Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics
big c
You still did not answer about your next 4 seasons.
Big C
You still did not tell us how you have done in the 4 seasons after leaving the program you were not happy with.
dawg1982 Wrote:Big C
You still did not tell us how you have done in the 4 seasons after leaving the program you were not happy with.

Well, seeing as to how there has been a different head coach three of those four years... I think that is pretty self explanatory.

I was talking about this from a coaching perspective. If you are not a coach, you can't possibly know what I am talking about.
dawg1982 Wrote:Big C

Where have you coached?
bigcoachallen Wrote:Where have you coached?

I was very happy with the program, just not with how I was treated as a loyal coach of four years.

I still keep up with them and cheer them on every week. I wanna see them win state. I was just speaking as a coach who was unappreciated.
Yes there are some really bad coaches here and there I know of some but wont say any names.
TCCardinal Wrote:Yes there are some really bad coaches here and there I know of some but wont say any names.

The difference is very hard to see, sometimes. Just because a coach is very successful, doesn't mean he is a good person. I know a few that will sacrafice their assistants and even (in some ways) their players, to further themselves.

The players' health and self worth come first!!!
bigcoachallen Wrote:I guess I came through the opposite. My first three years were really good, because I was working for some honorable coaches. My fourth year I enjoyed because we were winning, but the new head coach hung me out to dry (didn't turn me in as a paid assistant, after being on staff for three years). I was up for tenure, but I was so disgusted that I left anyway. I do regret not getting the tenure, though... :HitWall:

I posted this a few days ago. I am now recanting this statement, due to recent events/information. I guess it is like the old saying, "when you assume, you make an a** out of you and me." I had held a grudge against this coach for four years. I am writing now to formally apologize to him and anyone else that I may have offended. I am physically a big man, but sometimes it takes a very heartfelt conversation with someone to make a man realize that he needed to grow in size emotionally, as well.
I jumped to conclusions and it took four years and the above post to bring it into the light and melt it all away. Coach J.M. (everyone who needs to know, does know who this is) I truly do apologize. My respect for you could not be any higher than it is, now.

Thank You,

Coach Allen
bigcoachallen Wrote:The difference is very hard to see, sometimes. Just because a coach is very successful, doesn't mean he is a good person. I know of a few that will sacrafice their assistants and even (in some ways) their players, to further themselves.

I haven't actually worked with them, directly, but knew the situation. This never happened on any sideline I was ever on.
bigcoachallen Wrote:The difference is very hard to see, sometimes. Just because a coach is very successful, doesn't mean he is a good person. I know a few that will sacrafice their assistants and even (in some ways) their players, to further themselves.

I agree we need more coaches who believe this where do you coach at?
Politics in sports is never good if you want to build a state champions.
TCCardinal Wrote:I agree we need more coaches who believe this where do you coach at?

Morgan
cougarpride08 Wrote:Politics in sports is never good if you want to build a state champions.

It definitely seems to take a group sense of selflessness, on every level.
bigcoachallen Wrote:Morgan

How are you guys looking this year?
TCCardinal Wrote:How are you guys looking this year?

We just hired a new head coach. We have some talented Freshmen coming in. Coach Turner (head coach) was the head MS coach here, so I think he will have a lot come out. It will be tough with this late start, but you never know... it could surprise some people.
bigcoachallen Wrote:We just hired a new head coach. We have some talented Freshmen coming in. Coach Turner (head coach) was the head MS coach here, so I think he will have a lot come out. It will be tough with this late start, but you never know... it could surprise some people.

I wish you guys the best of luck this season.
They think they have to put politics in there and we will win, but they don't realize that no matter how much money they put in the program, they have to win it on the field.
The classic of politics and coaching happened in the 80's in Floyd County. A coach, through no action of his own other than being sucessfull, got on the wrong side of the superintendent, the board of education and some influential people in the community. The result?? Phillip Haywood is put in the position of leaving his hometown and going to Belfry. The rest is history. The Pond Creek nation have treated him with the respect he deserves.
hawg laig Wrote:The classic of politics and coaching happened in the 80's in Floyd County. A coach, through no action of his own other than being sucessfull, got on the wrong side of the superintendent, the board of education and some influential people in the community. The result?? Phillip Haywood is put in the position of leaving his hometown and going to Belfry. The rest is history. The Pond Creek nation have treated him with the respect he deserves.

Well, I know he hated leaving his hometown... but I'd say Pond Creek is "HOME" now. He has no doubt made them all regret letting him get away.
This really is sad, and all it hurts is the kids. The experience of playing football, and schools want to throw there weight around. Sad all around.
I knew this would go nowhere fast!!!