Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: RB Quan Weaver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Frankfort High RB Quan Weaver is hands down the best back in KY

Looks like he was going up against come poor tackling teams.
Wasn't the best of talent he was facing, but the kid is a STUD! Where is Quan being recruited by? Does anyone know? Best of luck Quan!
Hands Down is a strong term. I like a lot of what I saw and would definately find a way to get this kid touches if I coached him but there was a couple of things that he will have to work on or needs to show more of and #1 would be running b/t the tackles. A lot of what I saw was off tackle and sweeps which is fine when you are faster than everybody but if he has big time aspirations he going to realize that at the next level everyone is fast. He is powerful at the point of attck but at 200 lbs how is that going to change when the LB is 220 rather than 180. He ran some guys over but he didn't read his lead blocker, had he read that blcok and cut off it he would take less of a pounding. Where are the highlights of him catching the ball out of the backfield. He has to demonstrate quality hands to be considered the best back hands down.
Channing Fugate would be the lead horse in that race.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Frankfort High RB Quan Weaver is hands down the best back in KY

No;not even close to Channing Fugate.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:No;not even close to Channing Fugate.

I agree
seems lie another speedster that played against poor tacklers. decent overall
Ill take Weever over Fugate anyday, well Ill take both of them on my team anyday, but Weever is fast strong and is being recruited by some big name schools.
Weaver also won his region in the 100m(3rd fastest in ky), and 200m(2nd in ky) dashes.
Weaver has impressive speed & strength. I'd say he was playing some weak competition, but those are some pretty good highlights and one I'm sure a few college's would enjoy viewing.

He's one I'll keep an eye on during the upcoming season.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Frankfort High RB Quan Weaver is hands down the best back in KY

I don't see any of the Beechwood game highlights in there. Why don't you show some highlights of that game? Any one can post highlights on poor teams and look like an ALL STAR. Bottom line is if he is as good as you say then Beechwood wouldn't have beaten them like a drum (42-14). The kid plays in A football and playes maybe 3 quality teams all year. He might be a good recruit, but best back in the state? PLEASE...........
devilhorns05 Wrote:Ill take Weever over Fugate anyday, well Ill take both of them on my team anyday, but Weever is fast strong and is being recruited by some big name schools.

Maybe you need to check Rivals.com
devilhorns05 Wrote:Ill take Weever over Fugate anyday, well Ill take both of them on my team anyday, but Weever is fast strong and is being recruited by some big name schools.

Maybe Ky State
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Wasn't the best of talent he was facing, but the kid is a STUD! Where is Quan being recruited by? Does anyone know? Best of luck Quan!

Cincinnati
Kentucky
Louisville
Purdue
Sounds like that would be a good pickup for the cats.
He is athletic. But, he's not really facing the best and most athletic players on defense. These kids he's playing against. Don't look like they have been fundamentally taught how to tackle.

But, Best Of Luck To Weaver!
Neersfan Wrote:I agree

i agree also

fugate is a 3 star on rivals and is being recruited by big schools to, ill take fugate any day of the week over weaver
Super-Card Wrote:I don't see any of the Beechwood game highlights in there. Why don't you show some highlights of that game? Any one can post highlights on poor teams and look like an ALL STAR. Bottom line is if he is as good as you say then Beechwood wouldn't have beaten them like a drum (42-14). The kid plays in A football and playes maybe 3 quality teams all year. He might be a good recruit, but best back in the state? PLEASE...........

Makes no sense at all.

The kid cannot do it all on his own. Last time I checked football was 11-on-11 and not 1-on-11.

From the video and his track accomplishments coaches will be all over this kid.
Quan recieved his first offer from an SEC school as Kentucky likes what they see and extended an offer.
Do you have any video of him against a team that actually knows how to tackle? The kids got talent no doubt it.
did Channing run track this year?
Hes an athlete. Will help the return game as well as whatever position he grows into at UK if he accepts!
Quan Weaver has committed to the cardinals. What does everyone think?
RedSeal Wrote:fugate is a 3 star on rivals and is being recruited by big schools to, ill take fugate any day of the week over weaver

Okay we will just have to wait and see in a few years wont we :biggrin:
he looks good but fugate is a beast
fugate is almost as good as doug howard
The kid is good but until he puts up the numbers Channing has put up he doesnt hold a light to Channing. Channing is the best back in the state period.
central fan Wrote:he looks good but fugate is a beast
fugate is almost as good as doug howard

ALMOST??:lmao:
Pages: 1 2