Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Basketball
PC_You_Know Wrote:Deja vu huh? I get a lot of posts telling me to ignore you because you don't think EKY basketball is relevant.

I agree.
2010 Kentucky Mr. Basketball Candidate Josh Sewell Postcard
NYY10 Wrote:Kywldcat01, everyone thinks your a hater, mainly because you have more negative than postitive things to say about Justice, Shelby Valley or EKY. yea, you'll say Congrats a few times, but thats it. It's always something negative instead of something postive.

. I really dont recall you even giving anything postive about Elisha's Game. you down him cause he plays in the 15th region, you down his size. Thats why it makes you sound like a hater!

I have said since day 1 of the season on here. Kywldcat01 had one mission on this site this season. That mission was to BASH Elisha Justice so he would not get votes for Mr. Basketball and his beloved Rico and Pittman could have a chance at winning it. He knew that was his biggest threat to his players.
2010 Kentucky Mr. Basketball Candidate Elisha Justice Media Brochures

I was forwarded these by a friend of one of SV's coaches. These brochures were sent via hard copy and email by Shelby Valley to every media outlet and head coach in the state.
TrinitySID Wrote:2010 Kentucky Mr. Basketball Candidate Josh Sewell Postcard

Justice definitely has the TALLER trophies of the pics posted, lol!!!
HollaBack Wrote:Justice definitely has the TALLER trophies of the pics posted, lol!!!

LOL.

I was surprised when Trinity got the trophy at Republic Bank Classic this year, it was similar to the All A trophy back in 2004 when I was with the team that won the LexCath event, but the trophy has shrunk since then.

Kudos to Lloyd Gardner at Fairdale, they have some of the most unique plaques/trophies of any tournament in the state. Love the King of the Bluegrass trophies. It is a massive plaque.
I know everbody has one but IMO I would say that it is pretty much between Sewell and Justice with only one other possibility, Jackson of Scott Co. I see Sewell in the lead but the race has gotten alot tighter with Trinity losing early in their regional. I'll say that if SV wins the 15th and makes it to at least the semi's of the state tourney and Justice has a solid tourney that the gap will narrow even more and possibly with him(Justice) walking away with the award. The only other possibility I could see would be that SV doesn't make it to Rupp or they do and get beat in the first round and Scott Co. wins the state tourney or makes a deep run at it with Jackson putting up some strong numbers, I could see Jackson walking away with the hardware but that is alot of if's. JMO though for Justice or Jackson to win it they will have to take it from Sewell because as of now I see him winning Mr. Basketball, but we'll just have to wait and see. Good luck to all and remember to even be considered for Mr. Basketball these players must of had a pretty good year.
HollaBack Wrote:I have said since day 1 of the season on here. Kywldcat01 had one mission on this site this season. That mission was to BASH Elisha Justice so he would not get votes for Mr. Basketball and his beloved Rico and Pittman could have a chance at winning it. He knew that was his biggest threat to his players.

Look through the threads...I haven't mentioned Elijah or Ricardo as a favorite in a while.

Heck, I've actually said I don't even think Ricardo deserves it because Elijah has been the much better player between the two.

You say I bash Justice all the time, but if you heard some of the college coaches evaluation of Justice, you'd see that my analysis of his game is pretty spot on with what they're saying.

Justice is an EXTREMELY GOOD guard at the high school level, but his game just doesn't translate well to the next level. I've said time and time again, the reason he won't win the award will have nothing to do with a lack of talent, but rather a lack of going against tough competition throughout the year. That's more of a knock on Coach Booher than anything..not Elisha.

BUT, if we're going to continue to throw out stats and numbers and honors, look at Justice resume this year and look at Sewell's. It's not even close.

Sure you can throw in the fact that Sewell isn't playing anymore, but would Elisha still be playing if they were in the 7th region? Or if Trinity was in the same region as SV?

Again, don't get so defensive anytime someone doesn't agree with you about the kid's game. It's just an opinion and doesn't mean it's right or wrong.

You're also forgetting that Ballard and Scott Co both have very good players that could win the award if either wins the state championship.

Let's not forget that Domonic Tilford of J'town wasn't even really considered the favorite in 2006 but led his team to the title and ended up getting the award. I could see Jones/Chiles of Ballard having a similar showing, or one of the Scott Co boys leading their team to the title and garnering enough recognition to win the award.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Let's not forget that Domonic Tilford of J'town wasn't even really considered the favorite in 2006 but led his team to the title and ended up getting the award. I could see Jones/Chiles of Ballard having a similar showing, or one of the Scott Co boys leading their team to the title and garnering enough recognition to win the award.

Tilford won the award in 2005....

J'Town won title in 2006 without Tilford....
kywldcat01 Wrote:Look through the threads...I haven't mentioned Elijah or Ricardo as a favorite in a while.

Heck, I've actually said I don't even think Ricardo deserves it because Elijah has been the much better player between the two.

You say I bash Justice all the time, but if you heard some of the college coaches evaluation of Justice, you'd see that my analysis of his game is pretty spot on with what they're saying.

Justice is an EXTREMELY GOOD guard at the high school level, but his game just doesn't translate well to the next level. I've said time and time again, the reason he won't win the award will have nothing to do with a lack of talent, but rather a lack of going against tough competition throughout the year. That's more of a knock on Coach Booher than anything..not Elisha.

BUT, if we're going to continue to throw out stats and numbers and honors, look at Justice resume this year and look at Sewell's. It's not even close.

Sure you can throw in the fact that Sewell isn't playing anymore, but would Elisha still be playing if they were in the 7th region? Or if Trinity was in the same region as SV?

Again, don't get so defensive anytime someone doesn't agree with you about the kid's game. It's just an opinion and doesn't mean it's right or wrong.

You're also forgetting that Ballard and Scott Co both have very good players that could win the award if either wins the state championship.

Let's not forget that Domonic Tilford of J'town wasn't even really considered the favorite in 2006 but led his team to the title and ended up getting the award. I could see Jones/Chiles of Ballard having a similar showing, or one of the Scott Co boys leading their team to the title and garnering enough recognition to win the award.

Dude you're the one who's defensive about Justice possibly winning the award. Well, Holmes already lost, I think Justice needs to win Mr. Basketball. That would ruin your whole 2010.
I hope EJ wins it but I'm afraid it will be the same story as it was with Jody Thompson in !990. He was runner up to a kid from Louisville. They had won the state tourney the year before but when we played them in summer ball they beat us by 1. The eventuall Mr Basketball winner had 13 points while Jody had 41 against them. Also the # 3 of that year who now coaches Pikeville College Jody outscored him 30+ to teens. I know summer ball means nothing but Jody was the best player in the state but he ended up # 2.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Dude you're the one who's defensive about Justice possibly winning the award. Well, Holmes already lost, I think Justice needs to win Mr. Basketball. That would ruin your whole 2010.

I don't get defensive at all.

I simply post my opinion when people make outlandish comments that he should win the award because he was MVP of this or that.

Coaches could care less whether you were MVP of the All "A" or WYMT Classic. Justice all state honors are what makes his resume impressive.