• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saunders out at Shelby Valley
This is what I'm hearing.
This guy is a NUT and should not be permitted around young men with his negative profanity mouth.
this would be big news, an info out there?
One of the players told me he quit today.
what player?
That will not be discussed as this is a rumor.
This is not a rumor this is official. He took another job in VA where he is from.
We're gonna need proof first, like I said, it's hearsay right now.
There seems to be alot of rumors at Valley.
He had a team meeting at three today with players, AD, and Principal. Its official.
I have heard this before too. I heard he was headed back to J.J Kelly High School. Where hes from I believe.
Best of luck to Valley . If they replace Saunders I hope its with another great coach.
If this is true then Im not surprised.
I didn't like him from day one.
Shelby Valley has really improved the past couple years. They should have finished 2nd in their district. I saw the game film vs. Bath, Most turn-overs I have ever seen. The guy is doing things right on the football field.
i just heard the same thing from one of the players parents
Shelby Valley has definitely imrpoved on the field, but let me make something very clear. It would be a blessing to get Saunders as far away from our youth as possible. Too many behavior problems with him. Goodluck to the wildcats, I sure hope you get a coach that can build a program not only on the field, but off as well. Teach the kids more than just football coaches! They need role-models.
I do not know about Saunder's personal life so I cannot pass judgement on that.

But, from the standpoint of the improvement the program has seen under his tenure and the excitement generated. It is going to be a HUGE step back for Valley if he leaves.

Sadly, SV is not a good enough draw for a big name coach to come coach football. If he truly is not exhibiting positive leadership skills to the players off the field then I can understand the mood, but Valley fans do need to accept that this may set their program back even more.
They got good facilities don't they? Turf Field? Field House?
This is very discouraging for SV. Any coach coming in will win next year with the schedule and talent returning but the stability of the program is in trouble. He did use profanity but most of the players trully respected his knowledge of the game. Players hear that same profanity around their buddies, at least a majority of them. It will be very interesting to see what coach can make a statement and come in and continue to build on what he has started.
What kind of offense does Saunders run at Shelby Valley?
He ran the wing T.
Do you have a lot of players coming back?
Hampton was what kept the team together while Saunders was there, and now even Hampton is gone.
Saunders isn't "from" Kelly - that was just one of his stops. Kelly isn't looking for a coach.

He's "from" Radford, which replaced legandary coach Norm Lineburg in Feb. '07 with Kevin's bro. Matthew, so he might be going there as an asst.

He was HC at William Campbell back in the mid 90's, but they just hired a new guy a month ago.

But WC's district rival Gretna IS looking. The Hawks won the AA Div. 3 state title in 2003 & 2004 (with UVA QB Vic Hall) and the Group A Div. 2 state title in 2007 (beating Gate City 52-0) and 2008.
If this is the case, then good luck to the Shelby Valley football program.All football programs need role models as coaches.i.m.o.
It's official. Just saw Roanoke's WDBJ7 5:00 news and they siad the Hawks hired him.
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=10410958
The rumor is true,
saunders is out of valley,
i was one of the players,
i was the the meeting with the principal and the coachign staff,
the rumor is true,
we have no head coach at the moment,
but mike roberts is still on as an assistant
NEw head coach Gretna high Kevin Saunders, spoke with him today!!!
So when are they going to announce Mike Roberts as the new head coach up there anyway???
  • 1(current)
  • Next