Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If Kobe Retires, Who do you think would be the Best on the League?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If Kobe Retires, Who do you think would be the Best on the League?

a. Kevin Durant
b. LeBron James
c. Dwyane Wade
d. Dwight Howard
e. Carmelo Anthony

If I had to pick the most similar to Kobe I'd pick Wade because of his scoring,his clutchness and his championship. Durant is the best scorer, Dwight is the best defender, and Lebron is a freak of nature. Eventually Durant though i think
Hunh? Kobe is already the 2nd best to lebron today!
Stardust Wrote:Hunh? Kobe is already the 2nd best to lebron today!

LOL! :thatsfunn Funny thing is tho, I agree.
i'll take A or B
I'm going to go with Kevin Durant.
I don't think LeBron is the consensus #1 right now.
Some would argue that Kobe is, but I think LeBron is the best is most people's eyes.
Also...
Kobe's not retiring any time soon Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think LeBron is the consensus #1 right now.
Some would argue that Kobe is, but I think LeBron is the best is most people's eyes.
Also...

Zaga, let's try to stay on topic bud. We know Kobe isn't retiring anytime soon, however that is not what the subject of the title asks...

I'm going to assume you would say Lebron if Kobe was indeed retired?
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think LeBron is the consensus #1 right now.
Some would argue that Kobe is, but I think LeBron is the best is most people's eyes.Also...

I disagree most of the population would say Kobe after what Lebron did during the offseason. He lost a good portion of his fan base. Kobe is number one regardless in my eyes though. However if he retire the 1 right now would be Wade.
Ballers Wrote:Zaga, let's try to stay on topic bud. We know Kobe isn't retiring anytime soon, however that is not what the subject of the title asks...

I'm going to assume you would say Lebron if Kobe was indeed retired?

The topic is ridiculous...
and yes, Lebron
K_Mac Wrote:I disagree most of the population would say Kobe after what Lebron did during the offseason. He lost a good portion of his fan base. Kobe is number one regardless in my eyes though. However if he retire the 1 right now would be Wade.

Lebron has the last 2 MVPs....
zaga_fan Wrote:Lebron has the last 2 MVPs....

I disagree with one, it should have been Wades. The second was close but Ill give it to Lebron. No doubt the boy can play basketball, but Wade is better IMO.
K_Mac Wrote:I disagree with one, it should have been Wades. The second was close but Ill give it to Lebron. No doubt the boy can play basketball, but Wade is better IMO.

We'll see this year...
I hate Lebron lol
but I know he's good
K_Mac Wrote:I disagree most of the population would say Kobe after what Lebron did during the offseason. He lost a good portion of his fan base. Kobe is number one regardless in my eyes though. However if he retire the 1 right now would be Wade.

What???? :yikes: What in the world does how Lebron handled free agency to do with being the Best Basketball player in the league. Did his game all of a sudden lose 15 points per game because he announced his decision to go to the Heat on national television. Can he no longer take it to the hoop stronger than any other player in History because he was egotistical and eccentric?????:eyeroll:
Stardust Wrote:What???? :yikes: What in the world does how Lebron handled free agency to do with being the Best Basketball player in the league. Did his game all of a sudden lose 15 points per game because he announced his decision to go to the Heat on national television. Can he no longer take it to the hoop stronger than any other player in History because he was egotistical and eccentric?????:eyeroll:

I don't think his offseason antics effected his ability as a player lol
IN my eyes, after both players retire, Kobe will go down as a greater player. I say this because of LeBron leaving Cleveland. If he would have stayed and won 1 title, that would have been equal to winning six titles in miami.

Kobe has an all-round better game and will always be put infront of james win their is talk about greatest players of all time.
WALL2WALL Wrote:IN my eyes, after both players retire, Kobe will go down as a greater player. I say this because of LeBron leaving Cleveland. If he would have stayed and won 1 title, that would have been equal to winning six titles in miami.

Kobe has an all-round better game and will always be put infront of james win their is talk about greatest players of all time.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:What???? :yikes: What in the world does how Lebron handled free agency to do with being the Best Basketball player in the league. Did his game all of a sudden lose 15 points per game because he announced his decision to go to the Heat on national television. Can he no longer take it to the hoop stronger than any other player in History because he was egotistical and eccentric?????:eyeroll:

No his being an a** didn't affect his skills. It will effect his numbers though, I don't see him averaging 30 on this team. He might though who knows. Regardless, my point was people still call Kobe the best.
James will tear his acl. too much time jiving. Shucks he might be on the show with chloe and courtney Had to say something stupid to match you young fellers who still back a man who quit and quit and then quit again.I dont believe in evolution but james makes a man wonder.
How many rings does james have going into his eighth season. had to get on the phone with a few other all pros and try to be the yankees of the nba. Larry Bird called the whole thing tasteless and classless.
K_Mac Wrote:No his being an a** didn't affect his skills. It will effect his numbers though, I don't see him averaging 30 on this team. He might though who knows. Regardless, my point was people still call Kobe the best.
Kmac your the only other person on here is has a clue to what is going on with James the quitter. he will go down as the only superstar to quit not once, not twice but three games in a six game series. Appreciate your posts KMac.
zaga fan against the celtics he took the ball to the hoop with ease just like you said but you left one thing out,,,he didnt shoot, he passed out to someone 30' from the goal. He did not want to win a title in cleveland and have no idea why. Because west was doing his mother.
catwoman Wrote:How many rings does james have going into his eighth season. had to get on the phone with a few other all pros and try to be the yankees of the nba. Larry Bird called the whole thing tasteless and classless.

So, what does that have to do with anything? Was Wilt, Elgin and Jerry West terrible basketball players because it took them 20 years in the league before they won a title? I guess Barkley is not deserving of his HOF status because he never won a ring.

Larry Bird did NOT say the whole thing was tasteless and classless:

Bird - As for the saga that led to the union of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Bird had mixed feelings.

"That's why we have free agency," he told Dakich. "When you get an opportunity to get an open market, anything can happen. I'm like a lot of people. I'd like to have seen LeBron stay in Cleveland but his desire was to go play with some great players and try to win championships. You've got to do what's best for yourself. He's a very, very talented young man, a great basketball player and he wanted to go play with Wade and Bosh. He had the ability to do that and he did it.

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/larry-bird-s...n-1397713/
catwoman Wrote:zaga fan against the celtics he took the ball to the hoop with ease just like you said but you left one thing out,,,he didnt shoot, he passed out to someone 30' from the goal. He did not want to win a title in cleveland and have no idea why. Because west was doing his mother.

Catwoman, are you trolling?:brunettec
Durant, he has what it takes to be a superstar in the NBA! Maybe Bron Bron right now but look out in a year or so, if his numbers keep on increasing like they have been the last couple seasons, Durant will surpass Bron Bron.
catwoman Wrote:Kmac your the only other person on here is has a clue to what is going on with James the quitter. he will go down as the only superstar to quit not once, not twice but three games in a six game series. Appreciate your posts KMac.

The topic is, who would be the best player in the NBA if Kobe retired.. Why are you still ranting and raving about his free agency?
Ballers Wrote:The topic is, who would be the best player in the NBA if Kobe retired.. Why are you still ranting and raving about his free agency?

I'm assuming she's saying she doesn't think Lebron is the best because he is a quitter.
She may be trolling a little...
but she's still on topic.
Lebron is the best player in the nba reguardless who he plays for or who he doesnt play for nor what any former player has said (Barkley). Lerbon is the best hate him or like him. I personally dont like bron but hes the best I got to admit his game is raw.
Tailback44 Wrote:Lebron is the best player in the nba reguardless who he plays for or who he doesnt play for nor what any former player has said (Barkley). Lerbon is the best hate him or like him. I personally dont like bron but hes the best I got to admit his game is raw.

:notworthy:worthy::notworthy:worthy::Clap::Cheerlead

Hmm, with that said I'd say we are all in agreement.

Just an FYI Zaga, but Bron's stats look a whole lot better than Bryants.
C.Clair Wrote:Durant, he has what it takes to be a superstar in the NBA! Maybe Bron Bron right now but look out in a year or so, if his numbers keep on increasing like they have been the last couple seasons, Durant will surpass Bron Bron.

I hope Durant does surpass him. Im pretty sure he is younger then Lebron but much more mature and deserving of his talents.
catwoman Wrote:Kmac your the only other person on here is has a clue to what is going on with James the quitter. he will go down as the only superstar to quit not once, not twice but three games in a six game series. Appreciate your posts KMac.

Thank you very much.
Pages: 1 2 3