Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Channing Fugate on Rivals.com
Channing said in the interviews with cats pause he said he wanted to try his hand at RB and if the coaches and he decide that he is better suited for a different position than he will play there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Good Luck in what ever you do channing.
I wounder how many other schools will give Channing a call and offer him.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I just hope he is happy with whatever choice he makes.
As do I bobcat.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I have heard that Channing and Jade will be attending a camp for Tennessee this coming Monday.
they both are tremendous athletes and i wish the both of them the best of luck where ever they go and hope they both have very good college careers!
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I have heard that Channing and Jade will be attending a camp for Tennessee this coming Monday.

Are you sure it is on Monday? Tennessee's OL/DL camp is on Monday, the skill camp is Tuesday, June 2nd. Just wondering.:confused:
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Are you sure it is on Monday? Tennessee's OL/DL camp is on Monday, the skill camp is Tuesday, June 2nd. Just wondering.:confused:

Yea it is on Tuesday, i had just heard it was monday then someone at school told me it was Tuesday.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Yea it is on Tuesday, i had just heard it was monday then someone at school told me it was Tuesday.

Has Tennessee offered Channing? Have any of the coaches called him? If so, who? Does he want to play at Tennessee?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Has Tennessee offered Channing? Have any of the coaches called him? If so, who? Does he want to play at Tennessee?

They havent offered him yet, but they have told him that once he goes to their camp Tuesday they will offer him a scholarship. Idk what coaches he has talked to from UT, but i know they are interested. Someone told me that Channing said he would play at UT before he went to Illinois, but who knows if that is true.
if georgia offered him a scholarship id go insane.
UCFB Wrote:if georgia offered him a scholarship id go insane.

I don't think you got far to go.:lmao:
As time goes on, more and more scholarships will be coming his way from some big time schools. Im not saying that the ones he has already gotten a offer from are not that big of school but more SEC and other type schools will get into the mix.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:As time goes on, more and more scholarships will be coming his way from some big time schools. Im not saying that the ones he has already gotten a offer from are not that big of school but more SEC and other type schools will get into the mix.

I see it to, CC.
I just really like UGA grew up there. they are also one of the best teams in college football so id lie that even more than UK. HOWEVER, if we went to UK i think this would be really good promotionally for UK and it would keep the boys home for once, kentucky needs some **** strong talent on the college level to compete for any place in the SEC, UK would be the best choice i thin for fugate all around, it would get much more recognition and im sure he could fit in offensively or defensively on either side by his senior year.
UCFB Wrote:I just really like UGA grew up there. they are also one of the best teams in college football so id lie that even more than UK. HOWEVER, if we went to UK i think this would be really good promotionally for UK and it would keep the boys home for once, kentucky needs some **** strong talent on the college level to compete for any place in the SEC, UK would be the best choice i thin for fugate all around, it would get much more recognition and im sure he could fit in offensively or defensively on either side by his senior year.

I lived in Buford GA. for a short while.
UCFB Wrote:I just really like UGA grew up there. they are also one of the best teams in college football so id lie that even more than UK. HOWEVER, if we went to UK i think this would be really good promotionally for UK and it would keep the boys home for once, kentucky needs some **** strong talent on the college level to compete for any place in the SEC, UK would be the best choice i thin for fugate all around, it would get much more recognition and im sure he could fit in offensively or defensively on either side by his senior year.

Senior Year?Except for Locke I think he could go in now as their #2Running Back.He is that good.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Senior Year?Except for Locke I think he could go in now as their #2Running Back.He is that good.

Donald Russell is going to be the real deal.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I lived in Buford GA. for a short while.

I don't know how long ago you lived in Buford, but Buford H.S. is now the epitome of a small school producing major D-1 talent. The Wolves are a 2A school but are producing 4 or 5 D-1 players every year. I watched them last year and they would have beat any team in KY not named Trinity or St. X, and even those teams probably would lose the majority of the time.

I live about ten minutes away from Buford.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't know how long ago you lived in Buford, but Buford H.S. is now the epitome of a small school producing major D-1 talent. The Wolves are a 2A school but are producing 4 or 5 D-1 players every year. I watched them last year and they would have beat any team in KY not named Trinity or St. X, and even those teams probably would lose the majority of the time.

I live about ten minutes away from Buford.

Georgia produces talent like crazy... the suburban and intercity atlanta areas on the 5A level and even on lower classes just have substancial talent. for most of the kids in the urban city its their only ticket out, for the ones in the suburbs its a ticket to UGA football and beyond.
UCFB Wrote:Georgia produces talent like crazy... the suburban and intercity atlanta areas on the 5A level and even on lower classes just have substancial talent. for most of the kids in the urban city its their only ticket out, for the ones in the suburbs its a ticket to UGA football and beyond.
Just to further elaborate, then I'll make sure to get back on topic. But this is what Buford, a 2A school, has produced in terms of D-1 Athletes recently. No school in KY can match this, even schools with 4X or more the enrollment.

2010 Already:
G Kolton Houston- UGA
OLB Jessell Curry- WVU

2009:
TE Devin Durden- Air Force
OG Dallas Lee- UGA
C Blake Bennett- UAB
ATH Cody Getz- Air Force

2008:
RB Demetris Murray- USF
DT Omar Hunter- Florida
ILB TJ Pridemore- Florida
OLB Jaytee Swanson- Miami (OH)
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just to further elaborate, then I'll make sure to get back on topic. But this is what Buford, a 2A school, has produced in terms of D-1 Athletes recently. No school in KY can match this, even schools with 4X or more the enrollment.

2010 Already:
G Kolton Houston- UGA
OLB Jessell Curry- WVU

2009:
TE Devin Durden- Air Force
OG Dallas Lee- UGA
C Blake Bennett- UAB
ATH Cody Getz- Air Force

2008:
RB Demetris Murray- USF
DT Omar Hunter- Florida
ILB TJ Pridemore- Florida
OLB Jaytee Swanson- Miami (OH)

This is some good info.I think something that helps down there is something "UNathletic" also....all the kids I knew had jobs too.They learned skills and how to work as a team and to take pride and have responsibility.I thought it was a great town.Loved Lake Lanier too.LOL.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:This is some good info.I think something that helps down there is something "UNathletic" also....all the kids I knew had jobs too.They learned skills and how to work as a team and to take pride and have responsibility.I thought it was a great town.Loved Lake Lanier too.LOL.

**** yeah lake lanier was so fun lol.
How did the Tenn. camp go for Channing?
You also got to understand he has to play his final year of football. What he does this year will either make or break him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I would like to see Channing at UK.... And I want all our Mtn. boys to do well. The only thing I hope Channing does is really look at what the coaches are saying in regards to what position he'll play. It sounds like Illinois is telling him he'll play rb? Is that right?

Im not saying he wouldn't, but Channing needs to lookout for the ol' bait-n-switch.....best of luck to you Channing.
I would too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]