Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. Pirates "New" Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tony Burchett has been offered the Powell Co. Pirate High School job. From what I hear, this is a great hire for the Pirates! Lets all pull together and support the new coach.
TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
Alright! Looks like they got it done. Great hire! Lets start the Coach Burchett era on a great note. I have heard great things about this man.
who is he and where is he from?
betsylaynealum Wrote:who is he and where is he from?
Tony Burchett has been
Offensive Line Coach i believe
at Johnson Central for a while now
Good hire. He will bring the same kinda offense that Johnson Central runs.
just glad to have an experienced one. these boys have worked hard on and off the field and they deserve a quality coachTongueirateSho
Coach Burchett has worked with some really good coaches. He with worked Haywood, Chuke Williams and Jim Matney. Powell co. meet the "BELLY".
Now before team mom says, " OH MY GOODNESS, DID YOU SEE WHAT HE SAID ABOUT THAT MAN?" The Belly is a read-offense incorporated with the Wishbone. You can run it out of other formations as well. Chuke and Matney are two of the best when it comes to the Belly. Haywood ran it some but I think he is primarily and inside/outside veer coach.(Triple option).
The Belly is tough to stop once it gets rollin'.
I've talked to coaches who played Johnson Cent. and they all say the same thing. " Man, We couldn't stop that Belly." I know those Lawrence co. teams under Chuke Williams were the best I've seen running it.
HAVING known Tony for a long time I can Powell County is getting a top notch coach and man and certainly glad to see him get under the shadow of Jim Matney and get the chance to run his own program. Great hire:Thumbs:
Can't wait to see what the guy has in store. Looking forward to next season.
Good Luck Coach!! We will definately miss ya! Prolly come see a game or two this year.
hey bobcat, what about Chapman?
Congratulations Coach Burchett! I think the world of you and will miss you more than you'll ever know. Also, Congratulations Powell County! You are getting not only a great coach, but a great man! One of the finest people I ever known.

And for the Powell County athletes. Get ready to be taught to work hard, display great character and the fundamentals of football. He is a stickler for these. Oh..................
get ready for the "belly" offense.
vette72 Wrote:hey bobcat, what about Chapman?

They didn't have enough money or support.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Congratulations Coach Burchett! I think the world of you and will miss you more than you'll ever know. Also, Congratulations Powell County! You are getting not only a great coach, but a great man! One of the finest people I ever known.

And for the Powell County athletes. Get ready to be taught to work hard, display great character and the fundamentals of football. He is a stickler for these. Oh..................
get ready for the "belly" offense.

Powell lost their go-to receivers but do return their running backs. Powell is suited to be more of a run oriented team this season. Jesse, Tim, Wasson, Brewer all return and all started or played in the backfield last season. Powell lost Crowe and Barron who were their big play threats at wide out. With Hale at qb, Powell will have alot of speed in the backfield.TongueirateSho
blitz43 Wrote:Alright! Looks like they got it done. Great hire! Lets start the Coach Burchett era on a great note. I have heard great things about this man.

Hey Ned, They got some new water coolers in, The red ones. Are you fired up or what? :lmao: :moon:
BOBCAT Wrote:They didn't have enough money or support.

or maybe he wasn't never interested:thatsfunn
Seems to be a good man, I hope he knows his stuff, those boys down there will follow him anywhere he wants to go. So I just hope he leads them the right way.
vette72 Wrote:or maybe he wasn't never interested:thatsfunn
He applied
Ky313 Wrote:Seems to be a good man, I hope he knows his stuff, those boys down there will follow him anywhere he wants to go. So I just hope he leads them the right way.

I predict a close run for the District Championship this season. The man knows his stuff.
Good luck and best wishes Coach!!! You will be missed at JCHS. Powell County your in great hands.
It sounds to me that Powell county is fixing to get a dose of some "old school" football. The double tight wishbone and a 50 defense. My kind of coach.
F.N.L. Wrote:It sounds to me that Powell county is fixing to get a dose of some "old school" football. The double tight wishbone and a 50 defense. My kind of coach.
It almost for certain concerning the wishbone but I seriously doubt Fugate will run the 50 on D. It didn't work the last time it was tried.TongueirateSho
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I predict a close run for the District Championship this season. The man knows his stuff.

Now this is funny.:lmao:Maybe a close 2nd place finish.
blitz43 Wrote:It almost for certain concerning the wishbone but I seriously doubt Fugate will run the 50 on D. It didn't work the last time it was tried.TongueirateSho

No, A 50 D is not set in stone. I have been asked to be the D-coordinator and coach liked what we did last year. I'm really impressed with coach Burchett.
Tyler Puckett could make a really good DB coach if they can get him to hang around(hint, hint)lol
How many games was Coach Burchett the main man last year. 1-0 or 2-0. I think if I am right that Powell is getting a head coach that is undefeated. lol. Good luck Coach Burchett. Powell County you are getting a great football mind and even better person.
OutsideLogic Wrote:How many games was Coach Burchett the main man last year. 1-0 or 2-0. I think if I am right that Powell is getting a head coach that is undefeated. lol. Good luck Coach Burchett. Powell County you are getting a great football mind and even better person.

Glen Reeves was the head coach for the first two games last season and I think Burchett has been a head coach before. I believe he was the head coach at Johns Creek but I don't know how long he was there.
Powell is getting a good coach. Give him time, and the results will come. Congrats coach on your new job.
Don Carlo Wrote:Glen Reeves was the head coach for the first two games last season and I think Burchett has been a head coach before. I believe he was the head coach at Johns Creek but I don't know how long he was there.

Thank DC, for whatever reason I had it in my head that it was Burchett that was at the helm. My mistake.
Pages: 1 2