Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB Quan Weaver
bac2369 Wrote:Quan Weaver has committed to the cardinals. What does everyone think?

Personally;I'd rather pay my kids way than to let them go to the ENEMY CARDS.:ChairHit:
Iceboxx, go to the doctor tommrow and get your head checked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:Iceboxx, go to the doctor tommrow and get your head checked.

What could you mean by this?

Congrats to Quan on his decision, he chooses UofL over The SEC and Big 10, not a combo of schools many people can claim.

Quan will make an instant impact next year, and add another weapon besides Vic Anderson and Doug Beaumont.
I mean if you think this kid is by far the best rb in ky there is something wrong with your head.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:The kid is good but until he puts up the numbers Channing has put up he doesnt hold a light to Channing. Channing is the best back in the state period.

I agree Channing is good but there are a couple of backs in 6a that are close to him. I watched Miles Simpson from Simon Kenton run against Trinity and he did decent against them.
With Channings speed and his power, he is a beast, and he is by far the best back in ky.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:With Channings speed and his power, he is a beast, and he is by far the best back in ky.

let's wait and see what Collingsworth does at RB for Highlands this year! I heard he is very impressive so far in practice.
so collinsworth isn't going to play wide reciever this year for Highlands?
The best tailback in the state is Miles Simpson of simon kenton. Come on people he carried his team through the 6A!!!! playoffs to the title game.
devilhorns05 Wrote:The best tailback in the state is Miles Simpson of simon kenton. Come on people he carried his team through the 6A!!!! playoffs to the title game.

Channing did too, he carried Breathitt to the State 3A Title game, he carried them past a Undefeated Belfry team, @ Belfry, so Channing is the best RB in the State, i look for Channing to have a Explosive season this year
devilhorns05 Wrote:The best tailback in the state is Miles Simpson of simon kenton. Come on people he carried his team through the 6A!!!! playoffs to the title game.

no offense but i totally disagree the best back will probably be rashard carter...imo very good
tomcat_fan_for_life Wrote:no offense but i totally disagree the best back will probably be rashard carter...imo very good

:thatsfunn all I got to say, Carters a good back but Miles Simpson, Quan Weever, Channing Fugate are leagues ahead of him.
Rashad is a very good back, but what hurts him, is that Ashland is way down, theyre not making much noise these days.

Channing Fugate
Tyrell Willis
Miles Simpson
Quan Weaver

Those are elite backs in KY, when is the last time KY has had this many backs that have D1 talent....2010 is a great class

Channing carried Breathitt past everyone last season after Jade went down with a bad hamstring. People keyed on Channing so much last year that we were one dimintional and he still had OVER 3000 YARDS.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:so collinsworth isn't going to play wide reciever this year for Highlands?

He is going to play RB this year.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Weaver also won his region in the 100m(3rd fastest in ky), and 200m(2nd in ky) dashes.

You are wrong on him being 3rd fastest in the 100m. He had the 10th fastest time in the 100 in the state. You can check the KHSAA site. I did not check to see if you were correct on the 200m. He ran an 11.13, which is a good but not great time.
C.Clair Wrote:Channing carried Breathitt past everyone last season after Jade went down with a bad hamstring. People keyed on Channing so much last year that we were one dimintional and he still had OVER 3000 YARDS.

Channing is just an unstoppable force.
sstack Wrote:You are wrong on him being 3rd fastest in the 100m. He had the 10th fastest time in the 100 in the state. You can check the KHSAA site. I did not check to see if you were correct on the 200m. He ran an 11.13, which is a good but not great time.

Actually Weever won the state 100m dash and im not sure of the 200m but the kid is fast.
Devin Foster of union county with 2500 in 3a and a harder schedule than breathitt had with one less game than fugate had more yards than fugate against central. as a sophmore fugate had 1700 yards this kid had 2500 as a sophmore ull see this season he will blow fugates yardage as a junior out of the water clear out.
UCFB Wrote:Devin Foster of union county with 2500 in 3a and a harder schedule than breathitt had with one less game than fugate had more yards than fugate against central. as a sophmore fugate had 1700 yards this kid had 2500 as a sophmore ull see this season he will blow fugates yardage as a junior out of the water clear out.

We passed the ball a whole lot more Channings soph. year.I wonder how many receinivg yards Channing had too.
I am not going to compare him with Fugate because they have two completley different styles. Thanks for posting the vid it was sick. The young man has clearly got a ton of talent. At 6' 200lbs all i could ask for is a few more pounds. Maybe 220 and he can run some of the bigger linebackers over and through. Maybe build all that in leg muscle then add some more forearm strength so he dont get stripped to bad at the next level.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:We passed the ball a whole lot more Channings soph. year.I wonder how many receinivg yards Channing had too.

our quarterback had over 1500 yards near 2000 im pretty sure our best receiver however didnt come back out for his senior year.
UCFB Wrote:Devin Foster of union county with 2500 in 3a and a harder schedule than breathitt had with one less game than fugate had more yards than fugate against central. as a sophmore fugate had 1700 yards this kid had 2500 as a sophmore ull see this season he will blow fugates yardage as a junior out of the water clear out.

Channing wont have another 3000 yard year this year. Breathitt will have Jade healthy and Jade will take alot off the shoulders of Channing. With 2500 years that still 500 yards the kid has to make up in one game. Im not sure he could do that. If he blows Channings yardage out of the water so be it, but Im pretty sure that Breathitt and Union run two different offenses right, plus he would have the rushing record with blowing the yardage out of the water.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Channing had another about 650 or 700 yards receiving. Ill look it up to make sure my numers are correct.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
devilhorns05 Wrote:Actually Weever won the state 100m dash and im not sure of the 200m but the kid is fast.

It was stated that he ran the 3rd fastest time "in the state of KY." That is not true! He won state in 1A, but in all of the classes, he was the tenth fastest time. And like I stated before, a time of 11.13 is good, but not great. It is fast for football, but would never be able to compete in college on the track.
sstack Wrote:It was stated that he ran the 3rd fastest time "in the state of KY." That is not true! He won state in 1A, but in all of the classes, he was the tenth fastest time. And like I stated before, a time of 11.13 is good, but not great. It is fast for football, but would never be able to compete in college on the track.

Well isnt that what were talking about college football not college track, last time I checked the kids playing college football!:eyeroll:

As a Highlands fan I would have loved nothing more that to see my Bluebirds go up against Simpson and Simon Kenton. Personally, I feel Simpson is an outstanding player. I would love to see He and Collinsworth go head to head. I would have to give Collinsworth the edge and then some due to the supporting cast that Collinsworth would have around him. I'm not familiar with what Simon Kenton has, so this is just my personnal assestment knowing what Highlands has surrounding Collinsworth. :Thumbs:
devilhorns05 Wrote:Well isnt that what were talking about college football not college track, last time I checked the kids playing college football!:eyeroll:
Do not give me a hard time, I am just correcting some incorrect information that was posted. He won the 100M in 2A,but there where 9 kids that beat his time from 1A and 3A. I am not saying the kid is not a good athlete, just posting correct facts!