Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County's Dylan Creech
Is Only 1 RBI Shy Of State Record!

Per Derek Forrest Twitter

Dylan Has Helped Lead Wolfe County To A 21-9 Overall Record (13-7 Region) (4-2 District) and the way it looks Wolfe County Will Be Going To Region As They Play Jackson City in The 1st RD Of The Districts
Wolfe County's Dylan Creech finds himself one RBI shy of breaking the state record. The mark is set at 83 by former Taylor County player Brandon Gupton. But that is not where the story ends.

Wolfe County's Dylan Creech finds himself one RBI[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif] shy of breaking the state record. The mark is set at 83 by former Taylor County player Brandon Gupton. But that is not where the story ends.

Earlier this season versus Owsley County, Creech tied the state record for RBI in a game when he knocked in 13 runs in a 31-8 victory.

Last season Creech finished the year with a .607 batting average[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif] which was 5th best in the state of Kentucky.

Creech is currently batting .691 (65 for 94), which is 46 points shy of the state record set at .737. He also has 5 home runs, 21 double and 11 triples on the season. And on top of all of that he also has 34 stolen bases[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif] on the year, But what makes all of this remarkable is the fact that Dylan is only a freshman.

For his career, Creech has 137 career hits and 143 career RBI. Currently, Creech has helped lead his team to a 21-9 record, their first 20 win season in program history.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/93893919.html
Strikeout King Wrote:Last season Creech finished the year with a .607 batting average[Image: http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif] which was 5th best in the state of Kentucky.
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtsports/headlines/93893919.html

This is suppose to read ...

Last season Creech led the state with a .607 batting average which was 5th best all time in the state of Kentucky.

I apologize for the wording ...
Not to take anything away from Creech, but I mean, who does Wolfe Co. play? They play an extremely easy schedule. And Owsley starts alot of middle schoolers, so it's really not a Gigantic feat like it would seem.
wolfe county also starts middle schoolers also fresman dylan creech yes thats right a fresman who plays like acollage player i have watched this kid play ball for at least 3 years plus lots of other teams he is the real deal as for as the cup cake schedule goes they have played perry central lost 7to6 played lee co 3 times winning 1 out of three jackson co winning morganco leslie co twice they are not cup cakes besides that the kid played aginst harrison co when he was in the 7 or 8 grade at scott co going 3 for 3 a homerun 2 doubles 5 rbis now i thank that is the ral deal.wolfe co will be a team to deal with over the next sevral years.great job wolves on a great season good luck in the region
Jshort5 Wrote:Not to take anything away from Creech, but I mean, who does Wolfe Co. play? They play an extremely easy schedule. And Owsley starts alot of middle schoolers, so it's really not a Gigantic feat like it would seem.

Wolfe county has made a tremendous improvement from last season. They lost against many of the same teams last season that they have beat this season. They have also played some good games against teams like perry county central, where they only lost by one and Creech averaged .500. Dylan is very talented and I am not just saying that because I am a Wolfe county fan. He also plays in a summer league where he goes up against tougher competition and still plays just as well.
Anyways, I am extremely proud of the accomplishments Creech is making and the improvement in the entire wolfe county baseball team!
Has anybody seen Creech play? Every time I've seen him he hasen't done much, he was 2 for 8 when I saw him. His dad is the one keeping these stats. I can't wait to see what the scouts think when they see him play because he isn't as much as he seems. Somebody else keep stats on this kid for about 5 games against a good team and see what he has done.
i dont find any surprise in this
Jshort5 Wrote:Not to take anything away from Creech, but I mean, who does Wolfe Co. play? They play an extremely easy schedule. And Owsley starts alot of middle schoolers, so it's really not a Gigantic feat like it would seem.

I agree. Creech is a solid player. Looking at their schedule so far, the Wolves have played:
Elliott Co (4 times) 1-19
Menifee Co. (3 times) 2-24
Owsley Co (3 times) 2-21
Riverside (twice) 1-15 *
Jackson City (twice) 5-12 *
Cordia (3 times) 7-19
Buckhorn (twice) 5-13
Breathitt Co. (twice) 14-14*

* District games

Very weak schedule, IMO.
mandan Wrote:I agree. Creech is a solid player. Looking at their schedule so far, the Wolves have played:
Elliott Co (4 times) 1-19
Menifee Co. (3 times) 2-24
Owsley Co (3 times) 2-21
Riverside (twice) 1-15 *
Jackson City (twice) 5-12 *
Cordia (3 times) 7-19
Buckhorn (twice) 5-13
Breathitt Co. (twice) 14-14*

* District games

Very weak schedule, IMO.

they've also played Lee County 3 Times, Lost Twice and Won Once Against The Bobcats and Lee Is 15-11
Strikeout King Wrote:they've also played Lee County 3 Times, Lost Twice and Won Once Against The Bobcats and Lee Is 15-11

Dylan also went 1-6 in the first two games against lee.I dont know how he did the second time. The point is.....when you beat owsley 31-8 why is the best hitter in the state(according to some) still in the game? I think Jim Creech should be banned from KY baseball. 30 years from now people are going to think this kid and his numbers are for real. If these numbers were for real, Dylan would be without a doubt the player of the year in the 14th region. I am willing to bet doughnut holes against dollar bills he will only get one vote, and It will be daddy Jim. The kid really may have have been a good ball player, but his dad is killing him.
Wow...That's big time. I guess when you know you can't compete as a team, you just schedule the absolute worse teams you can find and bat your big guns as many times as possible just to fatten individual stats. Looks like Wolfe County hired someone who really does care about the program.
3under_PAR Wrote:Dylan also went 1-6 in the first two games against lee.I dont know how he did the second time. The point is.....when you beat owsley 31-8 why is the best hitter in the state(according to some) still in the game? I think Jim Creech should be banned from KY baseball. 30 years from now people are going to think this kid and his numbers are for real. If these numbers were for real, Dylan would be without a doubt the player of the year in the 14th region. I am willing to bet doughnut holes against dollar bills he will only get one vote, and It will be daddy Jim. The kid really may have have been a good ball player, but his dad is killing him.

In the last game, Creech went 2 for 3 against Lee County with an average of .667 for the game. Besides that, he is only a freshman and I am sure he is destined to only get better. Dylan is always seeking ways to improve. In fact, I don't think he is inactive in practicing at any point in the year. I am sure that your coach would like to have Dylan on his team.
I also believe that you should leave whatever personal opinion you havsone about Coach Creech to yourself. If I do recall you referred to him as a "bad person" in a previous post. This isn't supposed to be a coach bashing website.
Whether you like him or not, the fact is that last year Wolfe county was losing against teams like elliot county and jackson county. This year they are winning against them and that marks an improvement.
In my personal opinion, instead of putting these young men down we should be uplifting them. I think it is great to have players like Dylan Creech, Gus Wise, Dakota Ritchie, and whoever else (I don't follow many teams)in our region.
John_Rocker Wrote:Wow...That's big time. I guess when you know you can't compete as a team, you just schedule the absolute worse teams you can find and bat your big guns as many times as possible just to fatten individual stats. Looks like Wolfe County hired someone who really does care about the program.
Not to mention the fact that he is supposed to be a Junior in High School!!! He will be like 20 years old by the time he graduates! It's a shame what some parents will do to bring glory to themselves...ahem, their CHILDREN.
pocofan Wrote:Not to mention the fact that he is supposed to be a Junior in High School!!! He will be like 20 years old by the time he graduates! It's a shame what some parents will do to bring glory to themselves...ahem, their CHILDREN.

Dylan is not supposed to be a junior. He was held back a year in middle school. He is supposed to be a sophomore.
Dylan just broke the state record with an RBI Double in the 3rd Inning Tonight (5/17/10) against Magoffin County...Dylan now has 84 RBI's On The Season
Surprised he hasn't set any single-game records, playing Owsley and all. I'd say there are some teams in the 14th region that the Creech kid couldn't even start on. Estill and Letcher namely.
Jshort5 Wrote:Surprised he hasn't set any single-game records, playing Owsley and all. I'd say there are some teams in the 14th region that the Creech kid couldn't even start on. Estill and Letcher namely.

is there talk about him transferring schools?!?!
He plays the easiest schedule in state history, and that may not be an exaggeration. Anybody could put up those numbers against that kind of competition, especially when your daddy is the coach and those numbers are being inflated just a bit wouldn't you say? What a joke. Congrats for nothing in my opinion.
You guys are being awful hard on a high school kid who obviously has nothing to do with the competition he faces. The kid goes out day after day and plays whoever is placed in front of him. He cant be at fault.
I do agree that high school stats are meaningless. You think a kid playing against weak talent hitting +.600 is a better player than a kid playing at say Lex Cath hitting .350-.400? Not a chance. Hopefully his stats will get him in somewhere other than Alice Lloyd, then you will be able to see what kind of baseball player the kid is.
1771 Wrote:Has anybody seen Creech play? Every time I've seen him he hasen't done much, he was 2 for 8 when I saw him. His dad is the one keeping these stats. I can't wait to see what the scouts think when they see him play because he isn't as much as he seems. Somebody else keep stats on this kid for about 5 games against a good team and see what he has done.

no he does not keep the stats, there is a laatidy that keeps stats who is no relation to creech at all.
how did dylan do tonight against magoffin??? last i heard he had an RBI double in the 3rd inning to break the record
Strikeout King Wrote:is there talk about him transferring schools?!?!

No!
Strikeout King Wrote:how did dylan do tonight against magoffin??? last i heard he had an RBI double in the 3rd inning to break the record

I heard he wentact 2 for 3 tonight, don't know that to be for sure yet, I wasn't actually there tonight.
Who turns the stats in to KHSAA not the lady but the coach. Everytime I have seen Creech play all he has done it cry because he is getting beat.
1771 Wrote:Who turns the stats in to KHSAA not the lady but the coach. Everytime I have seen Creech play all he has done it cry because he is getting beat.

I have watched Dylan play in about half of the games he has played in this year and have witnessed him do well. You obviously haven't seen him play very many games then and I am sure that Dylan isn't the only kid who has ever been frustrated when his team was losing or not doing so good. HE IS A KID! What's really a shame is adults bashing kids!
csabo17 Wrote:You guys are being awful hard on a high school kid who obviously has nothing to do with the competition he faces. The kid goes out day after day and plays whoever is placed in front of him. He cant be at fault.
I do agree that high school stats are meaningless. You think a kid playing against weak talent hitting +.600 is a better player than a kid playing at say Lex Cath hitting .350-.400? Not a chance. Hopefully his stats will get him in somewhere other than Alice Lloyd, then you will be able to see what kind of baseball player the kid is.
I agree with you! The kid plays the schedule put in front of him. I have not seen this kid play but if he is as good as advertised than he should be putting these numbers up. Hopefully he gets to extend his career to the next level. That will show everyone the type of player he is. I hope he does just as well.
^ But doesn't Wolfe have a bunch of Kids with out of the ordinary batting averages? Based on Max Preps, this is the best hitting team in KY. Is that indicative of how great this team is? Or has the competition helped the Batting averages? I'm not bashing, I don't know the team or the competition, but following the state averages all season, it sure seemed odd of all the inflated averages, this is more than just one player.
Its probably a mixture of both. You really dont understand just how bad the teams they are playing 3-4 times a year are. Im also assuming like most high school stats that are kept in dugout most anytime a batter reaches base its scored a hit in the book. I.E Grounder to third, third baseman kicks it but still makes a throw that's way late...ruled hit. Ive seen it a lot, especially if the players have access to having the book keeper make a change. Aww come on, I was gonna beat that out, you gotta score that a hit.

Not saying its happening. But with super weak schedule this is probably a mixture of the two.
Again though, this shouldn't be taken out on the kid. Hes going out and putting a bat on the ball.
csabo17 Wrote:Its probably a mixture of both. You really dont understand just how bad the teams they are playing 3-4 times a year are. Im also assuming like most high school stats that are kept in dugout most anytime a batter reaches base its scored a hit in the book. I.E Grounder to third, third baseman kicks it but still makes a throw that's way late...ruled hit. Ive seen it a lot, especially if the players have access to having the book keeper make a change. Aww come on, I was gonna beat that out, you gotta score that a hit.

Not saying its happening. But with super weak schedule this is probably a mixture of the two.
Again though, this shouldn't be taken out on the kid. Hes going out and putting a bat on the ball.

Being a HS coach, I know the stats for both teams in our games. It certainly is true that scorekeeping is truly not done the right way, but in complete favor of the player. To see in the paper where two players, one went 3-4, the other 3-3 and looking in the book to see 4 fielders choice and one error where our pitcher threw a bunted ball over the 1b head and that player not only get credit for a hit, but a double, certainly makes you wonder about the validity of most schools stats.....