Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. Pirates "New" Coach
what do you think of Po. Co.'s new hire big cheese? souds like the admin. has found us another good one. They have to make the best move for the kids and it sounds like they did. we had a good coach and now we got another good coach. sounds like there trying to do the right thing for the kids and team in Po.Co. the head man makes all the difference and sounds like he's a good one. I think the right phone call was made here in Po.Co. The best man got the job. I might even get on the ship.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:what do you think of Po. Co.'s new hire big cheese? souds like the admin. has found us another good one. They have to make the best move for the kids and it sounds like they did. we had a good coach and now we got another good coach. sounds like there trying to do the right thing for the kids and team in Po.Co. the head man makes all the difference and sounds like he's a good one. I think the right phone call was made here in Po.Co. The best man got the job. I might even get on the ship.

:thatsfunn :lmao: :worthy:
MR. NOBODY Wrote::thatsfunn :lmao: :worthy:
I think he means get on the fan-wagon. I am not sure he means coach. Course, I don't know. Just guessing?TongueirateSho
Guys don't forget not only do you have to have good running backs, but you better have some GREAT Offensive Lineman, to make that "Belly" go... I watched Johnson Central last year and they have some big work horses upfront pushing people around
Congrats Powell on getting what seems like a Excellent Coach!
I played for Tony Burchett when he was the Line Coach at Prestonsburg back in the 80's, which gives away my age, but also gives away HIS...

I coached with, played for, and spoken to alot of line coaches. However, Tony Burchett is by far the best I have ever known. He is a classy man, excellent teacher, and superior motivator. His coaching pedigree is second to none, and has the benefit of having worked with some of the best in the business. Powell Co. has made a great hire here.

Good luck, Coach.

BTW, everyone in P-burg refers to him as "Tony Bug".

Tell him Hello from "the smartest lineman he ever coached" (many moons ago, mind you...)
blitz43 Wrote:I think he means get on the fan-wagon. I am not sure he means coach. Course, I don't know. Just guessing?TongueirateSho

If you have paid any attention to his other post he means coaching.
Navajo4life Wrote:Guys don't forget not only do you have to have good running backs, but you better have some GREAT Offensive Lineman, to make that "Belly" go... I watched Johnson Central last year and they have some big work horses upfront pushing people around

I noticed the name and location Navajo4life. You must have been an M.C. Napier guy. We played them every year when I played for Breathitt. Big Bobby Keith Dixon was the qb. Seems like the Carrol brothers played and I believe your TE was Fred Russell. We had some great games and brawls back then(lol)
I am glad to see the man get this job. The Belly is arguably the toughest running game to defend, when ran properly (as I'm sure it will be).

The 50 defense works great, if you have the right guy running it. You gotta believe in it and you gotta be flexible/fluid. I am partial to the 3-4 or 3-5 (which in many cases looks like a 50, but is much more versatile).

Good luck and God Bless!

Big Coach Allen