Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Letcher County Central Cougars
25.64%
Whitley County Colonels
74.36%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher County Central @ Whitley County 10/9
No Regrets1 Wrote:LCC is done. its sad really, if you guys had any idea the kind of atmosphere there is at each practice. I have never heard such negative things come from all the coaches (people of Letcher county you know what im talking about). Someone questioned LCC's discipline, it takes all their discipline to not go after the coaches, and their heart? It takes all their heart just to stay on the team and suit up on Friday nights.
As for my thoughts on the game, LCC comes out flat once again and Whitley rolls big time, LCC 14-W.C.-35

So very true.....zero morale......great group of kids, sorry bunch of coaches, it will be disastrous when coach Howard leaves.
Whitley by 10. Good luck to both teams.
No Regrets1 Wrote:LCC is done. its sad really, if you guys had any idea the kind of atmosphere there is at each practice. I have never heard such negative things come from all the coaches (people of Letcher county you know what im talking about). Someone questioned LCC's discipline, it takes all their discipline to not go after the coaches, and their heart? It takes all their heart just to stay on the team and suit up on Friday nights.
As for my thoughts on the game, LCC comes out flat once again and Whitley rolls big time, LCC 14-W.C.-35

I agree that there appears that some people have issues with some of the new coaches, but discipline problems didn't just start this year.
You people have no idea about the coaches, they cant play the game for the kids. Lets see drop passes, missed blocks, missed tackels, late hits. The problem with the team is they have all the talent in the world to go to state but they dont have two things. One is heart and two is they do not play as a team they are what about me attitude. Coaching is not the problem they have as good as a staff in the STATE. You people need to get a clue that you know anything about. Be a true cougar fan support the program not just want you want to, be a true fan not a critic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cougarpower Wrote:You people have no idea about the coaches, they cant play the game for the kids. Lets see drop passes, missed blocks, missed tackels, late hits. The problem with the team is they have all the talent in the world to go to state but they dont have two things. One is heart and two is they do not play as a team they are what about me attitude. Coaching is not the problem they have as good as a staff in the STATE. You people need to get a clue that you know anything about. Be a true cougar fan support the program not just want you want to, be a true fan not a critic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying cougarpower. There is a lot of things that is missing from this team, and I wouldn't spend $13.00 a home game if I wasn't a fan. The problem is the call selection during the Harlan Co game INSIDE the redzone. When you have 1st and goal on the 8, you have 4 times to score, and to me a option is a trick play. We should have handed it off four times or let Logan run it in like he is capable of doing. I do also agree that the players aren't hungry and there number one problem is there mouth. Silly penalties and late hits have killed this team. We are probably three plays from being 6-0 this year. I feel in the Belfry game we couldn't hold on to the football, and if I am not mistaken one of the fumbles was on a option play. Kickoffs need to be work, and we need to give the ball to Brown, and Collins more inside the red zone. I know that a lof of you don't like the fact that I call out the coaches, but to me if we can criticize the UK coach it is ok, but we can't the high school coaches. Both the coaches and the players are the reason we lost those games. Whitley Co will tear us apart if we are not careful. We need to hold on the ball, establish the run like we are suppose to, and don't try the fancy trick crap that we have seen. It is only going to work a few times. I am sorry if anyone doesn't agree with me, but this is my true opinion. And to be honest I feel like we should have the right to be a critic. What would happen if we was happy about our team all the time no matter what they did. I have been a true fan from day one. I just feel like this team doesn't want it as bad as the team two years ago. They need to get back to basics. They have more problems than the Whitley Co game if they don't start playing like the team I know they are capable of playing. Clay Co and North Laurel are teams that are not winnable games, and we need to approach the next three games like we are in a playoff hunt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpower Wrote:You people have no idea about the coaches, they cant play the game for the kids. Lets see drop passes, missed blocks, missed tackels, late hits. The problem with the team is they have all the talent in the world to go to state but they dont have two things. One is heart and two is they do not play as a team they are what about me attitude. Coaching is not the problem they have as good as a staff in the STATE. You people need to get a clue that you know anything about. Be a true cougar fan support the program not just want you want to, be a true fan not a critic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Missed blocks and tackles are from a coaching deficit. As for the heart and the team play, that also has to be instilled in players by the coaching staff. You will not find more support for a team than in this booster club, parents, and community. Do you think that the kids are to blame for the lack of discipline, lack of teamwork? Do you think that they have worked all Summer and all Winter in the weight room to watch their season go up in smoke because a bunch of grown men couldn't bring them together as a team? The coaches might be the best that money can buy but if you can't relate to the kids you are just another yelling, screaming, idiot on the sideline. I assure you we are true cougar fans.......we just know when things are not right.
Then why arent all you fans coaching the team?????????????? Didn't think so! The coaches can only do so much, you must not no much about football to say its the coaches fault, but they are always the ones to blame. If we where 6-0 would that be the coaches fault or the kids because we are three or four plays away from being 6-0. Stay home if all you can do is complain be a true fan $13 a game is not much to pay to watch these young men play a game remember its just a game you can not win them all!!!!!!!
You should've stayed in Powell County because we expect better for our guys. You are not worthy of working under Hillard Howard but hopefully if you learn anything from him it will be how to be a players coach, not just one player but all on the team. It is more than a game here in the mountains, it is who you are when you are a football player, its a reason to hold your head up high, to do well in school and to work hard, something to be proud of winning or losing, its a brotherhood. Cougar fans will remain long after you are gone.
I am not complaining about paying $13 for the game, my point is if I am not a fan then I wouldn't go to the game, get on here and congrats when we win, and even when we loose, but I am still going to point out things, that is the nature of a human being.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Whitley County by 10
I would say by 20 but I think LCC is gonna fight after the tough loss to Harlan
Wonder if we will see a more ground oriented offense, or will we still have some air attack?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Not from Powell Co I live in Jenkins and have lived here all my life. Have supported Letcher Co all my life. You need to get a clue lets support our team and just get along for the kids.
LCC 21
Whitley 16
LCC needs to learn that they cant jusy show up to a game, they have to come ready to play every week.....I am about positive that everyone on that team over looked Harlan because of how bad they got beat by Whitley.....And my opinion its both the coaches and the players faults for not playing as a team....Everyone needs to chill out and just keep supporting your cougars because i do not think they are done for this season....In fact I know they're not...Theyll be in the playoffs definitley
UKfrenzy Wrote:LCC 21
Whitley 16
LCC needs to learn that they cant jusy show up to a game, they have to come ready to play every week.....I am about positive that everyone on that team over looked Harlan because of how bad they got beat by Whitley.....And my opinion its both the coaches and the players faults for not playing as a team....Everyone needs to chill out and just keep supporting your cougars because i do not think they are done for this season....In fact I know they're not...Theyll be in the playoffs definitley

Good post and I hope you are correct.
cougarpower Wrote:Then why arent all you fans coaching the team?????????????? Didn't think so! The coaches can only do so much, you must not no much about football to say its the coaches fault, but they are always the ones to blame. If we where 6-0 would that be the coaches fault or the kids because we are three or four plays away from being 6-0. Stay home if all you can do is complain be a true fan $13 a game is not much to pay to watch these young men play a game remember its just a game you can not win them all!!!!!!!

Anger Management?:eyeroll:
Just curious about the $13 per game. Is that because of season tickets, special parking or the cost of a ticket at LCC?
Whitley Co. by 1 td
I dont think LCC is done. Nobody is done till the season is over.
LCC has a tough football team. I think they overlooked Harlan County which is very easy to do in high school football.
This will be a good game, great atmosphere, and only $4 dollars a ticket. lol.
But being serious anything can happen in this district, i just hope Whitley is ready to play come Friday, not taking anything away from Clay because they have a good football team also, but Whitley wasnt ready last Friday and LCC will win this game if they play like they did last week.
In the end Whitley will be ready and win this game.
Whitley in a close one
Tickets are $5.00 at LCC for adults. I don't know where the $13.00 came in.
fbcoachnoitall Wrote:Just curious about the $13 per game. Is that because of season tickets, special parking or the cost of a ticket at LCC?

Me, my wife, and my son to get in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Attitude of coaches is usally a direct reflection of effort put forth by players. I haven't been around this team very much, so I can't give specifics. I do know a lot of these kids very well. Some are great kids and have level heads. There are also some who have continually had problems with discipline for years. ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THAT.The thing that this team has to do is twofold--!) they must decide what they want to accomplish and let nothing get in their way. Until they are on the same page with common goals they will struggle. If they can unite as one, then they can and will be a dangerous foe for anyone. 2) Someone must step to the forefront as a leader. It must be someone who gives 110% in practice, who doesn't ***** and gripe anytime, and most importantly- someone who won't allow the rest of the team to do it either. That person (or persons) must enforce that way of thinking (by whatever means he has to)on his teammates. Then the *****ing, the unnecessary penalties, and the "look at me--I'm a bad a**' attitude will be gone. Coaches have to be respected (whether you like them or not). Life doesn't always pair you with people you like--but it does pair you with the opportunity to make your own situation good or bad. I wish the Cougars nothing but the best . The message I would leave them and their parents with is this. "These coaches have numerous state titles, many played college ball,and they want to WIN". Until you have accomplished part of what these men have done----look yourself in the mirror and ask what you as a player or supporter have done to make this team better. Some will like the reflection they see--others won't.
Could not say it any better.
Great post Windsprint. It is up to the players, and yes sometimes we can be critical of coaches, and tend to forget that the players have to perform. The coaches will take responsibility due to the fact they claim they didn't have them ready to win. The cougars need a leader on offense and defense. Someone who will keep there mouth shut, and a level head. I don't know why we are having so many personal foul penalties. All that is doing is hurting your team and making the individual look bad. Someone is going to have step it up, and coaches can't be afraid of a little confrontation. A drop pass, holding, personal fouls, missing assignments and other little things needs to have accountability. Maybe when this is the game where they come together. I know you can't give specifics, but whatever the problem is, how fixable is it this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Windsprint hit the nail on the head exactly. Coaches put in countless hours, and most of us don't make enough to pay our gas bills from hauling kids to practice. The lack of leadership has been a problem all year. I know the coaches have asked several of the kids to step up, but none have shown the willingness to do so. The team has not played to its potential a game this year, and I can't figure out what the problem is. I hope this week it all comes together, but, when you can figure out how to read the minds of 17 and 18 year olds let me know. The team last year had some great leaders with Banks, Knight and company, and maybe that is what we are missing. I don't think talent is the issue. Just maybe immaturity and the failure to understand that when the final horn sounds it is over for good for most of the kids. Thanks Winsprint for a great post.
You got it Windsprint
Whitley by 9:Clap:
Windsprint Wrote:Attitude of coaches is usally a direct reflection of effort put forth by players. I haven't been around this team very much, so I can't give specifics. I do know a lot of these kids very well. Some are great kids and have level heads. There are also some who have continually had problems with discipline for years. ENOUGH SAID ABOUT THAT.The thing that this team has to do is twofold--!) they must decide what they want to accomplish and let nothing get in their way. Until they are on the same page with common goals they will struggle. If they can unite as one, then they can and will be a dangerous foe for anyone. 2) Someone must step to the forefront as a leader. It must be someone who gives 110% in practice, who doesn't ***** and gripe anytime, and most importantly- someone who won't allow the rest of the team to do it either. That person (or persons) must enforce that way of thinking (by whatever means he has to)on his teammates. Then the *****ing, the unnecessary penalties, and the "look at me--I'm a bad a**' attitude will be gone. Coaches have to be respected (whether you like them or not). Life doesn't always pair you with people you like--but it does pair you with the opportunity to make your own situation good or bad. I wish the Cougars nothing but the best . The message I would leave them and their parents with is this. "These coaches have numerous state titles, many played college ball,and they want to WIN". Until you have accomplished part of what these men have done----look yourself in the mirror and ask what you as a player or supporter have done to make this team better. Some will like the reflection they see--others won't.

I agree 100%
I been looking for a player to step up and lead since the first game of the season. We have a winning team but some players need a winning attitude. Harlan Co. does not have a standout player and neither does LCC! The difference in that game was Harlan Co. had a winning attitude. Many teams get a win and then relish it too much. All week long in practice they as a team are thinking of nothing but how they dominated the last team. You win Friday night you start back at zero Monday because its back to scratch. The next opponent is waiting with a big trap to kill all your momentum and hope. Every time you stand across the line of scrimmage from your opponent you better be on your game. That team standing in front of you is a threat to your hopes and dreams. They want to make fools of you and cause you to feel pain. Its up to you what you do about it!
Hilbily Wrote:I been looking for a player to step up and lead since the first game of the season. We have a winning team but some players need a winning attitude. Harlan Co. does not have a standout player and neither does LCC! The difference in that game was Harlan Co. had a winning attitude. Many teams get a win and then relish it too much. All week long in practice they as a team are thinking of nothing but how they dominated the last team. You win Friday night you start back at zero Monday because its back to scratch. The next opponent is waiting with a big trap to kill all your momentum and hope. Every time you stand across the line of scrimmage from your opponent you better be on your game. That team standing in front of you is a threat to your hopes and dreams. They want to make fools of you and cause you to feel pain. Its up to you what you do about it!

Good post also