Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Jessamine 2010
EJJAGS Wrote:That makes alot of sense. The coaches at East Jessamine deliberately destroyed their own playing field to the degree that it is being torn up and replaced. Im sure that would go over real well, with an already extremely cash strapped athletic department at East High. Cmon

do they play owen county again
I believe they play Owen County at home sometime during the middle part of the season.
how do you think east jessamine will fare against owen
They should have a good game against Owen Co.. East has back almost the same team they had when they shut them out last season.
joejoe Wrote:They should have a good game against Owen Co.. East has back almost the same team they had when they shut them out last season.

now correct me if i am wrong but didnt owen qb throw 5 pick and two of them went for td east o really stuggle against owen d they had 15 passing yards 256 rushing you would think east would of blow them out
Not to sound like Im making excuses for East's play that game because Owen played very well, but I do believe East was down two of their starting RB's for that game. One didnt' play and the other played in a full cast on his right arm, which rendered him basically unusable, as he fumbled frequently (twice inside the 5, if I remember correctly).
EJJAGS Wrote:Not to sound like Im making excuses for East's play that game because Owen played very well, but I do believe East was down two of their starting RB's for that game. One didnt' play and the other played in a full cast on his right arm, which rendered him basically unusable, as he fumbled frequently (twice inside the 5, if I remember correctly).

i am sorry if i just came out at you but the way you made it sound like owen a pushover and east will stomp them this year
If you look at my previous posts I just described that East plays Owen sometime in the middle of the season and described what happened to East last year.. Owen has a good team and this will be a good game....Good Luck
East has everyone back from a 22-0 win at owen, and this year the game is at east. Imo east wins. East will play everyone tough this year including lex cath. and boyle.
joejoe Wrote:East has everyone back from a 22-0 win at owen, and this year the game is at east. Imo east wins. East will play everyone tough this year including lex cath. and boyle.

First I admire your loyality to East.
Now to reality. Using A 22-0 win over Owen County as a guage post may not be very accurate. When you come to Boyle this year the turf will be dry. I do not know how you define tough but for East to play Boyle and Catholic tough will be a huge mountain to climb.:eyeroll:
French For President Wrote:First I admire your loyality to East.
Now to reality. Using A 22-0 win over Owen County as a guage post may not be very accurate. When you come to Boyle this year the turf will be dry. I do not know how you define tough but for East to play Boyle and Catholic tough will be a huge mountain to climb.:eyeroll:

nice post
never said they would beat Boyle and Lex. Cath. but should be able to play with them if they cut down on the turnovers they had in those 2 games. Only time will tell
joejoe Wrote:never said they would beat Boyle and Lex. Cath. but should be able to play with them if they cut down on the turnovers they had in those 2 games. Only time will tell

The turnovers in the Boyle game could have been from several different reasons. But probably form the MUD or the Boyle defense.
East has talent, I just dont know if it is being coached very well.
joejoe Wrote:East has talent, I just dont know if it is being coached very well.

so just wonder if owen come to east will there be a leak on the field or will it be dry:please:
OK hopefully for the last time (although I no better) East had an underground malfunction with their sprinkler system on their field that caused a leak. It had been around since Week 6 against Western Hills and got progressively worse. As bad as the Boyle fans want to contend that we "watered" down the field, that is not the case. Work has already begun in tearing up the game field at East, to replace the underground system and put down new grass. I invite any who still think the field was "watered" down to come look at the work being done.

So yes Rebel, unless it rains the week of the game, you should have dry turf.
EJJAGS Wrote:OK hopefully for the last time (although I no better) East had an underground malfunction with their sprinkler system on their field that caused a leak. It had been around since Week 6 against Western Hills and got progressively worse. As bad as the Boyle fans want to contend that we "watered" down the field, that is not the case. Work has already begun in tearing up the game field at East, to replace the underground system and put down new grass. I invite any who still think the field was "watered" down to come look at the work being done.

So yes Rebel, unless it rains the week of the game, you should have dry turf.

i know that i am just messing with you man
French For President Wrote:The turnovers in the Boyle game could have been from several different reasons. But probably form the MUD or the Boyle defense.

Here is an idea rush Boyle #5 at East #63 and see who ends up on there rump. See you at the game.
joejoe Wrote:Here is an idea rush Boyle #5 at East #63 and see who ends up on there rump. See you at the game.

and boyle will so you wish will be granted but when boyle beat you then what will you say send number 5 at jason taylor
joejoe Wrote:Here is an idea rush Boyle #5 at East #63 and see who ends up on there rump. See you at the game.

:Clap:

Trash talking from team that could not get in the endzone on the 2 best teams in their district while getting out scored 110-0. Gota love the off season !

Here's even a better idea, have your running back run behind #63 and see who's on their rump everytime after the play. Last year 56 total yards for the entire game was all EJ could mustard. Joejoe "don't just sing it, bring it"

Lol! Okay... I'll take that matchup, one on one, every play of the game. I like our odds that #63 loses the majority.:ChairHit:
Just wanted to see who would reply. I know Dawson is probably the best player in the state and Boyle Co. is the best team in 4a, but IMO east will get more than 56 yards this season, so I hope. And I never said East would win.
How does East do this Yr. Zack Templin is the best OL in the district and most have him rated as #3 OL in KY. They have good QB and several really good RB, also a nice TE or 2. Plus a new WR that can out speed and out hop most DB. 8-2 at the worst
there is a lot of confidence for a team that lost every game in its district and got bounced 42-0 in the first round of the playoffs
joejoe Wrote:How does East do this Yr. Zack Templin is the best OL in the district and most have him rated as #3 OL in KY. They have good QB and several really good RB, also a nice TE or 2. Plus a new WR that can out speed and out hop most DB. 8-2 at the worst

8-2 could be a huge mountain to climb for a program that really seemed to struggle in 2009. It could be a very interesting game at Rebel stadium this year. Winning could come easy with a WR that can "out speed and out hop most db". With athletes like that its as simple as throw and catch. :Thumbs:
French For President Wrote:8-2 could be a huge mountain to climb for a program that really seemed to struggle in 2009. It could be a very interesting game at Rebel stadium this year. Winning could come easy with a WR that can "out speed and out hop most db". With athletes like that its as simple as throw and catch. :Thumbs:

LexCathKnight15 Wrote:there is a lot of confidence for a team that lost every game in its district and got bounced 42-0 in the first round of the playoffs

Take a look at their schedule, and you will see other than Boyle and LexCath, the other games could go in East's favor. I would like to see them sneak up and take one from you two, but I doubt it. Never said it would be simple, just that it would help the team. Last season's record has nothing to do with this season.
joejoe Wrote:Take a look at their schedule, and you will see other than Boyle and LexCath, the other games could go in East's favor. I would like to see them sneak up and take one from you two, but I doubt it. Never said it would be simple, just that it would help the team. Last season's record has nothing to do with this season.

I disagree with the bolden. THe same kids that didn't have a good season last year will be the same kids that has to turn around this season. However a good coach can turn it around as Boyle is a prime example. They had a couple of sub par years under Pardue. We've seemed to turned that around now.

Not only is #5 one of the best players in the state but he is one of the best in the entire country. I'll definitely take that match-up although I know you were kidding.

As for the season record for East Jessamine. 8-2 at the worst? No way. I'd have to say 6-4 at the best. East Jessamine will have their work cut out for them. I honestly hope to see them go 8-2. It would be good for the district to see a team like East Jessamine step it up. I wish them luck! :Thumbs:

Also, define playing Boyle County tough this year? Maybe a score prediction? Or how many touchdowns will they lose by?
BoyleCounty Wrote:Not only is #5 one of the best players in the state but he is one of the best in the entire country. I'll definitely take that match-up although I know you were kidding.

As for the season record for East Jessamine. 8-2 at the worst? No way. I'd have to say 6-4 at the best. East Jessamine will have their work cut out for them. I honestly hope to see them go 8-2. It would be good for the district to see a team like East Jessamine step it up. I wish them luck! :Thumbs:

Also, define playing Boyle County tough this year? Maybe a score prediction? Or how many touchdowns will they lose by?

I agree #5 is a great player, but he is a LB and #63 is OL. Only way #5 wins that battle is run around him. #5 is a lot quicker and more athletic but not as strong. And 1 on 1 in the " trenches" I would take #63 over #5 all day long, even though #5 will be the best player on the field in almost every game he play's this season. I know East's chances are very slim, so I hope Boyle can represent the district well and repeat as 4A champions. Good Luck on your season.