Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mr. Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Most people think it comes down to justice and Sewell. Who do you got winning it?
Sewell wins it, but I hope I'm wrong.
Trinty losing in region play hurts Sewell, but the only way I see Justice winning it is if Valley makes it to the last Saturday and Justice puts up some great numbers.. I hope he does
NYY10 Wrote:Trinty losing in region play hurts Sewell, but the only way I see Justice winning it is if Valley makes it to the last Saturday and Justice puts up some great numbers.. I hope he does

It hurts but I still think Sewell ends up winning it because he did play a lot tougher opponents than Elisha did, but you never know, if Valley makes it to Saturday, even if they lose in the final 4, he might pull it off.

It would be crazy though if he wins it and you see KY's Mr. Basketball not go to college on a scholarship.
PC_You_Know Wrote:It hurts but I still think Sewell ends up winning it because he did play a lot tougher opponents than Elisha did, but you never know, if Valley makes it to Saturday, even if they lose in the final 4, he might pull it off.

It would be crazy though if he wins it and you see KY's Mr. Basketball not go to college on a scholarship.

yea, no doubt bout playing tougher opponents.. thats for sure lol.

.but, No Sewell means Justice could steal the spotlight down at Rupp if Valley makes it to the state tourny. Sewell has it right now,. but if Justice wants it, he will have to stay hot down at rupp to get it..

but in the end. I too still think Sewell takes it!!
If Shelby Valley makes it to the semi's in the state or finals, Elisha Justice will be the next Mr. Basketball in the state of KY.
When do they announce the winner?
I think EJ wins Mr. Basketball.
Do we really need 10 threads for this subject? give it a rest.

We'll find out who wins it here in 2 or 3 weeks but I can promise you it's more than a 2 horse race.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Do we really need 10 threads for this subject? give it a rest.

We'll find out who wins it here in 2 or 3 weeks but I can promise you it's more than a 2 horse race.
Probably right, yet none of the horses will hail from Holmes.
EJ has a strong resume!
PC_You_Know Wrote:It hurts but I still think Sewell ends up winning it because he did play a lot tougher opponents than Elisha did, but you never know, if Valley makes it to Saturday, even if they lose in the final 4, he might pull it off.

I don't see a Kentucky Mr. Basketball being a walk-on. I might be wrong. When was the last time a college walk-on won Mr. Basketball, anybody know?
Ricardo Johnson is still very much in the hunt especially if Holmes makes another run to State Finals.
Probably Sewell. Even though they lost in region, he is very good. Justice is also extremely talented but I think it comes down to recognition. People know who Justice is, but probably don't get to see him play as much as Sewell.
NYY10 Wrote:yea, no doubt bout playing tougher opponents.. thats for sure lol.

.but, No Sewell means Justice could steal the spotlight down at Rupp if Valley makes it to the state tourny. Sewell has it right now,. but if Justice wants it, he will have to stay hot down at rupp to get it..

but in the end. I too still think Sewell takes it!!

I agree. I think that EJ comes in the the tourney with the pressure on him to perform. I think he will step it up and show the state some great images and moments. Bring it all home EJ!
If Trinity makes it to state i say Sewell easily would have took it. But depending how much of a run Valley makes I think Justice will be the next Mr. Basketball. A good showing at Rupp again this year will give it to him.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:If Trinity makes it to state i say Sewell easily would have took it. But depending how much of a run Valley makes I think Justice will be the next Mr. Basketball. A good showing at Rupp again this year will give it to him.

Trinity got beat last night, their out
kywldcat01 Wrote:Do we really need 10 threads for this subject? give it a rest.

I only saw 1. And what are we giving a rest to? Asking who is going to be Mr. Basketball considering that is announced in a mere few weeks.
The Sniper Wrote:EJ has a strong resume!
The best in my opinion!
Befor Trinity lost to Male, I would have said Sewell. The longer Shelby Valley plays, the better chances for Justice.
Justice and Sewell are obvious favorites in the running. Others should be, for instance, Chad jackson from Scott Co. He is a great player. I think it will come down to how long Justice and Shelby valley plays.
If Justice gets SV to the Sweet 16, he has to be considered the front runner. With him setting the state record for steals, he has a leg up on most. This coming from a non-EKY person Smile
OU812 Wrote:Probably right, yet none of the horses will hail from Holmes.

Elijah Pittman is just as much in the race as any other candidate.

He's averaging 18 ppg and 8 rpg, while also playing against one of the toughest schedules in the state. (btw, those state are very similar to Darius Miller's his senior year)

If Holmes makes a deep post season run again, anything can happen.

The player ALOT of you are overlooking is Aaron Watts of McCreary Central. He simply does it all for his team at both ends of the floor but gets overlooked because he plays in the 12th region which doesn't get much media attention.
Stardust Wrote:If Justice gets SV to the Sweet 16, he has to be considered the front runner. With him setting the state record for steals, he has a leg up on most. This coming from a non-EKY person Smile

We don't get much credit outside of the mountains....
thanks Stardust:Clap:
kywldcat01 Wrote:The player ALOT of you are overlooking is Aaron Morris of McCreary Central. He simply does it all for his team at both ends of the floor but gets overlooked because he plays in the 12th region which doesn't get much media attention.

Aaron Watts.
Elisha is only a walk-on THIS YEAR IF PITINO doesn't haven't a scholly available. He hasn't ruled one out this year. He will be on scholarship starting next year, so stop the, he's only a walk-on crap. He was never meant to be a walk-on, therefore, he is referred to as a preferred walk on status, when he is mentioned by Louisville.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I only saw 1. And what are we giving a rest to? Asking who is going to be Mr. Basketball considering that is announced in a mere few weeks.

Every other day there's a different "Justice v Sewell" debate going on in different threads.

It gets old.

We could very well end up not seeing either of these two win the award.

Let's not forget this is one of the deepest senior classes in the history of Kentucky high school basketball.

Chiles or Jones of Ballard could very well sneak up and take this award. They play on the best team in the state and also are putting up similar numbers to Justice and Sewell.

Mr. Basketball is WIDE OPEN right now, regardless of what a few media members say. A good showing at the sweet 16 or state championship run can change a writer's mind quickly.
alfus21 Wrote:Aaron Watts.
Is that the guy that is very good at baseball as well?
mrsportsfan Wrote:Elisha is only a walk-on THIS YEAR IF PITINO doesn't haven't a scholly available. He hasn't ruled one out this year. He will be on scholarship starting next year, so stop the, he's only a walk-on crap. He was never meant to be a walk-on, therefore, he is referred to as a preferred walk on status, when he is mentioned by Louisville.

Until he receives a scholarship offer, he is still a walk on.

Pitino is recruiting Blackshear in the c/o 2011 and they have Siva already.

Where is this scholarship going to come from?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Is that the guy that is very good at baseball as well?

Yes...Watts is receiving D1 interest in baseball, football, and basketball.

As good as he is as basketball, that may not even be his best sport.

He is an extremely talented baseball player. He is hands down the best athlete in KY, IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3