Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steriod Testing for the State Playoffs?
Hatz Wrote:$70 a test is not expensive????

Now multiply it by just the starters lets say. 22 per team. Let's cut it even further. Let's say it's 10 per team that you randomly test. That's $700 per team. 32 teams X 6 Classes = 192 Teams.

Now 192 Teams X $700 is $134,400 spent on Steroid Testing.

"But only test the teams that appear to be steroid built?" How can you tell?

And at what point do we test?

Right before the playoffs? There are 5 weeks of playoffs. What if you start juicing after the test and reach week 3,4 or 5?

So do we test after the playoffs too?

The cost, logistics and rules for High Schools to do this is not inexpensive just because one testing kit found online is $70. And where does the $70 come from? School Budgets that already don't give teacher's raises or cut positions because they can't afford them? Boosters who can't raise extra income in this economy? :please:
5 bucks a head to get in a game. Thousands of attendees. Find the money to make the game have integrity. Otherwise, the game is dominated by cheaters.

And for those that are good - scholarships are on the line. So let them juice it up, get the money for college, then go off in time to pass the tests there where applicable? Hardly.
its worth 2 threads as each asks seperate questions. and NO - I don't thinks the steriod epedemic is limited to the Mountain area. It is widespread all over the state and our nation. The question is not where is it; rather, are there any places where it is not?

Its a black and white issue. Either accept it and deal with the reality that the users of these illegal drugs will have an unfair advantage and help teams win games they should not - OR find a way to get rid the students who choose to cheat. Testing is likely the only hope of that. We spend thousands on equipping kids with helmets to prevent concussions. Lets spend something to keep roid freaks from causing them.

Yeah, I'm really down on punk kids who put their juiced up bodies on Facebook and brag to their buddies about using only to have school officials turn a blind eye... Given time and no testing - the game will have no integrity. And it will be dominated by only those who cheat.
Football1 Wrote:I bring this up every year for a simple reason. Kids in the mountains are using this junk to get an unfair advantage. And what is really painful - they flaunt it. They brag to their buddies (who tell me about it). They post their flex pictures on Facebook. They gain 50 lbs on their bench in a matter of weeks and the coach lets it go.

And then you have the kids who refuse to cheat. They work their butts off every day only to see the jerks who cheat get bigger and faster than they are. In the long run the clean athletes always win where it counts as they have not sacrificed their integrity for an ill-gotten adavantage.

Still - something MUST be done. Cheaters suck and they deserve to be called out and their teams disqualified from winning titles and the players from being named for awards. This will only happen when All-State and All-Region candidates are tested for steriods. If you are going to give a kid an award (over every other kid) that will help him win a $100K scholarship should he not be willing to prove he is not a CHEATER?

I detest the way parents, coaches, and officials have turned a blind eye to this epedemic. Are there others who feel the same way or is this just "the way it is?"

You are right-they are cheaters, they should be tested and the KHSAA should wake up and do something about it. It's a joke to say nothing can be done. The heat should be put on schools to stop it. Anyone with half a brain would be able to tell who should be tested.
I have read this entire thread and am blown away. Any school found to have any players using steroids should not play football the next year. Make the penalty soo severe as to make the coaches self police. Don't use the programs much needed funding to test.
How about a sworn statement from each coach and player saying they have not used them in the last 12 months?
Football1 Wrote:How about a sworn statement from each coach and player saying they have not used them in the last 12 months?

How about they test all the playoff team's backfields.....
Nothing will be done about it its a lost cause to keep going on with it
It costs a lot of money to test someone for steroids. A regular drug test will not detect steroids. I don't think it's a good idea to test.
I roided up today!

but they were prescribed by my Dr.

plus I don't play, I just cheer and paint he field.
This is way more common then what people think. I've seen it with my own eyes.
You paint the hay field and cheer...... Wow hope you were drinking, or that might be typical somerset people...lol
Im glad to hear some one else say it! I think they should test week before practice begins then at week 5 of the season then random if they think somebody has figured out how to cycle on and off.....Then before playoffs begin.