Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Video to view, thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/9929282"]3/4/2010 Franklin County 11th Region Tournament Tip-In on Vimeo[/ame]
Baskets good.
Evidently it was not counted as Henry Clay moved on but you cannot see the time above the board. The light around the backboard clearly comes on as the ball has already left the shooters hand.
Right, and as long as the ball leaves the shooters hand before the buzzer sounds the basket should be good. So in this case the basket should have counted, unless the light doesn't match the clock, can't really tell from the video. I am guessing Franklin county was none to happy.
What I find interesting about this video is it was shot by First String Media. This is the same company that was hired to put together the Mason County Royals highlight video when they won the state title a couple years ago.

So were they there shooting video for one of the teams or just the 11th Region in general.

I can imagine this video was released to show the call was big time wrong, filing a protest won't do anything, but my goodness, this isn't a regular season game in December.
According to their site if you buy the "Veteran Package" they attend one game during the season to gather footage for the seasons highlight video. Maybe that is what this was for?
My understanding is that one official was very forceful in calling the shot no good and the other officials did not argue in favor of it counting, so the ruling stood.
Basket was good and should have counted, shame on all 3 officials & the official scorer for not allowing it to count or even review it. I have seen some bad officiating in the regional games I have attended thus far. I always thought that the top officials were to be assigned to regional games withe elite officials moving on to the Sweet 16.
GOOD! What were the Refs looking at??!!
The Basket's Good, just seems the Ref's screwed Franklin County out of a game
The words "Not defeated, just cheated" come to mind. KHSAA really needs to look into this.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:The words "Not defeated, just cheated" come to mind. KHSAA really needs to look into this.

Yeah, something needs to be done about this! Somebody needs to send that video into KHSAA!
This stuff is crazy a allen central jv player shot a 3 4 secs after the buzzer earlier in the year and the ref counted it,so i guess they will call watever comes to mind first haha.that stuff is crazy by the way the basket was good.
Instant replay is needed. Everyone tapes their games and many are starting to use computers to do this, thus allowing for easy access to a replay inside the venues.

The NFHS added replay for state championship events this year, no reason we shouldn't allow for it in all games.
Sounds and looks like they were blessed with the refs from the 15th region... lol!
TrinitySID Wrote:Instant replay is needed. Everyone tapes their games and many are starting to use computers to do this, thus allowing for easy access to a replay inside the venues.

The NFHS added replay for state championship events this year, no reason we shouldn't allow for it in all games.

I totally agree!!
was this the same refs that stoled a game from Estill co 3 years in Beattyville when a lee co player caught the came down turned and shot with 0.6 secs on the clock you always get screwed in Beattyvile but i did not think it could happen in a game that big. bad refs bad.
pickthewinner Wrote:was this the same refs that stoled a game from Estill co 3 years in Beattyville when a lee co player caught the came down turned and shot with 0.6 secs on the clock you always get screwed in Beattyvile but i did not think it could happen in a game that big. bad refs bad.

Funny thing about that is, that was a GOOD CALL! Tyler Campbell threw the ball 3/4 length of the court to Aaron Charles in the corner, he caught it and threw it up and luckily it went in! He never hesitated or anything just threw it up as soon as it touched his hands!
you should have been at the game and seen the shot then you would have know what really happen. so if the shoe fits wear it.
Don't feed me a bunch of BS! I was at that game, I even recorded the end of the game on my cell phone! how do you think i know what happened and who did what, I probably had one of the best views you could have because I was straight across from it! Thats the same game where Estill's coach threw his clipboards and hits some of the cheerleaders!
Then you need to learn to count. Or maybe Danny will let you look at the film.
I don't need to look at the fil, i recorded it on my phone, but I guess you can't argue with a sore loser!
i'm not a sore loser never thought one thing anout it till i saw your quote one that shot and that you knew how bad the call was in Beattyville and i;m sure you did noy have it on your phone no one in there riight mone would have put that ion there phone looks like you would have watched the shoot? he jumped up cougth the ball come down turned and shot the ball. i know your phone did not get all that. Call Danny and get him to get the film out. lol your are the loser lol you dont have a clue bud why lie about something that is 3 years you probley dont even have a phone and if you do you probley cant use it. hahaha... loser
lol, ur too funny! believe what you want i really don't care what you think or thought you saw, you were the one that mentioned this not me so don't get all upset there buddy
i dont like estill or lee but estill got robbed that night i saw the film you need to get a new plane because that one sucks. i also so a film were someone poured a cooler of ice over your coach on the Estill co floor what was that all about. i think i'll start going to lee co games were all the dumm satuff happens. did you get that on your pghone i bet you could sell that to the show dumbest thing ever done.
pickthewinner Wrote:i dont like estill or lee but estill got robbed that night i saw the film you need to get a new plane because that one sucks. i also so a film were someone poured a cooler of ice over your coach on the Estill co floor what was that all about. i think i'll start going to lee co games were all the dumm satuff happens. did you get that on your pghone i bet you could sell that to the show dumbest thing ever done.

lol, you might wanna take a second and think about this, you're sitting here arguing over this when you didn't even have a dog in the fight or any reason to argue, talk about some dumm satuff! Also since you don't like either team that tells me that you probably weren't at the game! But, I am done here, if you want to continue to argue send me a PM!
do you have a fight or dog in the HC game but you had a thought on it just like i had a thought on the theft in Beattyville against in Beattyville and yes i was there scouting and i sure did not like what i saw that game was over 3 times and estill ever time. whats right is right the refs took it stoled it.
Guys Lets Keep it on the Topic, this is about Franklin County and Henry Clay, Not Estill and Lee
I cant believe the refs didnt even come together and make sure it was the right call they made. the basket was good and franklin should have won.
Got to be heart breaking for FC knowing that shot should of kept your season alive.
Pages: 1 2