Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Jessamine 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the outlook for East this year. Last season 4 of there 7 loses were by a combined 15 points with 3 of those on the road by only 7 points, plus they have all but two starters back.
The biggest problem with East's outlook is what district they are playing in. With Boyle, and Lex Cath. it makes it hard to host a playoff game. East wasn't a bad team last year. Making it past the second round will always be a hurdle for them.
I agree, being in a district were there is two 4a state powers is very tough. I still think they will have a good season.
Should be a good year for East. I look for 7-3,8-2,or if everything falls in place 9-1 with a playoff victory.
I could really see EJ playing well this year. They have been right on the cusp the past few years. The district is tough though. Im calling 8-2 with a possible couple victories in the playoffs.
East has a great OL, anchored by Zack Templin. At 6'4" 300lbs he is one of the best OL in the state. They have 2 really good back's in Hager and Thomas. They need too get better on defense during the summer. 9-1 or 8-2
No way their 9-1 or 8-2.
Hows the QB situation there? A very special player who can play all the skill positions is looking at possibility of moving there. A 3 sport player,baseball,basketball,and football.
East will be senior dominated. The QB is a senior, he has only played the position for two years. He is probably a true WR that had to switch due to needs of the team. Where is this special player from?
Small school Ashland area, but has competed in AAU basketball and held his own in baseball, competing against kids from all over. Football he played against bigger schools at QB as a freshman, as dangerous running as throwing. Size is only abt 5"11 barefoot and 175lbs. He moved the ball against LCA this season after our first string went down. May not be the best, but I am sure would play a skill position for most. I know Joker Phillips raved about the moves once.
Doubtful that a staff that forgets to turn sprinklers off for an entire week will be capable of preparing for a 8-2 or 9-1 season.
bannedfrompreps Wrote:Doubtful that a staff that forgets to turn sprinklers off for an entire week will be capable of preparing for a 8-2 or 9-1 season.

They proved to be strong in the weights at the S. Laurel weight lifting competition.
bannedfrompreps Wrote:Doubtful that a staff that forgets to turn sprinklers off for an entire week will be capable of preparing for a 8-2 or 9-1 season.

Believe me when I say this. East will be digging up the ground to fix the water problem. The problem with the water was due to either leakage from underground pipes or poor drainage.
Zach Templin won the heavy weights. He cleaned 285lbs and benched 300lbs. East also had 2 other players win their weight sections. They also had numerous players from 2nd-5th in the weight classes. They finished 3rd out of 10 teams. This should be a really good season.
RAMSPORTS Wrote:Small school Ashland area, but has competed in AAU basketball and held his own in baseball, competing against kids from all over. Football he played against bigger schools at QB as a freshman, as dangerous running as throwing. Size is only abt 5"11 barefoot and 175lbs. He moved the ball against LCA this season after our first string went down. May not be the best, but I am sure would play a skill position for most. I know Joker Phillips raved about the moves once.

Sounds like he would be a good addition to any school. Has he decided to move yet?
Sure would like to know thw name of this player from the Ashland area, does sound like it would be a great addition to the team. This will be one of the better years that East has had in awhile. Also the field was not the coaches fault.
What offense and defense are they running these days?
Wing-T and the 4-4 last year
I'm not certain but I think they will have little bit of a different style on both sides. Also I heard, might be a challenge for QB this season.
You will never convince those of us who were on the field that it was an accidental leak. The field was so horrible the officials should have forbidden play.
East should stand up and replace the athletic equipment that was destroyed by their so called sprinkler leak. Even with watering the field you still could not stop Reese.:eyeroll:
EJJAGS Wrote:I could really see EJ playing well this year. They have been right on the cusp the past few years. The district is tough though. Im calling 8-2 with a possible couple victories in the playoffs.

The second round of playoffs would probably have East playing Boyle or Catholic, no way they even compete with either of these teams,
That makes alot of sense. The coaches at East Jessamine deliberately destroyed their own playing field to the degree that it is being torn up and replaced. Im sure that would go over real well, with an already extremely cash strapped athletic department at East High. Cmon
Exhibit A
[attachment=o1959]
Exhibit B
[attachment=o1960]
Obviously you all are in the know. So East water downed the field so they could beat Boyle Co. But that didn't work because Boyle Co. is #1. Thanks for clearing it up.
I remember seeing this on TV, unless EJ has a rain machine they didnt cause this by sprinkler.
there was a leak caused by the new road construction.
Back to the original post....what about East next year. This senior class they have should really do some things. East Jessamine doesn't get talent like this, but once every 4 to 5 years. Hopefully everything can come together for them this year.

Someone earlier posted about a QB challenge? Who is challenging Powers?
The sprinklers were still on when Boyle arrived. Give me a break. Your head coach should be paying for fixing the field.
This has nothing to do with the 2010 season, but if you want to know the leak was underground and started before the Western Hills game aka The Mud Bowl.
Pages: 1 2