Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 22 Belfry 6
Looks like there is no clear cut favorite in the mountains in 3A this year.I believe Somerset will be the favorite from the East though.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Big night for BGR's own A-Ray..he had the long TD run to seal it and had several other nice runs and kick returns.

Pirates moved the ball at will early and stonewalled the Cards, SC made adjustments and took complete control of the game following a stand on a Belfry drive to their 10 yard line. From that point it was all Cards as they stifle Belfry's run game and keep Belfry consistently in 2nd and 3rd and Long.

I was with you about the turnover to be the deciding factor. That didn't really happen but SC dropped alot of interceptions last night. That could have been the difference. That was the best pass defense they have played all year. SC was army tackling in the first quarter but it got better as they got warm. It was a heated, hard hitting, spit in your face kind of game. One of the best I have seen this season. I can't remember if it was Aray or KP that broke free for a long run but you could just see all the air come out of Belfry; players and fans. Hager finally opened his play book and ran their offense tonight. I guess it payed off going so conservative against other teams.
Congrats sc
Huge win for SC. Can't wait to see the Pike Central matchup now.
I picked Sheldon Clark in the weekly Pick'em 26-20 but I think at that time I was hoping that SC would just hang in there and play a good game.

In the second half Sheldon Clark was into their A game; they played extremely well. It was definitely a team effort, and the play calling was very good.

There were so many players that played well that I won't try to mention them lest I miss some. But I do want to mention one thing that I think a lot of fans miss, and that is the blocking of KP Skyles, not only does he shine when he is carrying the ball, but he is an exceptional blocker for the other backs.

Well, next Friday night it's Pike Central and that should be a great game, so I hope to see you there.
The Contrarian Wrote:I picked Sheldon Clark in the weekly Pick'em 26-20 but I think at that time I was hoping that SC would just hang in there and play a good game.

In the second half Sheldon Clark was into their A game; they played extremely well. It was definitely a team effort, and the play calling was very good.

There were so many players that played well that I won't try to mention them lest I miss some. But I do want to mention one thing that I think a lot of fans miss, and that is the blocking of KP Skyles, not only does he shine when he is carrying the ball, but he is an exceptional blocker for the other backs.

Well, next Friday night it's Pike Central and that should be a great game, so I hope to see you there.

Yes he does! This guy #1 from the Cards.. LOVE IT haha
Big win for the Cards last night, everything was just clicking for SC and they went out and did what they had to do. Everyone played great last night.
Was a very good game with high tension throughout! Belfry in the beginning acted like they might run away with the game but then SC's defense stepped up and it was all SC for the remainder of the game! Congrats Cards!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
congrats to the cards.
Talked with some folks who were in attendance. The Cards gave up only one play for more tha five yards on the outside. Great D. The one question they had was why Belfry never came witn a reverse or a counter to slow Sheldon Clark's pursuit. Evidently 8 Cards were hitting the Belfry ball carrier every play.
Congrads SC, but I hope they stop picking your games for the Pick'em contest. I pick you guys to win and you lose, I pick you to lose and you win. Good Luck next week.
oldtimer3 Wrote:Look again, i believe it might SC.

No, I said what I meant. A previous post asked what happens if PCC beats SC and Belfry wins next week (making a 3-way tie).

Assuming that, PCC could then add substantial tiebreaker points in their final game vs. P-burg. It could matter in the figuring.
Matman Wrote:...

Hager finally opened his play book and ran their offense tonight. I guess it payed off going so conservative against other teams.

???

It was actually pretty simple. Belfry's defensive front was split wide and got outmuscled at the point of attack inside the ends. Belfry didn't modify its defense, so Coach H. was sharp enough to not change what worked.

Sheldon Clark did nothing fancy. It wasn't needed.
oneijoe Wrote:No, I said what I meant. A previous post asked what happens if PCC beats SC and Belfry wins next week (making a 3-way tie).

Assuming that, PCC could then add substantial tiebreaker points in their final game vs. P-burg. It could matter in the figuring.

PCC only has a 9 game schedule as opposed to SC and Belfry playing a 10 game schedule...... wouldn't that kinda hurt when figuring IF they don't score much next week or the week after? Lord, this is gonna be a long drawn out process! Well, at least it's gonna feel like it for the next 2 weeks!! LOL

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
oneijoe Wrote:???

It was actually pretty simple. Belfry's defensive front was split wide and got outmuscled at the point of attack inside the ends. Belfry didn't modify its defense, so Coach H. was sharp enough to not change what worked.

Headsets were scrambled/wouldn't work...... None (including Coach Haywoods) worked. Belfry had to send signals from up top to Coach and there was no other communication.... Rough night for the Pirates!!!

phs1986 Wrote:Headsets were scrambled/wouldn't work...... None (including Coach Haywoods) worked. Belfry had to send signals from up top to Coach and there was no other communication.... Rough night for the Pirates!!!

Interesting... though it would have made no difference in the outcome with the way SC played defense after the break.
oneijoe Wrote:Interesting... though it would have made no difference in the outcome with the way SC played defense after the break.

I'll give ya that... SC came out with their heads on right. They had a gameplan and stuck to it!

phs1986 Wrote:PCC only has a 9 game schedule as opposed to SC and Belfry playing a 10 game schedule...... wouldn't that kinda hurt when figuring IF they don't score much next week or the week after? Lord, this is gonna be a long drawn out process! Well, at least it's gonna feel like it for the next 2 weeks!! LOL

No, the 9 game schedule shouldn't hurt PCC. It isn't opponents records in all games. I think it begins with the first 4 or 5 opponent records (over whom PCC has wins).
great win for the cards.. the d line of sc controlled the line of srimmage after the first quarter. A-ray and kp both ran hard as well as bj jarrell from the wildcat.

coach hager called a great game and made great second half adjustments to stop the fullback. which was hurting them in the first half. great game to watch. fans of both teams were loud and excited. wonderful friday night
CONGRATS TO THE CARDS,I know I picked BELFRY but great job on DEFENSE.
BELFRY WHAT HAPPEN DIDN'T LOOK LIKE U WASN'T THAT IN TO IT.The defense look like something was missing.:ChairHit:
Good win for SC.. they played great on both sides of the ball.. avery and kp ran real hard and the jarrell kid looked great at the qb spot.. i think teams will have trouble stopping that in the future just like belfry did.. Belfry ran the same plays over and over.. didnt make much since to me..
congrats cardinals.... now its time for our pirates to get your heads on straight and finish the season the way we all know you canTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
oneijoe Wrote:???

Did you not notice that SC ran plays against Belfry that they had not ran all season. Or as least hadn't ran much during the season. They also changed a few numbers around to add the the deception. So he did change quite a bit. They saw Belfry lining up in 3s all night so they had their tackles widen out their splits. That is just typical line spacing. But SC hit the outside quite a few times and ran some reverses as well.
Great job by the Cardinals defense in the second half! I believe belfry had no first downs and only 5 yards of total offense in the second half. Thats very impressive!!!
Matman Wrote:Did you not notice that SC ran plays against Belfry that they had not ran all season. Or as least hadn't ran much during the season. They also changed a few numbers around to add the the deception. So he did change quite a bit. They saw Belfry lining up in 3s all night so they had their tackles widen out their splits. That is just typical line spacing. But SC hit the outside quite a few times and ran some reverses as well.

Really the only number change was avery and that's because his jersey got tore off
Matman Wrote:Did you not notice that SC ran plays against Belfry that they had not ran all season. Or as least hadn't ran much during the season. They also changed a few numbers around to add the the deception. So he did change quite a bit. They saw Belfry lining up in 3s all night so they had their tackles widen out their splits. That is just typical line spacing. But SC hit the outside quite a few times and ran some reverses as well.

It was a 5-2 Belfry was playing, but the ends were split wider and back a bit (probably to keep the QB from rolling out). The inside gives right where the DE usually is set up the outside nicely once the ends began pinching in on the snap.

I haven't seen SC enough to say whether they ran new or almost new plays (only seen them twice). But it doesn't really matter. Once that option series was found to work vs. Belfry's front, the Cards did a good job pounding it over and over.
belfry had way over 5 yards after the half .why some people get on here and try to quote stats that they know nothing about. friday night sheldon clark was the better team. notice what i said this past friday they were the better team but after watching the game i think the pirates have the better team over all . sheldon clarks backfield was held in check most of the game. till second half all they had going on offense was the kick returns for big gaines' i would not hold the region trophy up just yet. sometimes things are not what they seem.:dontthink
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:belfry had way over 5 yards after the half .why some people get on here and try to quote stats that they know nothing about. friday night sheldon clark was the better team. notice what i said this past friday they were the better team but after watching the game i think the pirates have the better team over all . sheldon clarks backfield was held in check most of the game. till second half all they had going on offense was the kick returns for big gaines' i would not hold the region trophy up just yet. sometimes things are not what they seem.:dontthink

I guess you watched a different game than I did. Sc rolled all over Belfry. The kick returns were in the first half. One was the opening kickoff and the second was the first time Belfry went three and out and had to punt. Maybe I was watching through my MC goggles.
It would go by the scores of the district games.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:It would go by the scores of the district games.

No...that's the old system. Check out EKUAlum05's thread...