Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denny Fugate Named Head Coach at Cordia (Rumor)
Fuagte has been a great coach for alot time, but not there.. Love the coach but cordia won't be in the hunt for alot time...
I heard Coach Fugate declined the job because talented star Cody Collins transfered to Perry Central this week.
warmachine Wrote:I heard Coach Fugate declined the job because talented star Cody Collins transfered to Perry Central this week.

You need a cat scan, he is not even there top ten. my sources tell me that denny will inform his decision to cordia in a few days.
warmachine Wrote:I heard Coach Fugate declined the job because talented star Cody Collins transfered to Perry Central this week.

He needs to decline the job in the first place if he expects to go there and win right off of the bat....
They don't have a whole lot right now and I would imagine he would plan on building the team up for a year or two before they can contend.
Denny will be interviewing today and probably hired this evening if everything goes as expected. The Lions will have a great coach, just don't know what kind of talent they will end up with. Some people say that there are some guys that have already talked about going to Cordia to play for him, some of the guys that aren't playing for Perry or other places, will come play for him.
It will be official at 4:00 PM today....look for a news conference on Monday....
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:It will be official at 4:00 PM today....look for a news conference on Monday....

Sounds good to me.
fugatepharmd Wrote:20 years ago Coach Fugate got a 5 year suspension from coaching, which had more to do with politics of others wanting the MC Napier head coaching job than his behavior. He was no saint, which even he admits, but let's talk facts if we are going to question a person's integrity. Coach paid his dues and now a school wants to give him a chance, that is exactly what this is. If you don't think Coach Fugate is a good coach then you are entitled to your opinion but please stop with the speculation. If he was not eligible the KHSAA would not have let him be part of the PCC program. You can trust that what I am telling you is truthful, because I lived it since Coach is my father.

Good luck Dad, Coach and the Cordia Lions!
Great job