Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: When will the new 2011 Realignment be finalized?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Didnt know if anybody on here knew anything.
I'd guess after the season is over, but that's just a guess.

Anyone know about the status of teams playing up in class? Is it still goingto be allowed?
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/0...l-meeting/

From Ryan Erest on his blog at NKY.com
The KHSAA Board of Control on Monday will start discussing the football realignment plan, which will go into effect for the 2011 season. Here are the talking points the ad hoc committee will address on the topic:
POLICY ISSUES FOR AD HOC FOOTBALL DISCUSSION
1. Schools being allowed to play up.
a. How far (if limited)
b. If schools play up, do you compensate by moving lowest school down?
2. 32 vs 16 in smallest and largest class
a. Byes in early rounds if teams drop out
3. Enrollment Adjustments / New Schools
a. Nelson County split (new school 2012 season)
b. McCracken consolidation (new school 2012 season)
4. Alignment Period
a. 2 year ?
b. 4 year ?
I already have a solution. GO BACK TO 4 CLASSES!
Panther Thunder Wrote:I already have a solution. GO BACK TO 4 CLASSES!
PT, what's up, homey?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I already have a solution. GO BACK TO 4 CLASSES!
I like 6 classes. The only thing I would do is that if you're 0-10 or didn't win a district game you don't make the playoffs. 4 team distrists and everyone gets in is really dumb. Just give the 1 seed a bye the first round versus playing an 0-10 team.
nky Wrote:I like 6 classes. The only thing I would do is that if you're 0-10 or didn't win a district game you don't make the playoffs. 4 team distrists and everyone gets in is really dumb. Just give the 1 seed a bye the first round versus playing an 0-10 team.

i think that runnner up and winner should make it only,would cut down on 2games that they really dont need.....
cuppett777 Wrote:i think that runnner up and winner should make it only,would cut down on 2games that they really dont need.....
In some districts the 3 or 4 team could be solid and have won some first round games. Some districts especially in NKY (6A and 1A) can be very competitive.
I wish they had a Class that was for ALL Private Schools to be in. Then let all the PUBLIC schools have the Class 1A through 5A... Let 6A not be by enrollment but by putting private schools in their own class.

Private schools can recuit with out getting in trouble, but public schools cant recruit.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I wish they had a Class that was for ALL Private Schools to be in. Then let all the PUBLIC schools have the Class 1A through 5A... Let 6A not be by enrollment but by putting private schools in their own class.

Private schools can recuit with out getting in trouble, but public schools cant recruit.

Great post and very well put and so very true
nky Wrote:In some districts the 3 or 4 team could be solid and have won some first round games. Some districts especially in NKY (6A and 1A) can be very competitive.

i know what your saying but 4 the most part for sure rd 1 is a waste..
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I wish they had a Class that was for ALL Private Schools to be in. Then let all the PUBLIC schools have the Class 1A through 5A... Let 6A not be by enrollment but by putting private schools in their own class.

Private schools can recruit with out getting in trouble, but public schools cant recruit.
that's a myth. What school's recruit? What do you consider recruiting? From what I see in NKY what your talking about is more an urban legend than the truth
I'm guessing they decide pretty quick so shedules can be worked out.
nky Wrote:I like 6 classes. The only thing I would do is that if you're 0-10 or didn't win a district game you don't make the playoffs. 4 team distrists and everyone gets in is really dumb. Just give the 1 seed a bye the first round versus playing an 0-10 team.

I don't like the chance of having a bye week in there. Most teams don't like having to take off it is to hard to get focused.
nky Wrote:that's a myth. What school's recruit? What do you consider recruiting? From what I see in NKY what your talking about is more an urban legend than the truth

I would assume the poster was speaking of "private schools" recruiting. That is not urban myth. :Thumbs:

This will never happen but is good ideal! Smile
Hatz Wrote:I would assume the poster was speaking of "private schools" recruiting. That is not urban myth. :Thumbs:
If anyone had evidence of private schools or that matter public schools "recuiting" then turn them in. I'm tired of the "myth" about recuiting when it's not true
I agree, all you hear is talk talk talk, but to tell you the truth they do have a advantage.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree, all you hear is talk talk talk, but to tell you the truth they do have a advantage.
What advantange? no more than schools with open enrollment
cougarpride08 Wrote:I agree, all you hear is talk talk talk, but to tell you the truth they do have a advantage.

True

Please do us all a favor. Find out who is your region's representative on the KHSAA Board of Control and then ask him if private schools can recruit (and I assume you mean illegally recruit) without getting in trouble. I know the answer already, but I'd like you to ask him yourself. The private schools can no more illegally recruit than the public schools can. Some private schools do it and when they get caught, they get in trouble. Some public schools do it and when they get caught, they get in trouble. The key is catching them. What is the real shame of the matter is that it is adults usually violating the rule. If I was the KHSAA and caught a coach illegally recruiting, I'd ban him for life as a coach in Ky. No exceptions. That would probably put a stop to it quickly.
charlie22 Wrote:Please do us all a favor. Find out who is your region's representative on the KHSAA Board of Control and then ask him if private schools can recruit (and I assume you mean illegally recruit) without getting in trouble. I know the answer already, but I'd like you to ask him yourself. The private schools can no more illegally recruit than the public schools can. Some private schools do it and when they get caught, they get in trouble. Some public schools do it and when they get caught, they get in trouble. The key is catching them. What is the real shame of the matter is that it is adults usually violating the rule. If I was the KHSAA and caught a coach illegally recruiting, I'd ban him for life as a coach in Ky. No exceptions. That would probably put a stop to it quickly.
:Thumbs:
charlie22 Wrote:Please do us all a favor. Find out who is your region's representative on the KHSAA Board of Control and then ask him if private schools can recruit (and I assume you mean illegally recruit) without getting in trouble. I know the answer already, but I'd like you to ask him yourself. The private schools can no more illegally recruit than the public schools can. Some private schools do it and when they get caught, they get in trouble. Some public schools do it and when they get caught, they get in trouble. The key is catching them. What is the real shame of the matter is that it is adults usually violating the rule. If I was the KHSAA and caught a coach illegally recruiting, I'd ban him for life as a coach in Ky. No exceptions. That would probably put a stop to it quickly.

Maybe I'm wrong Charlie22 but can't private schools actively seek an individual to attend his/her school? I never thought he meant "illegally" recruit. However to offer schoarships and cost subsidies by a private institution is not unheard of or illegal is it? I think I'm looking at apples to your oranges Charlie.
But don't most public schools permit tuition paying students? I know in Northern Kentucky schools do. The tuition is minimal compared to the actual cost of the education
Hatz Wrote:Maybe I'm wrong Charlie22 but can't private schools actively seek an individual to attend his/her school? I never thought he meant "illegally" recruit. However to offer schoarships and cost subsidies by a private institution is not unheard of or illegal is it? I think I'm looking at apples to your oranges Charlie.

Private schools can have open houses and if that's what he meant by recruit, then they recruit. However please keep in mind that public schools can if they choose to also hold open houses and attempt to attract out of district students also. Most do not, however they can do so if they want. If I was a Super of a public school and had a lot of excess capacity at the school, I'd sure try to attract out of district students to fill that capacity. Have them pay tuition if there was no reciprocity agreement with the home district. Get more revenue to dilute the fixed costs of running the school district. And if that took have an open house and advertising to attract out of district students, I'd do so, particularly if my school was academically superior to the surrounding school districts. What the privates can't do and the publics can't do is recruit kids for athletic reasons.

In a nut shell, publics can do every thing that privates can do and the privates cannot do any thing that the publics can't do. It's that simple.

Financial aid or scholarships fall into two categories: need based and merit based. By law 13 covers financial aid. 13 is one of the better drafted by laws and I know the KHSAA monitors compliance of it very closely.

Merit based aid (ie the student is academically gifted) to athletes is limited by KHSAA rule to 25% of the tuition. No exceptions. Merit based aid must be determined by taking an entrance exam. The entrance exam must be available to be taken by all students. The awarding of merit based aid must be done in accordance with published objective standards. It doesn't matter how well a student did on a test, they are still going to have to pay at least 75% of the tuition. Keep in mind that at some private schools, the tuition is very expensive so that 75% nut is still going to be tough to crack. In any event, the tuition needed to still be paid is going to be more than attending the local public school which is "free".

Need based aid is based on the financial situation of the parents. Need based financial aid is determined not by the school so one doesn't need to worry if a private school is pulling a fast one using need based financial aid to illegally recruit star athletes; rather, the KHSAA requires financial aid to be determined by a third party company. The KHSAA strictly monitors the companies doing this and they have to come from a KHSAA approved list. Only certain information is provided to the companies and athletic ability info is not provided. It truly is done "blindly" as to the student.

I hope that helps answer your question about financial aid.
charlie22 Wrote:Private schools can have open houses and if that's what he meant by recruit, then they recruit. However please keep in mind that public schools can if they choose to also hold open houses and attempt to attract out of district students also. Most do not, however they can do so if they want. If I was a Super of a public school and had a lot of excess capacity at the school, I'd sure try to attract out of district students to fill that capacity. Have them pay tuition if there was no reciprocity agreement with the home district. Get more revenue to dilute the fixed costs of running the school district. And if that took have an open house and advertising to attract out of district students, I'd do so, particularly if my school was academically superior to the surrounding school districts. What the privates can't do and the publics can't do is recruit kids for athletic reasons.

In a nut shell, publics can do every thing that privates can do and the privates cannot do any thing that the publics can't do. It's that simple.

Financial aid or scholarships fall into two categories: need based and merit based. By law 13 covers financial aid. 13 is one of the better drafted by laws and I know the KHSAA monitors compliance of it very closely.

Merit based aid (ie the student is academically gifted) to athletes is limited by KHSAA rule to 25% of the tuition. No exceptions. Merit based aid must be determined by taking an entrance exam. The entrance exam must be available to be taken by all students. The awarding of merit based aid must be done in accordance with published objective standards. It doesn't matter how well a student did on a test, they are still going to have to pay at least 75% of the tuition. Keep in mind that at some private schools, the tuition is very expensive so that 75% nut is still going to be tough to crack. In any event, the tuition needed to still be paid is going to be more than attending the local public school which is "free".

Need based aid is based on the financial situation of the parents. Need based financial aid is determined not by the school so one doesn't need to worry if a private school is pulling a fast one using need based financial aid to illegally recruit star athletes; rather, the KHSAA requires financial aid to be determined by a third party company. The KHSAA strictly monitors the companies doing this and they have to come from a KHSAA approved list. Only certain information is provided to the companies and athletic ability info is not provided. It truly is done "blindly" as to the student.

I hope that helps answer your question about financial aid.

Thx. :Thumbs: I would probably still hold that the "guidelines" are not as "cut and dry" but that's okay. You answered the question I was looking to get an answer for. :Thumbs:
I love the idea of only the top 2 teams in the district making the payoffs oppose to all 4 teams making it in a 4 team district. Then you could take another 4-8 (numbers can vary) with WILDCARD/play in game. This can be teams picked on a power ratings that is determined by the teams you played, so beating a horrible team doesn't do you any good. The last teams in can either play each other with a chance to advance to the playoff like a playoff game. Or they could be the last seeded teams that in the playoffs
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/0...-team-fit/

Nothing official, but still food for thought.
Can you dig it? Wrote:http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2010/0...-team-fit/

Nothing official, but still food for thought.

looks good, the east side of 3a,you would alomost have a title game in some of those playoof games..
I expected LC to be back in 3a, didn't see East Carter remaining in 4a as long as no one plays up in class. Additionally, surprises me to see Bell Co. in 3a and Ashland in 4a. Could be looking at a district of Ashland, Boyd, Greenup and Johnson Central in 4a.
Pages: 1 2