Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: eastern kentucky middle school baseball champs???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thoughts
DEWALT Wrote:thoughts
Who are all the teams vying for this championship?
Lewis
Nicholas
Mason
Fleming
Bracken
liberty Wrote:Lewis
Nicholas
Mason
Fleming
Bracken

I know that lewis one last year but is mason pitches #23 i say there all done:igiveup:
DEWALT Wrote:I know that lewis one last year but is mason pitches #23 i say there all done:igiveup:
He did help us win the conference championship last year.And I wish him nothing but the best,[unless he's playing against us.]He's a good kid and a good athlete.I know we will have to beat Nicholas Co in the tournament to win the conference championship,but my gut feeling says,'don't over look the Mason Co team.Gonna be a another good conference tournament and battle for the conference championship.Don't wanna miss a game.See u there
DEWALT Wrote:I know that lewis one last year but is mason pitches #23 i say there all done:igiveup:
Isn't Rowan Co in the conference also?
liberty Wrote:Lewis
Nicholas
Mason
Fleming
Bracken
Liberty,isn't Rowan Co in our conference also?
LION AT HEART Wrote:Isn't Rowan Co in the conference also?
Sorry DEWALT,the above was meant for Liberty.
LION AT HEART Wrote:Liberty,isn't Rowan Co in our conference also?

Yes they are. Please excuse my omission.
I saw Bracken play morgan today and they got beat but they had a kid hit a homerun about 420 ft!!!! It was a shot. So idk they may have a shot at it this year. I think the kids number was 44.
DEWALT Wrote:o i dont care lewis beat dem. 24 to 1:flame:

You started this thread,and ask us for our thoughts.And now you don't care?I am glad we are keeping our winning streak alive.But I don't think it will mean much ,once the conference tournament starts.Everyone will start with a 0-0 record.We can't lose focus,we have to remember the league games just seed us in the tournament.The conference champion comes from the tournament winner.Thats when the real season starts.We need to enjoy the way our boys are playing,but be careful ,and not be to arrogant on here.I'm sure fans of the other teams read this thread,and we don't want that bullseye to get so big,it weighs our boys down.I think we can win it,but I'm sure theres 3 or 4 other teams that feel the same way.Remember last season,we wern't the favorite going into the tournament.Be proud,but stay cautious.
sportsfan44 Wrote:I saw Bracken play morgan today and they got beat but they had a kid hit a homerun about 420 ft!!!! It was a shot. So idk they may have a shot at it this year. I think the kids number was 44.

I watched the Bracken/Mason game Thursday.I think for Bracken to contend,they have to really pickup there hitting,and there defense.Good Luck to the Polar Bears the rest of the way
Big Snappy Wrote:I watched the Bracken/Mason game Thursday.I think for Bracken to contend,they have to really pickup there hitting,and there defense.Good Luck to the Polar Bears the rest of the way

Who pitched for Bracken that night? did he do any good?
sportsfan44 Wrote:Who pitched for Bracken that night? did he do any good?
Number 44 started,he pitched ok.Had some speed.Royals hit him pretty good at times.Their shortstop hit one about 340 off the left centerfield fence,for a triple.I think it was like 6-0 when he came out.Ended up ,I think 9-1.#44,is a big strong kid.I'm sure he is a good hitter.
sportsfan44 Wrote:Who pitched for Bracken that night? did he do any good?
The Flora kid pitched.Done a good job.Bracken just didn't hit the Mason pitching real well,and had some defensive lapses.
I an anxious to see what Fleming has. Nobody is talking about them I am sure they are good. They too..... like Lewis have a top notch coach with a lot of experience.
i am guessing,depending on the seeding, that lewis and nicholas will be playing for the championship.i guess it depends if whos ace is feeling better, mason could be a contender but every game ive watched no one has hit it 10 feet out of the infield on there team
Lewis Co. Lions all the way baby.

I think the two best teams in the conference are Nicholas and Lewis. It will come down to those two teams. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Lewis.
I didn't know those were eastern ky teams.
slingblade93 Wrote:I didn't know those were eastern ky teams.

Well, I do believe that those counties are in the eastern part of KY. Maybe not as far east as you can go, but none the less "East".

Check out post #3 for teams that are being inquired on.
Lclion4life30 Wrote:i am guessing,depending on the seeding, that lewis and nicholas will be playing for the championship.i guess it depends if whos ace is feeling better, mason could be a contender but every game ive watched no one has hit it 10 feet out of the infield on there team

There is still a slim possibility that there could be a 3 way tie for the number 1 seed.Does anyone know how they determine the number 1 seed?Lewis has beaten Mason,say Mason happens to beat Nicholas[and wins there other 2 conference games]and Nicholas beat Lewis.If all three are tied with the same W/L record.What determines the seeding process ?
If number 5 pitches for Lewis and NIchols has their lefty going ought to be one heck of a game!!
liberty Wrote:I an anxious to see what Fleming has. Nobody is talking about them I am sure they are good. They too..... like Lewis have a top notch coach with a lot of experience.
Liberty,just heard that we got beat tonight,by Fleming?Can anyone verify this for me?
YES!!!! It went 10 or 11 innings, but Lewis made too many errors on what shoulda been routine plays. The starting pitcher was worn out, but he did a tremendous job for a sixth grader. Hopefully, we will be ready for them next Friday when they come to the Burg.
ProudLCParent Wrote:YES!!!! It went 10 or 11 innings, but Lewis made too many errors on what shoulda been routine plays. The starting pitcher was worn out, but he did a tremendous job for a sixth grader. Hopefully, we will be ready for them next Friday when they come to the Burg.
Heard this was a conference game?If so,where does this upset put all the teams now?
LION AT HEART Wrote:Heard this was a conference game?If so,where does this upset put all the teams now?

i guess it just depends on if mason can win there remaining games
it was a heartbreaker to say the least,but it just boiled down to defensive lapses, way way to may errors, they had so many chances to put fleming away but thats when they couldnt hit the ball or they made an error
Lclion4life30 Wrote:i guess it just depends on if mason can win there remaining games
it was a heartbreaker to say the least,but it just boiled down to defensive lapses, way way to may errors, they had so many chances to put fleming away but thats when they couldnt hit the ball or they made an error
Was told Mason got beat 5-4 at Morgan Co.Now we have to have Mason beat ,and get the first round bye in the conference tournament.Nicholas for us,and we will be the number 1 seed.
LION AT HEART Wrote:You started this thread,and ask us for our thoughts.And now you don't care?I am glad we are keeping our winning streak alive.But I don't think it will mean much ,once the conference tournament starts.Everyone will start with a 0-0 record.We can't lose focus,we have to remember the league games just seed us in the tournament.The conference champion comes from the tournament winner.Thats when the real season starts.We need to enjoy the way our boys are playing,but be careful ,and not be to arrogant on here.I'm sure fans of the other teams read this thread,and we don't want that bullseye to get so big,it weighs our boys down.I think we can win it,but I'm sure theres 3 or 4 other teams that feel the same way.Remember last season,we wern't the favorite going into the tournament.Be proud,but stay cautious.

what i meet was that i dident care that you qwoted my topic
DEWALT Wrote:what i meet was that i dident care that you qwoted my topic
Understand now,thanks,and no problem
Lewis County is my pick.
Pages: 1 2