Taylor Co. @ Estill Co.

Wayne Co. @ Breathitt Co.

Powell Co. @ Garrard Co.

East Ridge @ Mason Co.

Fleming Co. @ Pike Co. Central

Lewis Co. @ Belfry

Sheldon Clark @ Russell

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2009/fb3a2009.htm
No real standout in 3a this year in my own opinion the usual powers are around but no team is way ahead of the pack.
The Central invitational tournament is set to begin....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Central invitational tournament is set to begin....

:lmao: much agreed
Central is way ahead of the pack. The east is up for grabs but nobody in 3A will come close to Central.
Central out of the west... its between Mason County, Somerset and Belfry for the east.

Central wins regardless though.
FBALL Wrote:Central is way ahead of the pack. The east is up for grabs but nobody in 3A will come close to Central.

Agreed, It'll be Somerset and Belfry for semis in the east....If all of Belfrys starters are healthy and playing 100% throught playoffs after the first round...If not, then it may be Sheldon Clark and Somerset insteadConfusedhh:
Everyone wants to talk about Somerset but looking at their schedule I don't see where they are so great. They have an undefeated season but In my opinion if Belfry or Breathitt would have played the same schedule they would be undefeated as well. I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when Breathitt rolls down to Somerset and leaves with a "W".
Cat Daddy Wrote:Everyone wants to talk about Somerset but looking at their schedule I don't see where they are so great. They have an undefeated season but In my opinion if Belfry or Breathitt would have played the same schedule they would be undefeated as well. I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when Breathitt rolls down to Somerset and leaves with a "W".

I won't be shocked.I'll be shocked if we aint playing in Bowling Green.I believe Mason is the team I fear most.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I won't be shocked.I'll be shocked if we aint playing in Bowling Green.I believe Mason is the team I fear most.

Mason County lost there QB for the playoffs
It sounds to me most people have thrown in the towel on their hometown team how about everyone bow down to central and give up now and save them selves the embarassment i know that they are very talented but crazy things happen in the playoffs dont count anyone out yet
Union upsets Central for the state championship.. in the semi's from the west.
I dont much at all about Union do they have the speed to play with central?
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I won't be shocked.I'll be shocked if we aint playing in Bowling Green.I believe Mason is the team I fear most.

lol I'll be shocked if you are playing in Bowling Green, Mason is not to fear, they may be 10-0 but they havent had the toughest schedule eithier like Somerset, but riding a 10-0 record will sure make you play a whole lot harder to keep it perfect, if Breathitt has anyone to fear it should be Somerset, if they can beat Somerset i'll give them the nod to beat whoever comes out of Region 4 though
justacasualfan Wrote:i dont much at all about union do they have the speed to play with central?

no,no,no,and no they dont
Central lost their QB for the playoffs. They have a Senior WR who is a back-up. However the last time they Started a QB other than King it was a Freshman. I look for them to be a little more one demensional. I think if there is a year to get them this will be it. They only have 13 seniors this year and I think at this point only 5 of them are starters and all 5 of them start both ways.
phdballer Wrote:Central lost their QB for the playoffs. They have a Senior WR who is a back-up. However the last time they Started a QB other than King it was a Freshman. I look for them to be a little more one demensional. I think if there is a year to get them this will be it. They only have 13 seniors this year and I think at this point only 5 of them are starters and all 5 of them start both ways.

You mean Mason Co. right? or did Central lose there QB as well?
the watcher Wrote:You mean Mason Co. right? or did Central lose there QB as well?

He is talking about Central. The poster who said this typically has good info on Lou. Central.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He is talking about Central. The poster who said this typically has good info on Lou. Central.

Ohh alright I wasn't sure where Mason Co. lost there QB as well, I thought he was refering to Mason, well that's lame, Belfry might just have another chance to put another championship trophy in the case instead of a runner up this year then lol TongueirateSho
Strikeout King Wrote:Mason County lost there QB for the playoffs

My fears are gone.Hate to hear that for the kid though.
Interesting news i hear about centrals qb how do you think this will affect the outcome of the playoffs is this just a minor setback or does this injury change centrals whole philosphy and game plan??
I am hearing that this is not a great Central team.
the watcher Wrote:Ohh alright I wasn't sure where Mason Co. lost there QB as well, I thought he was refering to Mason, well that's lame, Belfry might just have another chance to put another championship trophy in the case instead of a runner up this year then lol TongueirateSho

With the PIRATES getting healthy who knows:redboxer:
JustACasualFan Wrote:Interesting news i hear about centrals qb how do you think this will affect the outcome of the playoffs is this just a minor setback or does this injury change centrals whole philosphy and game plan??

if this is true, centrals offense will not be the same without King, they will have no passing game, no lighting fast QB to make ridiculous plays. no lighting speed left in the back field. Central is about half as good offensively without him and their defense will decide their fate this year.
it dont matter who goes mason belfry breathitt somerset....it dont matter..central will clobber any team that stands in their way...central is way ahead of the pack...the reason why their record isnt any good is because they are palying 5a and 6a teams...they were playing them tough too..
what Wrote:it dont matter who goes mason belfry breathitt somerset....it dont matter..central will clobber any team that stands in their way...central is way ahead of the pack...the reason why their record isnt any good is because they are palying 5a and 6a teams...they were playing them tough too..

If Central's QB is indeed out for the season and he makes up a huge part of there offense then they may not be as good as what they have been in playoffs the last two years
UCFB Wrote:if this is true, centrals offense will not be the same without King, they will have no passing game, no lighting fast QB to make ridiculous plays. no lighting speed left in the back field. Central is about half as good offensively without him and their defense will decide their fate this year.

If Diaz Bolden is still their backup it really won't make alot of difference.He is just as good.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Everyone wants to talk about Somerset but looking at their schedule I don't see where they are so great. They have an undefeated season but In my opinion if Belfry or Breathitt would have played the same schedule they would be undefeated as well. I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when Breathitt rolls down to Somerset and leaves with a "W".

Yeah i would have to agree with you! I think both Belfry or Breathitt could go to state. Belfry is imo the best 3A team in EKY, i think that they're better than Somerset easy! It wouldn't suprise me at all if Belfry beats Somerset if and when they meet. Also Breathitt another good team, i truthfully think that if he really wants to Channing Fugate could put Breathitt Co on his shoulders and carry them to State also! I wish the best of luck to Somerset but they're really gonna have to toughen up quick if they wanna get past either of those teams!
I think Channing, Haddix ,and a few key senior and other players that usually don't get much credit and will lead Breathitt to the state 3A championship this year. I take Breathitt over anybody that is put in front of them for the rest of this year. The season just now begins for the Bobcats. People are going to see why UT offered Fugate a scholarship. Haddix will leave a lasting impression as well.

It is finally time to let the "Big Horse" run.:rockon:
I just looked at Somerset's schedule and didn't see nothing that impressive other than a couple of blowout's of some bad teams, so I for one was thinking that they would steamroll to the championship game, but after seeing their schedule I would have to think otherwise. As far as the western part goes don't be surprised if Henry Co. don't knock off Central in the playoffs.