Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Kobe Retires, Who do you think would be the Best on the League?
So Aslan I was thinking.. Why would you go out and say Durant would be the best over Lebron after there is no Kobe? So far, Durant hasn't done anything special that Lebron has or has not.. So where do you get the idea he'd be a better player? Are you just going on the stats of point totals for a single season or something or am I missing something??
Deff Lebron
Who is to say that by the time Kobe retires any current player will be the best? Its not like Kobe is retiring at the end of the season... I predict by the time he goes, Lebron and Durant neither one will be in the discussion. Austin Rivers lol. Thats only a semi-joke btw, Rivers is a beast guys. I know you all have to agree with that.
Something that really aggervates me is why isn't Dwight Howard in the talks of this?? Or at least one of the best players in the league?

He leads the league in:
Rebounds
Blocks
Field Goald %
Double Doubles

Other ranks:
26th in scoring

How many players besides him can say they lead the league in more than 1 thing? None.
Ballers Wrote:So Aslan I was thinking.. Why would you go out and say Durant would be the best over Lebron after there is no Kobe? So far, Durant hasn't done anything special that Lebron has or has not.. So where do you get the idea he'd be a better player? Are you just going on the stats of point totals for a single season or something or am I missing something??

I honestly do think LeBron is the second best player right now. I don't think he has "it" though. If he does win a title with the Heat I won't as impressed if he did it on his own. The Heat could add you, me, and Zaga and still have a shot at winning the title. I will give Bron his dues, he's a great player, the most athletic to ever play. I actually enjoy watching him play, but please don't tell anybody that Confusedhh:
Kobe's not slipped much the late few years, he's still averaging almost 30 a game. Once him and the Lakers start to slip, and with the Celtics getting older, were going to see a lot of Thunder/Heat finals imo.
Ballers Wrote:Something that really aggervates me is why isn't Dwight Howard in the talks of this?? Or at least one of the best players in the league?

He leads the league in:
Rebounds
Blocks
Field Goald %
Double Doubles

Other ranks:
26th in scoring

How many players besides him can say they lead the league in more than 1 thing? None.

He's the best center in the game tonight. The center position is probably weaker than it ever has been. Can't ask more from him defensively, but his offensive game is still as bad as it was 2 years ago. He can't create his own shot like the great NBA centers in the past could.
Aslan Wrote:He's the best center in the game tonight. The center position is probably weaker than it ever has been. Can't ask more from him defensively, but his offensive game is still as bad as it was 2 years ago. He can't create his own shot like the great NBA centers in the past could.

So where he isn't a top 10 scorer there is no way he could be titled as the best player in the game. It's not like defense wins games. I think I get it.. I mean that sounds pretty fair to me.

I just think it's crap he's over looked when he is a titan in the league. No he can't shoot, but honestly who can do anything with him if he has the ball in the paint? Noone. Has he been shutdown in the paint before as of late? Have you seen it happen? No. With that being said has Kobe ever been guarded and shutdown? Yes.

IMO, the only way Howard or Lebron or gonna get the respect they deserve in the league are to actually win some championships.. All the rest doesn't matter.

Kobe could shoot for 0-20.. win another championship.. and would still be labeled as the best in the game today.. Which isn't fair to the other superstars in the league.
Respect Lebron Deserves? He has been the face of the league since he joined the league.
LeBron with no if and/or buts.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Ballers Wrote:So where he isn't a top 10 scorer there is no way he could be titled as the best player in the game. It's not like defense wins games. I think I get it.. I mean that sounds pretty fair to me.

I just think it's crap he's over looked when he is a titan in the league. No he can't shoot, but honestly who can do anything with him if he has the ball in the paint? Noone. Has he been shutdown in the paint before as of late? Have you seen it happen? No. With that being said has Kobe ever been guarded and shutdown? Yes.

IMO, the only way Howard or Lebron or gonna get the respect they deserve in the league are to actually win some championships.. All the rest doesn't matter.

Kobe could shoot for 0-20.. win another championship.. and would still be labeled as the best in the game today.. Which isn't fair to the other superstars in the league.

Great players that lead there teams to championships defines greatness.
Greatness is he who reminds you of no other. Such a man is Kobe Bryant.

Just a quote i like lol. i dont want in this kobe.lebron argument any more. No matter how many posts are made my opinion will never be changed, neither will ballers or aslans im sure. I have desided to agree to disagree about lebron. haha