Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 3A State Playoffs
phdballer Wrote:Well since you asked Central has 2 of the top 10 players in the state. There have not been updated rankings but in preseason top 10 players Central had the #1 - Tim Patterson and number 6 - Stephon Robinson in the State not just 3A...not to mention Ace Wales who torched Breathitt in the championship game last year as a Freshman and is well on his way to 2000 yards as a Sophomore...he and the Dozier kid who is a two way starter as a Freshman will be in the top 10 players in the state for the next few years to come. I have said it before and I will say it again. If someone is going to knock Central off its perch it better be this year. Their young talent is scary good.

Thanks for the info.....sounds like the Bobcats have their work cut out for them.
CHS3x Wrote:I am a little bias here, King might be out for Central but they have a HB sophomore Anthony Wells. This kid can play. As long as Central can run... they will beat you. Central doesn't lay down at home either, they are a **** good group of kids hungry for victory. I see Central owning this state for some time to come. Recognize who we are. Good luck to all who compete. If you do play Central please bring your doctors to the games. Hits are imminent!

As I remember from last year you guys at Central didn't like getting hit.All you had was speed.
BOBCAT Wrote:As I remember from last year you guys at Central didn't like getting hit.All you had was speed.
Yes but bundles of it. Central is a well oiled machine and their schedule will have them ready for the carpet once again.:dontthink
we got everyone back this week
Breathitt will destroy Central if they play this year. Channing Fugate is the best football player in the state. The Bobcats will destroy everything that is put in front of them for the rest of the post season.
Flashman Wrote:Breathitt will destroy Central if they play this year. Channing Fugate is the best football player in the state. The Bobcats will destroy everything that is put in front of them for the rest of the post season.
Wishful thinking Flashman. I am as big a Breathitt fan as there is out there, but I must admit they are simply not that good this season. Are they as good as the other teams in 3A, yes. They can win it all, but they will not run over anyone. I think it is improbable but not impossible with the current state of 3A football.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

F.N.L. Wrote:Yes but bundles of it. Central is a well oiled machine and their schedule will have them ready for the carpet once again.:dontthink
Giving up 36 points against a team of the caliber of their first round opponent shows they are not a "...well oiled machine...." Central is as good as any of several mediocre 3A teams and may be the best of the worst in 2009.

CHS3x Wrote:I am a little bias here, King might be out for Central but they have a HB sophomore Anthony Wells. This kid can play. As long as Central can run... they will beat you. Central doesn't lay down at home either, they are a **** good group of kids hungry for victory. I see Central owning this state for some time to come. Recognize who we are. Good luck to all who compete. If you do play Central please bring your doctors to the games. Hits are imminent!

Hitting works both ways..... Maybe there should be a Dr. on BOTH sides of the field??? What do ya think? LOL....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
CHS3x sooner or later somebody in 3a will figure out a way to beat Central and their run of championships will be over. You can't win them every year.
BOBCAT Wrote:As I remember from last year you guys at Central didn't like getting hit.All you had was speed.
central sure didnt like getting hit by the country boy's from breathitt. they fumbled the ball alot but was able to get control of the ball after they fumbled.
Quote:central sure didnt like getting hit by the country boy's from breathitt. they fumbled the ball alot but was able to get control of the ball after they fumbled.

us country boys love to hit
here is a good one what movie is this from since we are talking about hitting

"My family just moved here and somebody said football so i came running, i figured if i have to go to school i might as well hit somebody while i am at it."
bobcatlunatik Wrote:central sure didnt like getting hit by the country boy's from breathitt. they fumbled the ball alot but was able to get control of the ball after they fumbled.

You Breathitt fans are cracking me up. You are talking smack about a team who beat you 40-19, calling out their physicality when they gained over 300 rushing yards and scored 5 rushing TD's.

No offense, but how hard you hit is very overrated when you can't even catch them to hit them in the first place.
The team is 100% for the first time all season. Everyone is healthy. Breathitt can make the necessary adjustments defensively to stop Central. Channing, Haddix and the rest of the Bobcats will be playing on a different level for the remainder of the season. The passing game will be fluid with both starting wide receivers back from injury. Freshman players Fugate and Trent are playing exceptional football too.

I think the Bobcat's best offensive set is with Trent at quarterback and Haddix and Fugate lined up at halfback. Haddix has also been throwing the ball well and has around 1000 yards rushing this season.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Giving up 36 points against a team of the caliber of their first round opponent shows they are not a "...well oiled machine...." Central is as good as any of several mediocre 3A teams and may be the best of the worst in 2009.

Maybe they should inscribe that on the inside of their rings should they happen to bring a Third Straight Championship back to West Louisville. "3 peat but were just the best of the worst."
The Bobcats will be wearing those rings this year.
I am sure that Western Hills, Henry County, Union County, Breathitt and Belfry would all like a shot at Central. With the exception of Western Hills all have had their shot and despite what the fans say on here the coaching staff at everyone of those schools would like to see someone else knock them off the perch. There will be no greater feeling than getting a win on a friday and later that day or as they drink their coffee and read over the scores from the night before and see that Central was beat. Should they get beat no one will wake up and ask how they allowed xyz to the beat them because everyone has acknowledged that they have no where near the talent of the last 2 state championship teams...I do believe that this will be Centrals best coaching job should they pull off the 3 peat. I also know that there is a lot of trash talk about a team that is 20-0 vs 3A opponents the last 3 years. They're the only team in 3A that can boast about having never lost a game in 3A. However it is they are doing it, it works for them.
You are right on, phdballer. There are several teams who would like a shot at Central. Maybe they would like to see somebody else knock them off their perch, as you put it, but maybe they would rather take their shot at the best. And Central has proven over the last 3 seasons, they are the best team in 3A.

20-0 against 3A competition is pretty impressive. I'd like to see that stat for all the contenders over the past 3 seasons. Belfry is 21-2 against 3A since the realignment, with one of those losses coming to Central in the 2007 title game.

The 5 seasons prior to the realignment, Belfry was 2A. From 2002-2006, the Pirates were 48-4 against 2A competition.

That means that from 2002-2009, Belfry is 69-6 against teams in their class. Of those 6 losses, 5 came very late in the playoffs and the other one was to Sheldon Clark in the 2006 regular season.

Losses: 2006 Regular Season; 2002 Regional Championship; 2005, 2006, 2008 Semifinals; 2007 Finals.
having seen central up close and personal the last 2 years,i can tell you they are a good team.they have size,they have speed at every position,they have good coaching,and they have swagger.i am not a fan of central and i think they should be playing in 4a but as the saying goes,to be the best you have to beat the best....guess what,central is the best team in 3a.i read all this stuff on here week in and week out and it really cracks me up.this idea that central doesnt like to be hit is ridiculous.in fact i think its the opposite,they love to be hit and it fires them up even more.the first round game against spencer i saw the 3 biggest hits i have ever seen in a high school game and it was all in the first half.tim patterson is a flat out bona fide D1 linebacker who will knock you out.Patterson knocked a spencer player out on kickoff and broke the boys helmet in the process.
as far as their QB troubles,they have none.they have 2 capable back ups and as long as ace wells is in the backfield they WILL win state again.i am sure the teams from the east are good teams,but one thing you cannot duplicate is jefferson co. speed.just ask anderson county..
Flashman Wrote:The Bobcats will be wearing those rings this year.

:dontthinknope not this year
Buc-a-roo Wrote:That means that from 2002-2009, Belfry is 69-6 against teams in their class. Of those 6 losses, 5 came very late in the playoffs and the other one was to Sheldon Clark in the 2006 regular season.

Losses: 2006 Regular Season; 2002 Regional Championship; 2005, 2006, 2008 Semifinals; 2007 Finals.

Of those 6 losses:
- 3 came to the eventual State Champion, 2 other came to the eventual Runner-Up
- 3 losses came by 6 points or fewer
Flashman Wrote:Breathitt will destroy Central if they play this year. Channing Fugate is the best football player in the state. The Bobcats will destroy everything that is put in front of them for the rest of the post season.

this is so not true..breathitt is not a dominating force as everyone thinks they are...no offense to the mountain team but you dont have the speed that us east boys and northen kentucky men have....i would really like to see breathitt coming into even Henry county and run becuase for fugate you have besides patterson one of the best linebackers in the state in erick butler. and offensively there a dominating force that will put ur big boys on the oxygen tank and they have three D1 athletes all on the line in senior Chris Price and Juniors Darien ingram and his counter foe Dylan Doll which i do believe is a monster on defense as well tieing the state record for tackles in a game!...there just to big and there defense is just to tough so this doesnt just portray to breathitt this is the state! bc Henry is playing very well so dont count them out! i do belive they played SMASH MOUTH and ran for 425 yards last game! and there a passing team! that is going to the big boys up from #'s price54,ingram55,doll52! watch out!
[quote=EKUAlum05]You Breathitt fans are cracking me up. You are talking smack about a team who beat you 40-19, calling out their physicality when they gained over 300 rushing yards and scored 5 rushing TD's.

No offense, but how hard you hit is very overrated when you can't even catch them to hit them in the first place.[/QWE are living in the present;not the past like some on here.WE are ready and WE are the team to beat.PROVE US WRONG.:argue:
Flashman Wrote:The team is 100% for the first time all season. Everyone is healthy. Breathitt can make the necessary adjustments defensively to stop Central. Channing, Haddix and the rest of the Bobcats will be playing on a different level for the remainder of the season. The passing game will be fluid with both starting wide receivers back from injury. Freshman players Fugate and Trent are playing exceptional football too.

I think the Bobcat's best offensive set is with Trent at quarterback and Haddix and Fugate lined up at halfback. Haddix has also been throwing the ball well and has around 1000 yards rushing this season.

Don't forget Shouse;and Cok and Pelfry and a bunch more....Little....alot have stepped up BIG.
BOBCAT Wrote:[quote=EKUAlum05]You Breathitt fans are cracking me up. You are talking smack about a team who beat you 40-19, calling out their physicality when they gained over 300 rushing yards and scored 5 rushing TD's.

No offense, but how hard you hit is very overrated when you can't even catch them to hit them in the first place.[/QWE are living in the present;not the past like some on here.WE are ready and WE are the team to beat.PROVE US WRONG.:argue:

OK..lets discuss Breathitt in the present.

-They have lost 5 games including Sheldon Clark... a 3 seed in their own district.

-Their most impressive victory is either a 7-3 winover 1A Hazard at home, or a 58-24 win over 5A Mercer County (a 1 win team)

-Breathitt has been painfully inconsistent and their newfound confidence has came after they have navigated through by far the easiest part of their schedule, a stretch that at least 10-12 other 3A schools would have similar results during.

- Against the best teams on their schedule (Pburg, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, LCA, and Perry Central) Breathitt went a resounding 0-5 and lost each game by an average score of 33-15 (3 TD's).

Yet, this is the team who is being anointed as the King of all 3A Football and will "dominate everyone including Central" and beat everyone in the East by at least 2 TD's?
:rockon:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:[quote=BOBCAT]

OK..lets discuss Breathitt in the present.

-They have lost 5 games including Sheldon Clark... a 3 seed in their own district.

-Their most impressive victory is either a 7-3 winover 1A Hazard at home, or a 58-24 win over 5A Mercer County (a 1 win team)

-Breathitt has been painfully inconsistent and their newfound confidence has came after they have navigated through by far the easiest part of their schedule, a stretch that at least 10-12 other 3A schools would have similar results during.

- Against the best teams on their schedule (Pburg, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, LCA, and Perry Central) Breathitt went a resounding 0-5 and lost each game by an average score of 33-15 (3 TD's).

Yet, this is the team who is being anointed as the King of all 3A Football and will "dominate everyone including Central" and beat everyone in the East by at least 2 TD's?
amen ekualum05 they are not ready for the speed of central high school or matter of fact any team from the east imo i think that they play a cupcake schedule with a bunch of BIG slow country boys not saying theres anything wrong with that becuase that is a good thing and Henry has that but you have to balance that out with speed and no offense to fugate bc we all know he is a stud but your football and our football are two diffrent worlds! u try to smash mouth and we just run past you and play lights out!...and IMO central is good Henry is good were all balanced central is the favorite by far but dont leave anyone out becuase SOME PEOPLE LIVE TO BE A CHAMPION AND GRIND EVERYDAY TO GET IT...OTHERS PRETEND!...good luck to all the EAST teams GO yellowjakets and wildcats!:rockon:[
Breathitt also has the best coach in the state with Mike Holcomb. Teams are just simply not able to beat the Bobcats over and over year after year. Holcomb is a master at making adjustments and coming up with the perfect game plan and he has the talent to do it with. Everyone is healthy so let the games begin. This game against Garrard Co. Fri night will prove that Breathitt is functioning on all cylinders and ready for the "big boys" like Somerset, Belfry, and Central.:Thumbs:
Flashman Wrote:Breathitt also has the best coach in the state with Mike Holcomb. Teams are just simply not able to beat the Bobcats over and over year after year. Holcomb is a master at making adjustments and coming up with the perfect game plan and he has the talent to do it with. Everyone is healthy so let the games begin. This game against Garrard Co. Fri night will prove that Breathitt is functioning on all cylinders and ready for the "big boys" like Somerset, Belfry, and Central.:Thumbs:

Once again... Holcomb is one heckuva coach, but this is completely subjective. Phillip Haywood has a pretty impressive resume himself and may very well end up retiring as the State's All-Time Winningest Coach.

Additionally... Breathitt is playing Garrard County... no offense to the Golden Lions but this is still not quantifiable as a "good win" if Breathitt is victorious.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Once again... Holcomb is one heckuva coach, but this is completely subjective. Phillip Haywood has a pretty impressive resume himself and may very well end up retiring as the State's All-Time Winningest Coach.

Additionally... Breathitt is playing Garrard County... no offense to the Golden Lions but this is still not quantifiable as a "good win" if Breathitt is victorious.
The way Breathitt has played this season, I feel any win against even sub-par teams is a good win....lol

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The way Breathitt has played this season, I feel any win against even sub-par teams is a good win....lol

:Clap:.. well played Brahma