Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video to view, thoughts?
dortonite;973654[B Wrote:]My understanding is that one official was very forceful in calling the shot no good[/B] and the other officials did not argue in favor of it counting, so the ruling stood.
If this is the case then this guy should be investigated. He shouldn't be allowed to call anymore postseason tournament games for sure.

Something funny is going on. I mean, if the shot and the light on the backboard had been close it would be different. But this wasn't even in the neighborhood of being close. The guy should have at least called the other two refs over and discussed it instead of running off the floor. Ridiculous!
Wow...That basket was good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The words "Not defeated, just cheated" come to mind. KHSAA really needs to look into this.
Wouldn't matter if they did look at it. They wouldn't do anything. They'd say something like, "We leave these matters up to each region's assigning secretaries." Pass the buck.
Another reason I say this is I have seen some highway robberies at the biggest stage for high school referees, the Sweet 16. Hazard was robbed by the officials against PRP in the semifinals in 1986. One ref from the 4th region was particularly bad.
Another time was in 1999 when Paducah Tilghman and Scott County played in the semifinals. Tilghman got a royal screwing from a 13th region ref, who just happened to be from the same county as Scott County's coach Billy Hicks. The last quarter calls were terribly one sided in favor of Scott County, and this one official made most of the calls.
In both those games I've never seen a state tournment crowd stand and boo for as long as they did.
But the KHSAA took no action aginst either ref as far as as I know.
Somebody got robbed.
Should have counted.
Sometimes refs just take games into their own hands.
I know at the time it's a tough call to make.
But that's a simple call.
The shot was in the air WELL BEFORE the buzzer sounded.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Wouldn't matter if they did look at it. They wouldn't do anything. They'd say something like, "We leave these matters up to each region's assigning secretaries." Pass the buck.
Another reason I say this is I have seen some highway robberies at the biggest stage for high school referees, the Sweet 16. Hazard was robbed by the officials against PRP in the semifinals in 1986. One ref from the 4th region was particularly bad.
Another time was in 1999 when Paducah Tilghman and Scott County played in the semifinals. Tilghman got a royal screwing from a 13th region ref, who just happened to be from the same county as Scott County's coach Billy Hicks. The last quarter calls were terribly one sided in favor of Scott County, and this one official made most of the calls.In both those games I've never seen a state tournment crowd stand and boo for as long as they did.
But the KHSAA took no action aginst either ref as far as as I know.

I still shake my head when hear of this game. That was the biggest screwing I ever saw at the sweet 16. Unreal:redboxer:
Wow...how was that shot not called good?!?

This is why we should have replay for all post season games. It's a shame that FC didn't move on because they got cheated.
You wanna talk about being robbed? Check out the following picture from the 1978 State Championship between Holmes and Shelby Co:

Charles Hurtt reached up through the net and pushed the ball out, as you can see in the photo. No call and Holmes loses by 1 in the state championship. This is the imfamous "no call" that haunted Holmes fans for 30 years until Holmes brought back the title last year.

(Click to enlarge and see full size)

[attachment=o1973]
Man that was for sure in...but once the officals leave the floor the game is over. the only thing The KHSAA can do is make sure that ref doesnt ref basketball games in the Commonwealth of Kentucky for a very long time