Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 22 Belfry 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from Inez
Hats off to SC...they were very impressive and dominated Belfry for the last 3 Quarters!
Big night for BGR's own A-Ray..he had the long TD run to seal it and had several other nice runs and kick returns.

Pirates moved the ball at will early and stonewalled the Cards, SC made adjustments and took complete control of the game following a stand on a Belfry drive to their 10 yard line. From that point it was all Cards as they stifle Belfry's run game and keep Belfry consistently in 2nd and 3rd and Long.
Way to go Cards...You have proven with this game that you are better than your record reflects.
congrats sheldon clark my Hawks will have thier hands full next week at bucklys creek
Congrats Cards! Very big win.
Good Win Cardinals!!
Congrats to Sheldon Clark!
way to go cards,great job coach with the adjustments.keep your head in the game cards pc is next week. good luck cards.BRINGING THE PAIN TO PC
I really like Belfry but I love this score...
Belfry fans way out of control, this will bring them back to earth...
Good job SC.

I've said it all season, SC will dominate Central and blow them out.
congrats cardinals...great win.
Congratulations Cardinals! :Cheerlead I knew you could do it.
simply put, coach haywood couldn't make the necessary adjustments needed to stop the run up the middle. skyles had a phenomenal game running up the gut and cutting whichever way he felt like.
Cards played real well after first quarter. I was really impressed with Avery Ray and Chase Lafferty played a great game. The kids really came together after the first Qtr and played well together. The defense came up big. Get ready for next week and bring home a w. GO CARDS!
Great win for the Cards, just goes to show that a tough out of district schedule pays off!
So how does this district shake out? If SC were to lose to PC next week and Belfry beats E. Ridge then all teams would be 2-1 in district. Wouldn't it end up:

SC #1

Belfry #2

PCC #3

E. Ridge #4
Belfry_99 Wrote:So how does this district shake out? If SC were to lose to PC next week and Belfry beats E. Ridge then all teams would be 2-1 in district. Wouldn't it end up:

SC #1

Belfry #2

PCC #3

E. Ridge #4

Don't they still flip a coin?
Varney3 Wrote:simply put, coach haywood couldn't make the necessary adjustments needed to stop the run up the middle. skyles had a phenomenal game running up the gut and cutting whichever way he felt like.

Yeah, I kept waiting on Coach H. to bring the defensive ends back in and get back into a conventional 5-2 (they were split wide toward the flats), but it never happened.

The story after halftime was the Cardinal defense. Belfry never threatened to score in the 2nd half.

Nice game to watch on P-burg's open date. :Thumbs:
This Belfry team IMO is 10 times better if Steve Mickey is on the sideline.
Wow!!! I was worried about this game for 3 weeks. Excellent win for SC congrats. You dominated both sides of the ball tonight. Pirates, refocus and come out firing next week.TongueirateSho
Belfry_99 Wrote:So how does this district shake out? If SC were to lose to PC next week and Belfry beats E. Ridge then all teams would be 2-1 in district. Wouldn't it end up:

SC #1

Belfry #2

PCC #3

E. Ridge #4

I believe in a 3 way tie, Belfry would probably have the upper hand. The Pirates have more wins over opponents who have good records.

That scenario would also make the PCC/Prestonsburg game important for the Hawks. The Blackcats would add a lot of points for them if PCC won.
Congrats Cards.... you came to play tonight and it showed!
A good win for Sheldon Clark and with the win really shakes up the district
Did you mean BELFRY? SC hasn't played PC yet. Wrong thread maybe.
oneijoe Wrote:I believe in a 3 way tie, Belfry would probably have the upper hand. The Pirates have more wins over opponents who have good records.

That scenario would also make the PCC/Prestonsburg game important for the Hawks. The Blackcats would add a lot of points for them if PCC won.

Look again, i believe it might SC.
I'm pretty sure Belfry would win the tie breaker but unless SC loses to PC, that don't matter.
But tip of the hat to SC and A-Ray, good game guys...
Congrats SC.
Sheldon Clark may be the most unpredictable team I have ever seen in high school football.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Don't they still flip a coin?

I am pretty sure you're correct of that BCA
Pages: 1 2 3