Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denny Fugate Named Head Coach at Cordia (Rumor)
This is pretty much comfirmed. I heard this from a very close person from the school. Good pick up for Cordia, with the connections that fugates got in Perry Co, Cordia will be making there way up in the 14th!

Congrats Denny...Go Lions!

** I'll post this a rumor as of now, but the person who told me was close to the program*
If he tones down his coaching from years past, he will have Cordia in the hunt in a couple of years, if he doesn't, he could be in jail. Times have changed a lot.
From what I hear, he didn't want to give up his retirement and wanted them to give him additional money on top of that, so don't know if the deal will go thru or not. I don't believe he can do both with the job that he would have to do over their, but you never know with what people around here do with coaches jobs, they make them whatever they can do legally just to get them the job. If they work it out, it will be a great catch for the Lions. Good luck with working out the details Coach Fugate.
On the other hand, I heard if he didn't get it, it would be given to former coach Justin Amburgey. He would be making the return trip back to Knott County from Pike Central. Good luck to either one of these guys in getting the job.
I can't see this working out.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:From what I hear, he didn't want to give up his retirement and wanted them to give him additional money on top of that, so don't know if the deal will go thru or not. I don't believe he can do both with the job that he would have to do over their, but you never know with what people around here do with coaches jobs, they make them whatever they can do legally just to get them the job. If they work it out, it will be a great catch for the Lions. Good luck with working out the details Coach Fugate.
On the other hand, I heard if he didn't get it, it would be given to former coach Justin Amburgey. He would be making the return trip back to Knott County from Pike Central. Good luck to either one of these guys in getting the job.

From what i've heard, Denny will be the PE teacher and still draw his retirement. The knott county board will only pay him for 100 days of work, then Alice Whitaker would be paying him the rest of his salary. So with his retirement, teaching salary, and coaches salary, he'll be making more than he would be at PCC. Great pick-up for the Lions.:rockon:
Aslan Wrote:I can't see this working out.

Of course you can't.. your a PF4L.
Bad move.
Good pickup
What can I say?
I'm a Denny fan lol
king360 Wrote:Bad move.

Ofcourse your going to say this, your a commadore fan. You don't want to see the guy who has been coaching there defense leave.
king360 Wrote:Bad move.

C'mon King!
Ya gotta be rootin' for Denny.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Ofcourse your going to say this, your a commadore fan. You don't want to see the guy who has been coaching there defense leave.

Im not saying this because Im a fan of the dores..I just don't understand why he would go to cordia. I hope he is successful there but with the little talent he has I dont think he will be.
zaga_fan Wrote:C'mon King!
Ya gotta be rootin' for Denny.

I would love to see Denny get Cordia back to the winning ways. I just don't think he can do it. Not because of him as a coach, but he isn't gonna have any talent.
Ballers Wrote:Of course you can't.. your a PF4L.

I'm rooting for Cordia and Denny to succeed.
king360 Wrote:Im not saying this because Im a fan of the dores..I just don't understand why he would go to cordia. I hope he is successful there but with the little talent he has I dont think he will be.

There may not be that much talent at for cordia to recruit from, but that doesn't mean that they can't get kids from knott and perry county grade schools.

There is a good young nucleus back at Cordia with Marcus Sumner and Ryan Thacker. Coach Fugate will get the players to come to cordia, there is no problem with that. IMO he'll stay at cordia for 4-5 years and build that program back up.
Aslan Wrote:I'm rooting for Cordia and Denny to succeed.

So am I. I'd love to see him in a Regional final in about 3 to 4 years. It might take longer, but he is defiently a coach that can get it done in that amount of time.
king360 Wrote:I would love to see Denny get Cordia back to the winning ways. I just don't think he can do it. Not because of him as a coach, but he isn't gonna have any talent.

It is a tough move, but I'm sure Denny is ready to get back into the head coaching game.

Something else to think about...
If it doesn't work out at Cordia and Hatcher decides to move on from PCC.
I can promise you that Denny's name will be one of the first names to come up.
king360 Wrote:I would love to see Denny get Cordia back to the winning ways. I just don't think he can do it. Not because of him as a coach, but he isn't gonna have any talent.

Its going to be tough no doubt, a small school like Cordia not many boys in the high school but trust me were talking bout Denny fugate with all the connections he has in Perry County, he'll bring in talent. I hate to see Honeycutt go but I really like this hire. Go Lions! Good Luck Denny!
zaga_fan Wrote:It is a tough move, but I'm sure Denny is ready to get back into the head coaching game.

Something else to think about...
If it doesn't work out at Cordia and Hatcher decides to move on from PCC.
I can promise you that Denny's name will be one of the first names to come up.

0% chance Denny will ever be PCC's coach.
Aslan Wrote:0% chance Denny will ever be PCC's coach.

That is Perry Central's lose, and what makes some of you think this is a bad move. If Denny wants to be an head coach again he has to start somewhere. Denny is just probably one of the best coaches the 14th region has ever seen so the talent will follow. Martin Combs has an outside shot at getting eligible and if that happens with Denny being the coach he is they wouldn't be to far behind Knott. Other then Zach Davis and Mikie Slone no one on that team really empresses me.
Who
wait wait wait, denny fugate? I know some things cant be said on the site but isnt he banned from coaching. If Cordia does hire him its a mistake there best bet is to go for justin amburgey but it'll be hard for him to get back into the knott school system but he is by far the best out there for this job.
Crazy Horse Wrote:That is Perry Central's lose, and what makes some of you think this is a bad move. If Denny wants to be an head coach again he has to start somewhere. Denny is just probably one of the best coaches the 14th region has ever seen so the talent will follow. Martin Combs has an outside shot at getting eligible and if that happens with Denny being the coach he is they wouldn't be to far behind Knott. Other then Zach Davis and Mikie Slone no one on that team really empresses me.

Wasn't Martin a Sr. last year.
20 years ago Coach Fugate got a 5 year suspension from coaching, which had more to do with politics of others wanting the MC Napier head coaching job than his behavior. He was no saint, which even he admits, but let's talk facts if we are going to question a person's integrity. Coach paid his dues and now a school wants to give him a chance, that is exactly what this is. If you don't think Coach Fugate is a good coach then you are entitled to your opinion but please stop with the speculation. If he was not eligible the KHSAA would not have let him be part of the PCC program. You can trust that what I am telling you is truthful, because I lived it since Coach is my father.

Good luck Dad, Coach and the Cordia Lions!
People are saying there isn't enough talent at Cordia to win. So what Coach Fugate needs to do is uphold the 14th tradition and go get talent from other school districts. He needs to ask WWHD(What would Hazard do)
Aslan Wrote:0% chance Denny will ever be PCC's coach.

His name's come up before....
It'll come up again
OrangenowBlue Wrote:People are saying there isn't enough talent at Cordia to win. So what Coach Fugate needs to do is uphold the 14th tradition and go get talent from other school districts. He needs to ask WWHD(What would Hazard do)

:lmao:
orangenowblue Wrote:people are saying there isn't enough talent at cordia to win. So what coach fugate needs to do is uphold the 14th tradition and go get talent from other school districts. He needs to ask wwhd(what would hazard do)

lol
Overrated Wrote:Who

Oh please....
If indeed Martin Combs becomes eligible, 14th watch out. Pretty sure he isn't going to be there tho.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:People are saying there isn't enough talent at Cordia to win. So what Coach Fugate needs to do is uphold the 14th tradition and go get talent from other school districts. He needs to ask WWHD(What would Hazard do)
:thatsfunn