Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do coaching staffs not turn in stats to KHSAA?
LuckyEddie Wrote:Stardust, you make some very accurate points.

Thank you, your check's in the mail:biggrin:
untouchable13 Wrote:Stats are important.
They can help athletes get recognized to get into college on scholarships.
The coaches aren't the people that college's offer scholarships to. Some coaches that I know are just too lazy to send them in which is a down rigt shame.
You're right. It is a team game. But the whole team cant afford to go to college.
If you are ever interviewed by a Scout, they will ask for your stats.
So yes. They are important to mom and dad "financial wise" but they should be important to you too if you ever want to get in college to play sports. Let's be honest...are you going to be the one paying your tuition? or are you gonna out your mom and dad in financial trouble because they want to make sure you have an education that way life can be easier for you in the future?

I understand your point, and am only giving you the reason why coaches don't do it, so please don't take it as just my opinion of what the process should or shouldn't be.

As for the importance of the stats, you are 100% correct. But them being posted on the public website of KHSAA will do zero to help the student athlete be recognized by a proespective college. I just want to make it clear that stats are generated and provided for college reviews in a more formal process, so don't think that colleges are without nubmers.

You are confusing the topic though. Are stats available to the athelete, yes they are. If a college recruiter wants the data, it is a available to the student to provide. Just because stats are not posted on a website does not mean they cannot be provided.

Maybem I am not understanding what point you are trying to make, but stats are avalaible. High School coaches cna provide them for recruiting purposes immediately. If they do not, then that is a comeptely different subject than what this thread is about.
razor Wrote:Check out the wall come Monday night and you will see plenty of Regional Banners and Maroon Tradition. :Thumbs:

I may be wrong but the last one was in '97.:devilflam :lmao: :lmao: :HitWall:
Back on topic. Answer the question only. Start another thread if need be.

IMO I believe it should be mandatory for coaches to post their stats on KHSAA.