Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will the new 2011 Realignment be finalized?
I read the article but the numbers are a lot different from other sites.

I wonder what the real numbers look like
Class 3A:
Caldwell County 324.5
Union County 330
Shelby Valley 330.5
Heath 331
Jackson County 332
West Carter 332
Trigg County 332.5
Webster County 334
Morgan County 337
Monroe County 340
Belfry 353
Elizabethtown 355.5
Henry County 355.5
Sheldon Clark 360
Central 363
Hart County 365
Magoffin County 365
Edmonson County 367
Adair County 370
Estill County 370.5
Wayne County 370.5
Corbin 375
Powell County 376
East Ridge 376.5
Knott County Central 377.5
LaRue County 377.5
Casey County 378.5
Fleming County 380
Lewis County 380
Fort Campbell 383.5
Franklin County 383.5
Western Hills 387
Pike County Central 390
South Warren 394
Garrard County 394.5
Bell County 398.5
Lawrence County 400.5
Mason County 404
Paducah Tilghman 407.5
Bourbon County 414
:1:I really really really like Bell Co in this Class 3A....
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote::1:I really really really like Bell Co in this Class 3A....

We might finally see Belfry vs. Bell
Belfry0304 Wrote:We might finally see Belfry vs. Bell

Yes. Im excited about Corbin and Bell Co being in the same District too.
I would also like to see them set the alignment in 4 year cycles and give a little time to develop some district and regional rivalries. Unles there is a consolidation or split of schools, there is no reason to do it every 2 years.
Big Chief Wrote:I would also like to see them set the alignment in 4 year cycles and give a little time to develop some district and regional rivalries. Unles there is a consolidation or split of schools, there is no reason to do it every 2 years.

Chief, not sure it's been reported, but that's what the KHSAA Board approved on Monday. It's for 4 years, with adjustments only to be made during those 4 years for extraordinary changes in enrollment. The Board had the same reasoning you expressed for its decision.
sheriff Wrote:I read the article but the numbers are a lot different from other sites.

I wonder what the real numbers look like

The numbers and class breakdowns in this article by Ryan Ernst are correct and were the ones reviewed and tentatively approved by the KHSAA Board on Monday: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/0...#more-6535

Those class breakdowns are not quite final yet however, because the KHSAA is going to allow schools to request a move up if they will be geographically isolated playing in their true class. That is the only reason a move up request can be granted and the KHSAA reserves the right to deny the request even if a team will be geographically isolated if the move up creates additional problems to districting or will result in some other school then becoming geographically isolated. The classification and setting of districts isn't expected to become final until the October KHSAA Board meeting, but the classes Ernst has in his article are going to be pretty darn close.
Hatz Wrote:Maybe I'm wrong Charlie22 but can't private schools actively seek an individual to attend his/her school? I never thought he meant "illegally" recruit. However to offer schoarships and cost subsidies by a private institution is not unheard of or illegal is it? I think I'm looking at apples to your oranges Charlie.

I don't know if I'm reading all of this correctly or not. Private schools can offer scholarships and/or financial aid to the student. Public can offer for the family to pay tuition in order for the student to enroll at that school. Is this correct? If so, how is that a fair and level playing field? Need some to clear this up for me.
easyM Wrote:I don't know if I'm reading all of this correctly or not. Private schools can offer scholarships and/or financial aid to the student. Public can offer for the family to pay tuition in order for the student to enroll at that school. Is this correct? If so, how is that a fair and level playing field? Need some to clear this up for me.

Sorry guys. I posted on the wrong thread I guess. Don't know how it ended up on this one....
easyM Wrote:Sorry guys. I posted on the wrong thread I guess. Don't know how it ended up on this one....

Well no, I am on the right thread. lol.....
easyM Wrote:I don't know if I'm reading all of this correctly or not. Private schools can offer scholarships and/or financial aid to the student. Public can offer for the family to pay tuition in order for the student to enroll at that school. Is this correct? If so, how is that a fair and level playing field? Need some to clear this up for me.

I don't want to hi jack this thread further than I may have already done. I'll send you a PM.
Mayfield is 199 in that classification 200.5 gets u in 2a 1.5 difference id just as soon be in 2a i hope we play up if possible.
There will be no Heath in 3A in 2012 with the consolidation in McCracken.
Belfry0304 Wrote:We might finally see Belfry vs. Bell

With the numbers being so close to 4A i expect to see bell co to continue playing up in class as they are now