somerset turned the ball over 83 times, well it seemed like 83 times. Breathitt team played a very good game tonight, pick for Somerset's go ahead touchdown was one of their few mistakes on the night.

Blocked extra points on early Bobcat TDs ended up being the difference in the game. Missed PAT kick and then they went for two the next time and failed to get it. That put them at 26 at halftime and allowed Somerset to take a 27-26 lead at the 5:05 mark and instead of kicking to toe the game Somerset went for 2 and the 3 point lead.

Congrats to Senior Derrick "D-Train" Jackson....big game tonight rushing TD and the game winning INT for go ahead TD.

48 more minutes......
Breathitt played a great game. Somerset overcame 6 turnovers to in at a very tough place to win. Somerset's defense played their hearts out in the 2nd half and shut the Bobcats out after halftime. Special teams were the difference in this one. A blocked extrapoint by Somerset and 2 booming punts by Alex Lange were key for the Briar Jumpers. It wasn't pretty but all that matters at this point of the season is moving on.
Somerset 7 7 7 8 29

Breathitt Co. 13 13 0 0 26

Scoring summary:
S--Tevin Slaughter 6 run (Colby Hall kick); BC--Josh Fletcher 71 pass from Richard Trent (Devon Rice kick); BC--Trent 13 run (kick failed); BC--Will Collins 38 run (run failed); S--Derrick Jackson 25 run (Hall kick); BC--Collins 2 run (Rice kick); S--Corey Jones 24 pass from Erik Manning (Hall kick); S--Jackson 22 interception return (Slaughter run).
Records: Somerset 13-0, Breathitt Co. 8-5.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z15nvdMYa7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The youth of Breathitt and Russell, added with the emergence of Somerset and Sheldon Clark, along with the extremely young Belfry team would make 3A downright scary for competitiveness. The addition of Bell, Corbin, and Lawrence County just makes it flat out stupifying in terms of competition.

Somerset is getting pushed back to 2A, their actual size next year.

That said 3A will be awesome next 4 years.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Bobcats start 7 10th graders and will be very good next season. But we as Bobcat fans realize that another Bobcat team enters 3A and that will make things tough.

We also start at least 2 freshman. We will only lose 4 players who played a snap tonight and 3 of them are lineman. All our skill position players are coming back.
Congratulations Somerset! Great comeback win. Also kudos to Breathitt, for it seems that you gave it your all, but as always, someone wins, and someone loses. It's tough, I know. I watched my team lose in the second round by 3, also.

As was mentioned by previous posters, 3A will be awesome next season, very competitive. But the huge question I have is, can anyone beat Bell County in 3A? Well, next year will provide the answer.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Great effort by an over matched Breathitt squad. Congratulations go out to the Briar Jumpers, Good luck in Belfry.
The Breathitt team caused 7 turnovers and converted on very few if any, that is what cost them. An INT for a TD is what put the Briar Jumpers over the top.

With all the turnovers, it sounds like it was all most a repeat of last years title game for the Briar Jumpers.
Sounds like little has changed. Just one more game ...
Closer than expected...Tough win and Congrats to Somerset...Good season BC!
Tica Wrote:Sounds like little has changed. Just one more game ...

They didn't fold up and quit like last year in the finals. I would say that has changed. They played a terrible game last night, but they showed some real character at the end of the game and came away with the win. And the only game I am concerned about right now is the next one because Somerset has a lot of improving to do if they are going to beat Belfry at CAM.