Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
57.14%
Pike Co. Central
42.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central @ Prestonsburg 10/29
Matchups, matchups, matchups...

I agree with oneijoe in that this game will benefit BOTH teams tremendously going into the playoffs. Both teams are likely to face a passing team at some point in the playoffs, and this is a very good preamble to that game.

Offensively, these teams are very nearly mirror images of each other. Both like to throw the ball all over the place, and both are very effective at it. Defensively is where the matchups will come to bear. I think the game will come down to how well PCC's defense can match up with Pburg's offense and defend the pass. If they can pressure Crisp, it could be a long night for the Blackcats. If not, it could be a long night for PCC. I have only seen PCC play one time this year, against Phelps in the Pike County Bowl, but they appear big and bruising on the defensive front. That is great against a team that likes to pound the ball, but not quite so good against a team that can pass effectively. Interesting matchup there...

Prestonsburg defensively may match up a little better with PCC's offensive, due to the overall team speed and quickness. However, against Matewan (the only team that has really thrown the ball against us all year), our pass defense was very suspect. Of course we had some players out (oh no...not THAT again), and some players playing different positions to compensate. Now that we are healthy again, I would expect our pass defense to be much, much better. If the Blackcats can pressure Boggs and force him into some mistakes, then the Blackcats cruise.

Senior night at Josh Francis Stadium...home field advantage for the Blackcats...all adds up to, IMO, a good game but a Blackcat victory.

Good luck to both teams, and here's hoping for an injury free game for both teams heading into the playoffs.
I like Pburg by 8-10 in a fairly high scoring game.

I'll say somehwere in the neighborhood of 36-28.
bearcats win. maybe im wrong but ive been in these threads all year and when two teams have met like these "schedule" comes up. and most of the time it seem the team with the tougher schedule comes out victorious. PCC has looked very good this year against the teams theyve played. but P-burg wins this one.
seen both teams play and i really think p burg is the better team but not by much.. if both teams play there best i see p burg winning this game 34-30
P-Burg by 3 td's
Like someone said earlier PCC hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record. Considering the history of the series, I'll take Pburg but 2-3 TD's
Has anyone talked to the coaches in this one? I see alot of fresh uniforms on both sides of the ball in the second half. With playoffs secured for both teams there's not alot of need in getting any of the starters hurt. If that's the case, who knows! Maybe P-Burg's reserves have a slight edge.
Speedshot Wrote:Has anyone talked to the coaches in this one? I see alot of fresh uniforms on both sides of the ball in the second half. With playoffs secured for both teams there's not alot of need in getting any of the starters hurt. If that's the case, who knows! Maybe P-Burg's reserves have a slight edge.

We were undefeated last season when we played them and kept the starters in the entire game.

I doubt either coach will sit their starters.
Game is receiving a lot of "hype" before the kickoff and hopefully the game will be just as exciting.
Blackcats win one Senior Night!!!!

Prestonsburg - 28

Pike Co. Central - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Pburg
does anyone know if cory shouse will play this week??
theCalipariEra Wrote:does anyone know if cory shouse will play this week??

I'm not sure...

He's missed the last 2 games with a flu bug I believe.

I hope so...the kid's great.
PCC is good but they havnt really beat top notch teams, except sheldon clark...belfry and sheldon clark gave pcc THEIR BEST GAMES, AND PRESTONSBURG KILLED BOTH OF THEM.

idk who will win but it seems prestonsburg has the momentum and mental edge over the hawks+home field+senior night= hawks gettin a good game.
runningbeck81 Wrote:PCC is good but they havnt really beat top notch teams, except sheldon clark...belfry and sheldon clark gave pcc THEIR BEST GAMES, AND PRESTONSBURG KILLED BOTH OF THEM.

idk who will win but it seems prestonsburg has the momentum and mental edge over the hawks+home field+senior night= hawks gettin a good game.

Whoever establishes the momentum early will probably get the win. One thing for sure, we will see the ball in the air many times Friday night.
Recznik Wrote:Cards over Blackcats.....:Thumbs:

OH SH!!! sorry but the HAWKS will win this one...BOGGS baby...:rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
The Contrarian Wrote:Whoever establishes the momentum early will probably get the win. One thing for sure, we will see the ball in the air many times Friday night.

may take couple hrs to play with all the passing,lol
Good luck pc!!!! I think this will be a really close game. But i look for pc to pull out with the victory. Defense will have to be at the top of their game all night.