Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County's Dylan Creech
WCfan Wrote:The Memorial Sports Complex has beaten the Morse Mustangs and the Lexington Baseball Club many times. They have also beaten Lexington Christian's 17 year old team, so you might need to get your information correct before suggesting that they are a joke. By the way, he played against Harrison County high school this past fall who everyone would agree is great competition, he had 1 homerun , 2 doubles, and 5 rbi's. Lastly, he hit his sixth homerun last night, his 23rd double, went 3 for 4 with 2 walks, 1 intentional (the ninth time this year) and drove in 5 more runs which gave him 89 for the year. One more thing, Dylan is number 41 in the mid-season (ihigh.com which is voted on by media and coaches around the state) top 50 in KY, the highest out of the 14th region, the only other on there from the 14th region is Gus Wise from Lee County. So obviously, many members of the media and coaches around the state have a very high opinion of his abilities as a player.

When did he play against Harrison County? They dont have a fall team.
If you take a look at Wolfe’s schedule, it is very hard to get an idea of how competitive any one player or the team really is. As of today, Wolfe Co. is 22 – 10. However, the teams Wolfe has beaten have a combined winning percentage of 0.202. Even the teams who have beaten Wolfe only have a combined winning percentage of 0.534. Out of those teams, only Perry Central has more than 15 wins. The only team with a winning record that Wolfe has beaten is Lee Co. (15 – 11); and, Wolfe has only won 1 of the 3 games versus them. Wolfe’s 2010 schedule is full of teams who will finish near the bottom of their respective regions. I know this post doesn’t sound like it; but, I really hope they do well in the post season. Wolfe has a team full of great kids who have worked hard all year. However, to earn the respect they deserve, the coaching staff should seriously consider a tougher schedule for 2011.
No one is putting the kid down. He can't help the way his dad puts him on a pedestal and sets him up for disappointment. As far as the whole team goes, we'll all be able to see just how talented they are when they get some REAL competition in the regional tournament.
GO PIRATES!!!
WCfan Wrote:Here are the current stats listed on the maxpreps site for the boys who start:
Kris Johnson .329
Zach Sallie .419
Jeffrey Whisman .457
Tyler Hayes .489
Joe Oliver .420
Corey Conway .364
Clint Brewer.349
Dylan Creech .684
Deron Terrill .455

When the boys had the averages in the 500's , I believe it was after playing riverside and owsley within a couple of days of each other, sure I will agree that would boost any player's average, but as you can see those stats are no longer.

I am not Dylan's mother, I am his sister.

While I realize that you have not been directly bashing him, there have been some who have and that is why I felt the need to post my response in the manner that I did.

I'm calling BS on all this. To have that many kids hitting over .300 is ridiculous. There is NO way these are legit. If it upsets some people, so be it, but I'm not buying the .684 either. Softball, little league or whatever. And with all this BS, I don't really buy the RBI numbers. Sorry, don't mean to ooffend, but this dude would be on Sportscenter, Sports Illustrated or something if it was verified as accurate info.
overrated
The only person defending this kid is his sister. I'm sure if Creech played a tougher schedule his stats would still not be near as good. Most of the players on the team are averaging around .400. .400 in the majors gets anyone into the hall of fame. See if anyone's average on Lex Cath or any other northern team is even close. When you play teams that a school for the blind could beat you should have an over .600 batting average. Enough said.
We know he has an abnormally high batting average, but you didn't have to make fun of the blind kids wizard!
I just saw pic's and vid's of this kids swing on maxpreps....and his swing is broke! He has to be a straight pull hitter with that bar arm and the way his hips fly open. Real pitchers would eat this kid alive.
Guy's, this thread is beginning to go in the wrong direction and has served it purpose. Let's find a different topic...