Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refs
zebra'seyes Wrote:Sorry that I can't spell guys! I think people would be surprised about rules and what we call and don't call in general. We attend about 3 clinics a year plus all of our local meetings. This brings me to the money issue. I attend 1 meeting in london, 1 at simon kenton, and 1 local plus about 8 local meetings a year, then I pay KHSAA their dues and our assoc our dues, then I buy equipment all for $75 a Friday night----That is BIG MONEY! You can make money doing this but you have to do it by doing Little League, Middle School, Freshman, JV, and High School but mainly for the LOVE if the game. Also, I would encourage anyone to get involved, especially if they think they can do better!!!

You need to go back to refereein schoo!!!
zebra'seyes Wrote:Sorry that I can't spell guys! I think people would be surprised about rules and what we call and don't call in general. We attend about 3 clinics a year plus all of our local meetings. This brings me to the money issue. I attend 1 meeting in london, 1 at simon kenton, and 1 local plus about 8 local meetings a year, then I pay KHSAA their dues and our assoc our dues, then I buy equipment all for $75 a Friday night----That is BIG MONEY! You can make money doing this but you have to do it by doing Little League, Middle School, Freshman, JV, and High School but mainly for the LOVE if the game. Also, I would encourage anyone to get involved, especially if they think they can do better!!!

Ten Pin Spare Wrote:You need to go back to refereein schoo!!!

LOL = Lots of Laughs Ha! Ha! Ha!
Alright, I did not come here to get this kind of abuse. I can get this at home without being on the website!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh, you are just getting a lot of collective venting. I have seen bad calls this year and I have seen good ones that went against my team. That's life. But more troubling is not knowing the rules after you make a call. I think I am seeing more of that. Making a call is a judgment. After the call, judgment should end. it's rules - black and white.
Fans, Coaches, PA announcers and Radio announcers need to realize that there is a difference between highschool and college rules. I have heard comments "like that shouldn't be pass interference the ball was not catchable".
Also no where in the rulebook does it say, if a player runs more than 5 yards downfield a holding should be called. But everytime a player runs more than 5 yards downfield someone is yelling they are holding.

Referees are human and mistakes will be made. They can get 9 calls correct and miss one and be accused of cheating. If people think like that, then why dont they accuse their players of " throwing" a game when they fumble or drop a pass?

As far as pay goes it is around $75.00 a game. For a two hour game that is $37.50 an hour. Sounds like great money. But when you consider you leave the house at 5:00 and get back home at 11:00. Spend $15.00 in gas to get there and back the pay is not all that great.
I heard from a ref (could be wrong) that every ref is graded on their performance at every game, some of the higher up officials actually watch game film and grade them. the better grade you get, the more playoff games you get.
As a matter of fact, I have a referee supervisor sitting behind me at the Bell County/Alcoa game. He kept notes throughout the game on all the officials and went to speak to the referees at halftime and again after the game. As we chatted, it was obvious to me that he was paying complete attention to the efforts of all the officials on the field and didn't miss ONE THING! It appeared to me KY has a good program in place to supervise their officials and to teach/instruct them during and after games.
i think to err is only human.. i think that they will miss things from time to time.. but sometimes missing things only makes one team more mad and thats usually when things go bad.. but other than that I think for the most part they do the best job they can.
^This thread is ridiculous. It was started because of sour grapes, not because of genuine concern over the officials. Yes, the officials make some questionable calls sometimes but they are human, and I'm definitely not trying to do their job and have a bunch of people hating on me because their kids lost.