•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saunders out at Shelby Valley
Salimander Wrote:What do you think Philip Haywood is doing at Belfry right now..(i.e. now retired 100 day contact and made up job).. so don't go blowin' up at PC as if they are the only school having it done for them..I am sure no Pirate fans are complaining about Haywood getting the same deal.

It would happen at Shelby Valley too if your school's administration would make a commitment to football.

True, but Phillip Haywood had previously taught at Belfry for years. Slightly different than what PCC did.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:True, but Phillip Haywood had previously taught at Belfry for years. Slightly different than what PCC did.

Same deal
Salimander Wrote:Same deal

So all these years John Chapman has been commuting back and forth from Jackson to Pike Central teaching? I didn't realize he was tenured teacher at Pike Central H.S.?
Salimander Wrote:What do you think Philip Haywood is doing at Belfry right now..(i.e. now retired 100 day contact and made up job).. so don't go blowin' up at PC as if they are the only school having it done for them..I am sure no Pirate fans are complaining about Haywood getting the same deal.

It would happen at Shelby Valley too if your school's administration would make a commitment to football.

This is not a Belfry thread but Philip Haywood still continues to do his guidance counselor's job that he has performed for the last 25 years,get your facts straight.
So who do they really want?
new o Wrote:Howard was given free reign at SV but was never involved with the younger kids. He left when he saw there was a great deal of work to do.

Drink it all down--pass it all around.:biggrin:
We drank it and got :thatsfunn
throw deep Wrote:This is not a Belfry thread but Philip Haywood still continues to do his guidance counselor's job that he has performed for the last 25 years,get your facts straight.

Every day? more like 100 days?...no it won't be the same as the last 25 years.
You had to!
SportsKing Wrote:They didn't want to schedule SV because of the fear of getting beat, plain and simple. HailPikeville knows this to be true, but would never admit it though. I would like to place bets with anyone, that after this year(when SV loses 15-16 players to graduation) Pikeville's new coach will try to add SV to it's schedule. Any takers?

Pikeville will never try to add SV to its schedule. Write it down and take it to the bank. They have to play too many weak teams in their district already.
I am pretty sure teams can move up in class. If Pikeville has too many weak teams in class A then try 2A or even 3A.
new o Wrote:I am pretty sure teams can move up in class. If Pikeville has too many weak teams in class A then try 2A or even 3A.

I believe he was insinuating that Valley is a weak team and it wouldn't benefit Pikeville to play Shelby Valley.
SportsKing Wrote:They didn't want to schedule SV because of the fear of getting beat, plain and simple. HailPikeville knows this to be true, but would never admit it though. I would like to place bets with anyone, that after this year(when SV loses 15-16 players to graduation) Pikeville's new coach will try to add SV to it's schedule. Any takers?
Well that shows how much you know doesnt it? Copley had already made the schedule before Ben arrived. Efforts were made to get out of the Boyle Co. game and to schedule either SV or PC in their place for '09. Everything was in place to get out of that game but the administration wanted to honor the commitment because Im sure it made more sense financially to play Boyle in a high profile bowl game and would help us as a team more than going to robinson creek and drubbing Valley. Im not saying I agree with that position but there isnt much I or anyone else can do about it. Its just a funny thing to me that while certain folks were coaching up at Pikeville you were just gushing about how good Pikeville was going to be. But, sometime just after Christmas when certain people were shown the door and another certain person went with them youve been dragging Pikeville through the mud with every breath you take.
jetpilot Wrote:Pikeville will never try to add SV to its schedule. Write it down and take it to the bank. They have to play too many weak teams in their district already.

new o Wrote:I am pretty sure teams can move up in class. If Pikeville has too many weak teams in class A then try 2A or even 3A.

Good retort, new o.

I would fall out of my chair if Pikeville ever tried to move up in class. Some may get on here and complain that Pikeville's schedule has too many weak teams, but deep down they love it. Why would they give up a situation where they are practically guaranteed a district title every year?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well that shows how much you know doesnt it? Copley had already made the schedule before Ben arrived. Efforts were made to get out of the Boyle Co. game and to schedule either SV or PC in their place for '09. Everything was in place to get out of that game but the administration wanted to honor the commitment because Im sure it made more sense financially to play Boyle in a high profile bowl game and would help us as a team more than going to robinson creek and drubbing Valley. Im not saying I agree with that position but there isnt much I or anyone else can do about it. Its just a funny thing to me that while certain folks were coaching up at Pikeville you were just gushing about how good Pikeville was going to be. But, sometime just after Christmas when certain people were shown the door and another certain person went with them youve been dragging Pikeville through the mud with every breath you take.

:notworthy :notworthy
Shelby Valley is rebuilding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
More Cowbell Wrote:Good retort, new o.

I would fall out of my chair if Pikeville ever tried to move up in class. Some may get on here and complain that Pikeville's schedule has too many weak teams, but deep down they love it. Why would they give up a situation where they are practically guaranteed a district title every year?

Winning a district title is not even on the radar of being a goal of Pikeville fans. We think a lot bigger than that. When was the last time you heard a Pikeville fan brag about winning a district title (or even a ton of them)? Like NEVER. Come on.:thatsfunn
cougarpride08 Wrote:Shelby Valley is rebuilding.

Agreed.
jetpilot Wrote:Winning a district title is not even on the radar of being a goal of Pikeville fans. We think a lot bigger than that. When was the last time you heard a Pikeville fan brag about winning a district title (or even a ton of the:Thumbs: m)? Like NEVER. Come on.:thatsfunn

:Thumbs:
I have heard that Pikeville may be coming to the passing League at valley tonight....
trufan Wrote:For all bashing SV football. First of all, football has never been the top sport in the Valley and probably never will be. They have their seasons when they have enough talent to compete with other teams in their district. These seasons are few and far between, however they do happen and if you are lucky enough to be assoiciated with the team during those times then you can have wins. There were a couple of those in the 90's, 99 in particular. The last couple of years, you have had some very talented players and taking nothing away from Saunders whom I consider was a good coach, just about anyone could have accomplished what he did. Greg Napier was a good coach, however he came along in the lean years and even if HH had been the head coach, he couldn't have had a better record than Greg did, I don't care how many championships he had at Pikeville, I didn't see one of those players wearing the blue and white of SV. Ever who coaches SV next year will have a good season and without a doubt, make the playoffs. After that you are going to need someone who is willing to commit to the younger kids and this area, be willing to accept the fact that you are going to have bad seasons but still be involved in this community and make this a sport where the kids grow as players as well as into respectable adults.

You are partially right. Valley will ALWAYS be a basketball school. I graduated form SV in 2007, and left Virgie in 2003. Virgie's football program was dominate in my late years at Virgie, and my early years at Valley - yet Valley's football program was far behind the caliber one would expect with such talent at a feeder school. The problem at Valley isn't necessarily getting a certain coach, but persuading players (and maybe more importantly players' parents) that they can play both basketball and football. While I was at Valley, players either had to choose footbal or basketball - and its a no brainer which sport they chose. The administration often looked down on players that played both sports. While somewhat understandable (could be argued that playing both sports would interfere with school work, along with other disadvantages), the administration did so in order to promote the bball program, not for the welfare of the students. Don't get me wrong, there were a few exceptions while I was there, and possibly a few more since I graduated - but I think its ridiculous that some of the best football players in the school never saw the gridiron because the administration was too focused on what went on in the gym.
You are right on there fusion. It is true and in my opinion football coaches looking for football jobs know this as well. If they do the reseach. Which I would be certain they would. Most coaches may feel that we have great potential and much support from fb boosters, parents of players and some community but comparatively speaking it is not the same as bb support from administrations point. Now we struugle to find a coach.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)