Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. 28 East Jessamine 13
Good win for the Rebels.
64black&gold Wrote:Great game by EJ. Very big and very physical. I don't have a problem with the fake punt, one of those calls that your called a genius if it works. I do question why they tried the option anyway. They were doing well up the middle. Why pitch the ball that deep in your own territory. #1 was awesome.

Why pitch the ball that deep, very good question. I was wondering the same thing. But I do think they did a pretty good job coaching this game, considering who was coaching across the field from them.
I wonder what the thought pattern of the EJ staff was, why would you allow your kids to beat on the opposing teams goal post with a sledge hammer. I wonder if the sledge hammer made it to the Boyle locker room, if so, it could be real fuel for the fire, if both teams meet in the playoffs. There very well may be an invoice in the mail to EJ for repairs or maybe a court summons.
French For President Wrote:I wonder what the thought pattern of the EJ staff was, why would you allow your kids to beat on the opposing teams goal post with a sledge hammer. I wonder if the sledge hammer made it to the Boyle locker room, if so, it could be real fuel for the fire, if both teams meet in the playoffs. There very well may be an invoice in the mail to EJ for repairs or maybe a court summons.

Sorry about your goal post. It is something they have been doing this season . I assummed they were getting permission when they were on the road. They should ask the other coaches when they are visiting if they care.
joejoe Wrote:Sorry about your goal post. It is something they have been doing this season . I assummed they were getting permission when they were on the road. They should ask the other coaches when they are visiting if they care.

Care? We just got a brand new field and you want to ask if we care that you beat on our goal posts with a sledge hammer? That was nothing but a simple lack of class. You don't come to our field and show disrespect like that, just like we wouldn't come to yours and do the same. And us Boyle fans get called "classless".....smh
From what i heard....Yes, it made it's way to the locker room. Someone came and asked for it back after the game and were told to tell their principal to come pick it up Monday morning. He may wanna bring some duct tape, cause I think it got destroyed...
And before you react joejoe, I was not calling you 'classless'. I simply meant the act was classless....
J.L., who ever said I was a Danville fan? I do not follow Danville and I think I have only posted once in a Danville forum...
Sounds like a good game, congrats to Boyle.
True. EJ deserved the accolades it has received from the Boyle Co side. Can't wait for a rematch. Good luck.
SportzAnimal Wrote:From what i heard....Yes, it made it's way to the locker room. Someone came and asked for it back after the game and were told to tell their principal to come pick it up Monday morning. He may wanna bring some duct tape, cause I think it got destroyed...

I guess Boyle County will be receiving a bill from East Jessamine maybe a summons for the cost of the hammer. I think it cost like $8,000. East made a mistake by banging on the Boyle aluminum goal posts, sounds like they got dented. Then Boyle steals the hammer off the sideline takes it. Then breaks it? Sounds like a even trade, I think that hammer was gold plated and titanium with diamonds in it.
How is Chris Cooks ankle? Why did Boyle not take a knee at the end of the game?
TheLegends64 Wrote:How is Chris Cooks ankle? Why did Boyle not take a knee at the end of the game?

We did. We took two knees I thought. He got hurt on defense if I am not mistaken.
PurplePride92 Wrote:We did. We took two knees I thought. He got hurt on defense if I am not mistaken.

He got hurt after Boyle got a first down with 1 minute left to go. He got hurt Boyle took a TO and took 2 knees after that. I bet they wish they would have took 3 knees. That is one of the messed up things about football. The kid plays the whole game and is fine. Then on a play Boyle could have taken a knee to end the game he gets hurt. Is he going to play this week against Christian Co.?
TheLegends64 Wrote:He got hurt after Boyle got a first down with 1 minute left to go. He got hurt Boyle took a TO and took 2 knees after that. I bet they wish they would have took 3 knees. That is one of the messed up things about football. The kid plays the whole game and is fine. Then on a play Boyle could have taken a knee to end the game he gets hurt. Is he going to play this week against Christian Co.?

Actually, Cook started limping around with about 8 minutes left in the game but he isn't going to willing come out of the game. That's just how he is. Once his ankle couldn't take it anymore he had to be carried off. He was already dinged up. I promise you that. When they carried him off I wasn't surprised at all. If he is alive he wants to be out there. If I had to guess he'll try to play on Friday but I expect him to be limited and for Cox to shoulder most of the carries....but we shall see.