Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eastern kentucky middle school baseball champs???
How is the conference shaping up? I was told that the first game played between conference teams is the only one that counts as far as tournament seeding goes. I guess this is because of all the rain outs and teams having trouble getting two games in at times. Also, isn't Morgan Co. in the conference? Fleming Co. has wins against Lewis, Rowan, and Nicholas counties, and losses to Mason, Morgan, and Bracken counties. Does anyone know the format for the conference tournament - double elimination???
Anyone no the seeds are
Mason Co beats Nicholas Co tonight.Nicholas's big left hander pitched all 7 innings for Nicholas Co,giving up only 4 hits.But Mason scored 3 in the 4th and 1 in the 5th,to take a 4-0 lead into the top of the 7th.Nicholas was able to plate 1 run in the top of the 7th,to make the final score 4-1.Mason Co is now 4-2 in the conference,and Nicholas is 3-2.Nicholas has their final conference game next Saturday,at home against Morgan Co,who is also 3-2 .So we are going to have 3 teams with a 4-2 record.My question afew wks ago was.How is the conference seeding done when 3 teams have the same won/lost record?Does anyone know?
dugout66 Wrote:How is the conference shaping up? I was told that the first game played between conference teams is the only one that counts as far as tournament seeding goes. I guess this is because of all the rain outs and teams having trouble getting two games in at times. Also, isn't Morgan Co. in the conference? Fleming Co. has wins against Lewis, Rowan, and Nicholas counties, and losses to Mason, Morgan, and Bracken counties. Does anyone know the format for the conference tournament - double elimination???
Only 1 conference game left,Nicholas Co vs Morgan Co,next Saturday at Nicholas Co.Who ever wins this game will be tied with Lewis Co and Mason Co,with 4-2 records.I don't have a clue how the seeding is done in that case.Hoping some one on here knows and can explain it to us.Also,the conference tournament is single elimination.
Big Snappy Wrote:Only 1 conference game left,Nicholas Co vs Morgan Co,next Saturday at Nicholas Co.Who ever wins this game will be tied with Lewis Co and Mason Co,with 4-2 records.I don't have a clue how the seeding is done in that case.Hoping some one on here knows and can explain it to us.Also,the conference tournament is single elimination.

This is my understanding as of yesterday but it could be wrong. If Nicholas wins for the 3 way tie with Lewis ans Mason.It will go to a tie breaker of runs allowed . Nicholas allowed a total of 3 runs between their conference games so they will be the no 1 seed providing they beat Morgan. Now here comes the tricky part Lewis allowed I believe 14 total runs and Mason allowed 10. If the tie breaker rules are enforced Mason is the no.2 seed if it falls back to head to head in this instance Lewis is the no.2 seed. If Morgan wins it is a moot point Lewis will be the no.1 seed. But to be on the safe side you might want to check it out with your coach because I could have misunderstood. This weather has really taken a tole on practice and games I cant remember the last time Lewis had a practice or a game. Thank goodness for the JR League guys getting these boys some much needed field time.
AshamedLCParent Wrote:This is my understanding as of yesterday but it could be wrong. If Nicholas wins for the 3 way tie with Lewis ans Mason.It will go to a tie breaker of runs allowed . Nicholas allowed a total of 3 runs between their conference games so they will be the no 1 seed providing they beat Morgan. Now here comes the tricky part Lewis allowed I believe 14 total runs and Mason allowed 10. If the tie breaker rules are enforced Mason is the no.2 seed if it falls back to head to head in this instance Lewis is the no.2 seed. If Morgan wins it is a moot point Lewis will be the no.1 seed. But to be on the safe side you might want to check it out with your coach because I could have misunderstood. This weather has really taken a tole on practice and games I cant remember the last time Lewis had a practice or a game. Thank goodness for the JR League guys getting these boys some much needed field time.
Thanks for the information.
Your welcome. I hope my information is better than the way I spelled toll. Geez I can't believe I spelled it tole.
I heard today,that Nicholas Co has a 2-3 record in the conference,not 3-2.That Lewis Co is the number 1 seed in the tournament.If Morgan beats Nicholas Saturday,Morgan will be the number 2 seed and Mason Co will be number 3.If Nicholas beats Morgan,then Mason is number 2 seed.Not sure this is 100%,but thats what I'm hearing.Anyone else know anything?
Can someone enlighten us as to the pairings for the upcoming EKC Middle School baseball tournament at Fleming County?

The teams are Bracken County, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, Morgan County and Rowan County.

Does anyone know the game days and times, who plays who, etc.?

Perhaps in the future, the commissioner, director, whateve he/she is called (if there is one, and their should be) will keep a website. This whole year has been one where no one seems to know who is where. Promotion would be nice.
bballer2 Wrote:Can someone enlighten us as to the pairings for the upcoming EKC Middle School baseball tournament at Fleming County?

The teams are Bracken County, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, Morgan County and Rowan County.

Does anyone know the game days and times, who plays who, etc.?

Perhaps in the future, the commissioner, director, whateve he/she is called (if there is one, and their should be) will keep a website. This whole year has been one where no one seems to know who is where. Promotion would be nice.

Sorry. I left out Nicholas County
The Royals have beaten Nicholas,and its ace lefthander for the 2nd time this season.The win last night was in the conference tournament in Flemingsburg.The Royals were up 4-0 when the lefthander left the game in the 5th and ended up winning 5-0.MasonCo will now play Morgan Co Saturday at 1pm,in the semi-finals,at Flemingsburg.
Lewis County beat Fleming this evening and won. They play tomorrow at 4:00, I think.
What A Game In Flemingsburg Tonight With The Lions Of Lewis County Coming From Behind In The Bottom Of The 7th With Nick Ruark Coming Up With A Big Double To Tie The Game And Cory Christy Had A Walkoff Hit In The Bottom Of The Ninth To Clinch The Big Win................levi, Nick T And Cory Did A Heck Of A Job Pitching.............go Lions Best Of Luck Tomorrow In Flemingsburg At 4
Lewis County Did It In A Dramatic Fashion, As They Repeated As Ekmsbc Champs Yesterday As They Defeated Mason County For Title. Way To Go Lions......................you All Should Be Very, Very Proud Boys. Congrats To Coach Keith And Coach Alan.
I too want to say congrats to the middle school champions.The game against Mason Co,was a great game to watch.Both teams played their hearts out,and left it all on the field.When we jumped out to a 7-0 lead,I thought ,well now I can just sit back and enjoy.But,the next thing I know it was 7-6,and all of us fans,both sides were back into the game.If you like to watch baseball,watching these kids play the game is so exciting.Watching the highs and lows,of bothe teams as they play the game,is something to remember.Winning 2 titles back to back is a feat you should be very proud of.
very well said, Lion at Heart, all players played like champions. I was so glad to see our boys bring it back to LC though.
If the middle school basketball coach had been coaching this team the tournament games would have never been close.
liberty Wrote:If the middle school basketball coach had been coaching this team the tournament games would have never been close.
I have to disagree with you on this one Liberty.Lewis was not head and shoulders better than Mason[Lewis won 7-6 6-5 8-6].They were not head and shoulders better than Fleming[lOST BY 1-WON BY 1].The 3 teams were real close in talent,as the scores of all the games,not just the tournament games indicate.The reason Lewis went 4-1,aganist the other top 3 teams is because of their coaches.They knew what moves to make,and when to make them.My hats are off to both of the baseball coaches,and to the team.And about the coach you mentioned in your first sentence.He will get a chance to show his ability in Nov/Dec,if he accepts the invite he's going to get,to come play the middle school Royals,at the Fieldhouse.Also,want to give a shout out to Nick Ruark.He was the most improved player I seen on the field this season.Maybe football,is not his only option.Good job Nick.
Big Snappy Wrote:I have to disagree with you on this one Liberty.Lewis was not head and shoulders better than Mason[Lewis won 7-6 6-5 8-6].They were not head and shoulders better than Fleming[lOST BY 1-WON BY 1].The 3 teams were real close in talent,as the scores of all the games,not just the tournament games indicate.The reason Lewis went 4-1,aganist the other top 3 teams is because of their coaches.They knew what moves to make,and when to make them.My hats are off to both of the baseball coaches,and to the team.And about the coach you mentioned in your first sentence.He will get a chance to show his ability in Nov/Dec,if he accepts the invite he's going to get,to come play the middle school Royals,at the Fieldhouse.Also,want to give a shout out to Nick Ruark.He was the most improved player I seen on the field this season.Maybe football,is not his only option.Good job Nick.

We can disagree on this subject everyone has an opinion.Lewis would have never almost gave up a 7 run lead if he were the coach,there were some questionable moves made in that game that I don't believe he would have made.He has coached some of these boys for years and knows more of what they are capable of. And if not for him they would have not known a critical move to make in the end. This years coaches did a very fine job.I just think he would have done a little better one after watching this season. Actually they lost 2 games to the top teams and almost lost a 3rd.If he were at the helm I am willing to bet they don't lose any.
The Royals may not want him and his team to come down this fall. They are going to be really busy this summer. He will put the time and effort to have this boys ready come this fall.
The player mentioned did a fantastic job all season.He is a very fine athlete.
I agree with Liberty. If the middle school coach would have had the team there would not have been a conference game lost all year. And if it had NOT been for him the championship game would probably have been lost. He knows the rules, and how to play the game. THANKS to him calling someone to enforce the rules, our ace pitcher was able to return to the mound and mow Mason down in the final inning 123.
The 8th graders moving on to high school next year will be assests to the high school team. Clark ,Christy and Ruark will help the Lions be contenders. Clark can play anywhere and pitch when needed, Christy has an arm like a cannon and Ruark has come along great as a catcher..... if the middle school coach had taken the baseball team this year then yes, games would have been played differently and Lewis would have been 30-0.
TMBS Wrote:I agree with Liberty. If the middle school coach would have had the team there would not have been a conference game lost all year. And if it had NOT been for him the championship game would probably have been lost. He knows the rules, and how to play the game. THANKS to him calling someone to enforce the rules, our ace pitcher was able to return to the mound and mow Mason down in the final inning 123.
The 8th graders moving on to high school next year will be assests to the high school team. Clark ,Christy and Ruark will help the Lions be contenders. Clark can play anywhere and pitch when needed, Christy has an arm like a cannon and Ruark has come along great as a catcher..... if the middle school coach had taken the baseball team this year then yes, games would have been played differently and Lewis would have been 30-0.

Thank you very much, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see it that way. No doubt his call and forcing them to listen helped Lewis secure the win. I will have to say this ,they are more than 3 8th graders that will be assets to the high school team though.
You're right I forgot about the Thompson boy and the Poe in left field they also helped secure the win!!!
I think that we all can agree that we have the BEST in coaches in all sports. We are very fortunate to have them all. Let's remember to stick together and support one another so that our boys can be successful at the high school level. Get involved, but leave all negativity at home. Best of luck to the incoming freshmen and may they have very successful careers at LCHS in all sports.
I will have to agree with the middle school basketball coach would have done a little better job.
We just started a middle school team, but don't know what there record was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]