Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg
50.00%
Betsy Layne
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne @ Prestonsburg 12/16
outdoorsman43 Wrote:IMO Coach Pack is one of the best coaches in the 15th region. He coached Prestonsburg to 4 straight district titles from 1994-1997 and a regional final game in 1996. He is now back after 10 years of being the Lady Cats coach and ready to continue where he left off.

P-burg hasn't won 4 straight, South Floyd is the only school to accomplish that in boys basketball (58th Dist.). But, I agree Jack Pack is a good coach, I like seeing him pace up and down the sidelines.
betsylaynealum Wrote:This will be great floyd county basketball. I love this. I am sorry to tell all of you Jr. Newsome is the best boys basketball coach in floyd county. Any other coaches have regional titles. I dont think so.

Good luck to both teams but a little more luck for the bobcats.

I am predicting the bobcats will win, if they dont go in with the big head.

Totally disagree, Jack Pack was a state runner up in 1992.
I'll take P-burg by 8, there talent is just to much for betsy layne to handle, and the play of Sester,Patrick,Gearheart,an Tincher will be to much for adkins an martin to handle
Officer.Farva Wrote:I'll take P-burg by 8, there talent is just to much for betsy layne to handle, and the play of Sester,Patrick,Gearheart,an Tincher will be to much for adkins an martin to handle

Correction I ment to say that Sester, Patrick,Gearheart, an Tincher will be to much for Tibbs and Newman, an since I think Josh Head isn't playing it will be to hard for just two player to handle are four player rotation while were fresh they will be tired.
I think BL is a better team than Pburg this season, but, you gotta remember it is at Pburg. Good Luck Bobcats.
Officer.Farva Wrote:Correction I ment to say that Sester, Patrick,Gearheart, an Tincher will be to much for Tibbs and Newman, an since I think Josh Head isn't playing it will be to hard for just two player to handle are four player rotation while were fresh they will be tired.

I agree while Tibbs and Newman are trying to catch there breath Pburg will not miss a beat they have a whole lot more depth at the post position than Betsy Layne.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I will take Pburg in a close one. In the end I think the play of guards Jody Tackett, Alex Stumbo, and Michael Burchett will be too much for Betsy Layne to handle.

i love smart people
Free BAlla 14 Wrote:i love smart people

me too
outdoorsman43 Wrote:me too
me 3Big Grin
By far the weakest district in the 15th. Neither would make the regional tourney if they were in any other district in the region. I'll take the Blackcats with home court advantage to take a close one.
hot wheels Wrote:By far the weakest district in the 15th. Neither would make the regional tourney if they were in any other district in the region. I'll take the Blackcats with home court advantage to take a close one.

I think You are wrong about these two teams.

I think they can both compete with any team in the region besides sv.
jolly rancher Wrote:I think You are wrong about these two teams.

I think they can both compete with any team in the region besides sv.

I will have to agree with you on this..
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:I will have to agree with you on this..

Smile yea its a rare thing when a bobcat fan and blackcat fan will agree.
hot wheels Wrote:By far the weakest district in the 15th. Neither would make the regional tourney if they were in any other district in the region. I'll take the Blackcats with home court advantage to take a close one.

i totally disagree with u on this to. i do recall BL beating paintsville, mogoffin, and east ridge. none of those are in the 58th. im sure pburg with knock off a few to. so dont go dissing teams u know nothing about.

well if you are keeping score bl at this point would at lest be ranked third in the 57th....not sure about the other districts haven't played but one team outside the 57th and 58th but we will keep you posted.....as far as pburg goes...when they played perry cetral the other night it appeared to me that they played them just as hard as johson central did......that's the best team in the 57th.....think before you speak....Big Grin
Prestonsburg by 10. Their experience will be their strength.

I think I'm gonna jump on this band wagon as well!!!!!!! If either of these played in the 60th or the 57th they would get in, ahead of PC and Belfry from the 60th. And ahead of LC, MC, SC and Paintsville from the 57th. In addition Betsy Layne already beat a strong team from the 59th. So I gotta disagree with you with your little statement about them not getting in, say their in another district. Not to stroll off the topic of the thread though, I'm gonna pick Betsy Layne by 10-15 if Head plays, and 4-8 if he doesn't. In a heated Floyd County battle at the Burg! GOOD LUCK to Both! May the best team win!
i'll take BL....easy win if they play the way they can....
BBALL_Action09 Wrote:i'll take BL....easy win if they play the way they can....

this will be a tough game for both teams, by no means easy!
jolly rancher Wrote:Smile yea its a rare thing when a bobcat fan and blackcat fan will agree.

Yeah its rare and it will never happen again.
I hate to say it but I'm going to have to take Prestonsburg in this one by 2-3 points. I believe the atmosphere will be "too" much for this young bobcat team to handle. But I do hope Betsy Layne comes out with the "W" though.