Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
68.75%
East Ridge
31.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs. East Ridge 8/27
notourious121 Wrote:The kid runs a 4.5 forty thats great and weighs what 140lbs soaking wet....Whats he going to do when he meets a lineman in the hole who out ways him by 150 lbs or more???
Same thing he did in Louisville gain yards and score td's, kind of how the varney kid did for belfry.
Coachdad Wrote:Same thing he did in Louisville gain yards and score td's, kind of how the varney kid did for belfry.
Surely you can agree that he is used to playing against top competition in Louisville , unless you think mountain competition is better than Louisville.
Coachdad Wrote:Surely you can agree that he is used to playing against top competition in Louisville , unless you think mountain competition is better than Louisville.

Buddy, he might not be playing the "level of competition" he might have in Louisville, but I guaran-****-tee he will get hit like he never would in Louisville!
Dude!!!! that's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that IF he goes up there it is not a dropoff of the level of competition. Mabey they do play the best football in ky in the mountains, but in my(god given) opinion I think the level of competition in Louisville is very high and he should have no problem adjusting to the level of competition.
P.S. Why does a lot of people on here take these posts as a personal attack on themselves jeez what are you so uptight about it is never my intention to offend ANYBODY ON HERE let's just have INTELLIGENT conversation. Heck Id be willing to bet Tim never even plays for sv so all this talk is probably for nothing at all.
Coachdad Wrote:Dude!!!! that's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that IF he goes up there it is not a dropoff of the level of competition. Mabey they do play the best football in ky in the mountains, but in my(god given) opinion I think the level of competition in Louisville is very high and he should have no problem adjusting to the level of competition.
P.S. Why does a lot of people on here take these posts as a personal attack on themselves jeez what are you so uptight about it is never my intention to offend ANYBODY ON HERE let's just have INTELLIGENT conversation. Heck Id be willing to bet Tim never even plays for sv so all this talk is probably for nothing at all.

Nah bro u took me wrong, I'm just saying. It's not a personal thing for me either way, I go to Belfry. Louisville does have the best athletes, etc, in Kentucky. But the mountain kids are holler-raised and there are some seriously rough kids around here that will hit you hard. Just making my point... no big thang..
who cares valley lost thier hole team and 1 person dosent make a team iv herd so much about him but a running back needs a line or hes nothing. and valley has no line !
E.ridge Wrote:who cares valley lost thier hole team and 1 person dosent make a team iv herd so much about him but a running back needs a line or hes nothing. and valley has no line !
Belfry now that is a program that I keep up with and admire, Shelby valleys coach went there and I am familiar with that program thru him never heard of valley or er until the Normans went there I think he has a fine family and he is a very very good coach. I used to coach for Louisville Central so I have the utmost respect for all high school football programs , it takes a lot of blood Sweatt and sacrifice for any and every team in every class1a-6a. For valley fans how do you like coach Norman and how is son Zach doing ?
Best wishes to everyone this season& I hope belfry makes it all the way to state to give lou central a worthy opponent.
ER has a history of not living up to expectations...in 2004 we had the most talented team to ever play at ER and we went 2-8 if I'm not mistaken. I think that year it was mostly because of the horrible coaching but it's anyone's guess.

By the way, ER's line this year is in no way the best ever there. No way.
vundy33 Wrote:ER has a history of not living up to expectations...in 2004 we had the most talented team to ever play at ER and we went 2-8 if I'm not mistaken. I think that year it was mostly because of the horrible coaching but it's anyone's guess.

I liked that , it was very amusing
This thread is entertaining...Lawrence County plays both of these teams in the first 3 weeks so we are keeping an eye on this thread Smile
vundy33 Wrote:ER has a history of not living up to expectations...in 2004 we had the most talented team to ever play at ER and we went 2-8 if I'm not mistaken. I think that year it was mostly because of the horrible coaching but it's anyone's guess.

This is almost true. This years line couldnt dare compare to last years, or the ones before it.
Does ER still return anyone from last years OL?????
StrayBullet Wrote:Does ER still return anyone from last years OL?????

one player.
Coachdad Wrote:I liked that , it was very amusing

Glad I can make you laugh. :moon:
alfus21 Wrote:East Ridge has came within a touchdown of winning 1 time. They came within 8 points 2 other times. The rest have been humiliating losses. I don't see it changing this year.

2009 - Shelby Valley 52 East Ridge 13
2008 - Shelby Valley 60 East Ridge 14
2007 - Shelby Valley 61 East Ridge 19
2006 - Shelby Valley 20 East Ridge 12
2005 - Shelby Valley 14 East Ridge 6
2004 - Shelby Valley 38 East Ridge 12
2003 - Shelby Valley 35 East Ridge 13
2002 - Shelby Valley 27 East Ridge 22

After a couple of competitive games in '05 and '06, Shelby Valley has really taken East Ridge behind the woodshed the last three years, winning by an average of 42+ points. Based off that, it's hard to see ER breaking the streak and getting their first-ever win against Valley.

However, as has been stated on here before, SV sustained heavy losses to graduation, and face a major rebuilding task this year. The 2010 edition will probably be one the weaker SV teams in the last several years. Meanwhile, East Ridge appears to have returned most of the starters, including several skill players, from last year's group. If there was ever a year for ER to knock off the Wildcats, this is it.

This is a difficult game to predict, as I think no one really expects much out of either team this year. I think it will be a competitive contest, but I just have a hard time believing that ER has fully made up a 39-point deficit from last year.

I'll go with Valley in a close one, 12-8.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Definately not the most talented team ever at ER. I can think of 2 others that were more talented. From what I hear this year's team will be really really good.
Real Badman Wrote:one player.

yea but they got other lineman that can get the job done.
I have listened to a lot of bashing of East Ridge on here about coaching and what not, but lets take a look at the situation. Its very true East Ridge has struggled, no question, but they also haven't had a lot of help. The other schools in the County have more coaches on staff, Coach Allen was just moved to the H.S. this year, trust me, its tough to coach in a school when you have to teach somewhere else. He has had virtually no help, this year he did get 1 coach, but they need more. He has worked very hard in the weight room this year, and he is going to coach the Jr. High himself, as well as the H.S. I think he is a fine, hard working young coach who is trying to do the right things. He got out some more kids this year, granted they might not have a lot of experience, but he is raising the interest level at the school, and he does return some decent players, so I do expect them to be somewhat better. It takes time, you just can't turn things around in a year or 2 with all the coaching changes over the years. This program needs some stability and some time to build, I feel the Principal there is going to do that with Coach Allen. Shelby Valley has had some nice teams the last 2 or 3 years, they did lose a lot of kids from last years team, however, based on what I am hearing they did pick up the Smith kid, who must be very fast, although he is small. I have no idea who will win this game, I haven't seen anyone in pads yet, nor have I seen any scrimmages, but based on reports I have from both schools, I expect this to be a competitive match-up. I don't think either team will blow the other out, I expect it to be very close.
east ridge will run away the final will be
ER 36
sv 12
er ruturns
qb bryan casey
hb patrick casey
tb dalton lewis
fb mike stiltner
and ricky hill >kyle colley >josh colley
i got word from coach brad allen that east ridge has the second largest team in pike county they are feilding 47 going into camp but..furthermore east ridges line was horrible last season they are the reason they couldnt theow the ball b/c they couldnt pass block brad allen said that this was the most talented and strongiest group of boys that hes ever been around even when he played at brethitt..not bragging on east ridge but i believe u are overlookin whats going on up at east ridge
Valleys first step in the downward spiral that brings them back to the pre-saunders era. Although imo they win this game, it will be closer than in years past. I'll predict a score of 18-8.
TimTheToolManTaylor Wrote:Definately not the most talented team ever at ER. I can think of 2 others that were more talented. From what I hear this year's team will be really really good.

Let's hear the other two teams you think were more talented...I'd like to compare and contrast, ha.
Alpha_Male Wrote:Valleys first step in the downward spiral that brings them back to the pre-saunders era. Although imo they win this game, it will be closer than in years past. I'll predict a score of 18-8.

Garret Newsome, you know nothing about football.Confusedhh:
vundy33 Wrote:Let's hear the other two teams you think were more talented...I'd like to compare and contrast, ha.
For one, this year's team has more talent than that team. Who on that team was any good? I can't remember it being very talented. The first year's team was probably the most talented until this year. I can remember watching the first ever game and they had some kids that could play. So there ya go, there is 2 teams that have or had more talent :Thumbs:
StrayBullet Wrote:This thread is entertaining...Lawrence County plays both of these teams in the first 3 weeks so we are keeping an eye on this thread Smile

no point. lawrence will kill both these teams.
yessur Wrote:Well I guess you haven't heard of the two lineman that coach allen has recruited to play from out of the school. Joey Coleman and Bryan Little. Joey is an ox! Bryan is without a bout the most explosive lineman in school history and he hasn't even been in pads yet! He is 6'3" 260 and nothing but muscle. Trust me, you have no clue what new players are out for the ER team this year....Two others are Austin Robinson and Cody Justice which are two of the fastest kids in the entire school. The line will be the best the school has ever seen. I can't wait to watch those new kids play.

Putting an awful lot of faith in kids that hasn't had pads on yet. That's when the cream comes to the top.
notourious121 Wrote:The kid runs a 4.5 forty thats great and weighs what 140lbs soaking wet....Whats he going to do when he meets a lineman in the hole who out ways him by 150 lbs or more???

Probably score! LOL! A 350 lb. lineman won't even see or get a hand on this kid, much less tackle him.
Hustle Wrote:Probably score! LOL! A 350 lb. lineman won't even see or get a hand on this kid, much less tackle him.
Can somebody please verify for me that Tim Smith is actually enrolled, and participating for valley? Also the last poster is right tim is small but very very strong, he will probably score when he meets on of those big ol slow linemen in the hole. He weighs about 165 with about 8% body fat. But I won't believe he actually plays for valley until I see some proof. To SV fans how do you all like coach Norman? What position does his son plays.
i talked to the tim kid he isnt as strong as u say he is he is only benching 205 and squating just over 300 if thats strong out in the city these country boys are like hulks then...
TimTheToolManTaylor Wrote:For one, this year's team has more talent than that team. Who on that team was any good? I can't remember it being very talented. The first year's team was probably the most talented until this year. I can remember watching the first ever game and they had some kids that could play. So there ya go, there is 2 teams that have or had more talent :Thumbs:

Well, Paul Deese was the QB, he could throw it all over the field and he could scramble like no other but he tried to take over way to often. Our line was great the year. Let's see...the linebackers, led by a little guy named Jared, can't remember his last name. We we're pretty good at most positions...the coaching was just horrible though.

I'll have to see this team before I'll say they're the best team ER's ever had. But from what I seen last year, this team isn't close.