Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne @ Prestonsburg 12/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
predictions?......ill take the bobcats by inside ten adkins and martin will be too much for the blackcats
I like the Blackcats in this one by 6. If the game was at Betsy Layne then I'd probably take BL by the same amount.
BL in a close one they look better then the rest of the 58th so far this season
I will take PBURG by 3 because I think the low post will even out between Patrick, Seter, Tincher, and Gearheart to counter BL's inside threat and PBURG has the bettter guards that can knock down the three pointers so that is why I take PBURG by 3.
Is this game going on as scheduled?
I will take Pburg in a close one. In the end I think the play of guards Jody Tackett, Alex Stumbo, and Michael Burchett will be too much for Betsy Layne to handle.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I will take Pburg in a close one. In the end I think the play of guards Jody Tackett, Alex Stumbo, and Michael Burchett will be too much for Betsy Layne to handle.

I agree 100%
i'm gonna say betsy layne takes this one by 2 to 4 points......i'm feeling another overtime thriller from these two squads again.......unless bl let's jody tackett score like ac did....
Has Been Wrote:i'm gonna say betsy layne takes this one by 2 to 4 points......i'm feeling another overtime thriller from these two squads again.......unless bl let's jody tackett score like ac did....

Exactly, AC didn't have the guard to stop him he shot at will. I hope it's not another overtime thriller my heart couldn't handle it. lol
pburg beat AC by 11 at pburg. BL beat AC by 17 at AC. they could have won by more but coach newsome subbed in every player..Im gonna take BL by 10
the real player44 Wrote:pburg beat AC by 11 at pburg. BL beat AC by 17 at AC. they could have won by more but coach newsome subbed in every player..Im gonna take BL by 10

To me numbers don't mean anything. If you watched the p burg Allen central game you would've seen that Prestonsburg did terrible up until the 4th quarter when they pulled away by 11. If p burg would've played well throughout the game they could have easy won by more than 17.
betsy layne will have a fairly easy game if they play to their potential.....newman and tibbs have to control the boards and martin and adkins have to handle the ball well if this happens the bobcats should win by double digits
jolly rancher Wrote:betsy layne will have a fairly easy game if they play to their potential.....newman and tibbs have to control the boards and martin and adkins have to handle the ball well if this happens the bobcats should win by double digits

You are underestimating Prestonsburg. If our big men can stay out of foul trouble with those touch fouls and doesn't have the kind of game we did against AC Prestonsburg is the best in the district. Betsy Layne is a good team but i think P BURG just has more talent and IMO better coaching.
pburgcatfan65 Wrote:You are underestimating Prestonsburg. If our big men can stay out of foul trouble with those touch fouls and doesn't have the kind of game we did against AC Prestonsburg is the best in the district. Betsy Layne is a good team but i think P BURG just has more talent and IMO better coaching.
BETTER COACHING???? man u can despute bl's talent but never , never undestimate jr newsome as a coach....the man has won two regional championships and is betsy layne basketball
Im not saying he is a bad coach cause he is a really good coach. What im saying is that P BURG IMO is better coached right now that may change but we will have to see.
im sorry but i have to say in no way is jack pack (i think its spelled right) a better coach then jr. newsome.
the real player44 Wrote:im sorry but i have to say in no way is jack pack (i think its spelled right) a better coach then jr. newsome.

OK im not saying he is a better coach im just saying i think prestonsburg is better coached RIGHT now.
The way BL has been playing I think they could pick up a W in this game if they play with there head on there shoulders. BL by <8
I'll take Prestonsburg by 6. Its at home and the Bobcats will have to ignore the crowd if they want to win this one.
If everybody played a perfect game..... but how often does that happen?
im taking bl by 15 there at the top of there peak right now......it was a close game last year at pburg but only b/c bl had brennan case if it wasnt for him they would have lost
Well to my knowledge betsy Layne dosen't have a foreigner, a guy with a big nose, anyone who is in the Kentucky Opry, a 13 year hold back, or someone believed to be on drugs ...so the crowd may not have much to say this year lol....
the real player44 Wrote:im sorry but i have to say in no way is jack pack (i think its spelled right) a better coach then jr. newsome.

IMO Coach Pack is one of the best coaches in the 15th region. He coached Prestonsburg to 4 straight district titles from 1994-1997 and a regional final game in 1996. He is now back after 10 years of being the Lady Cats coach and ready to continue where he left off.
i will agree that Prestonsburg is better coached.....better coached now than they were a year ago.....but in that aspect so is Betsy Layne........Jack Pack was the best move Ted George could make for the Blackcats....Cassandra Akers just trumped him......
Has Been Wrote:Well to my knowledge betsy Layne dosen't have a foreigner, a guy with a big nose, anyone who is in the Kentucky Opry, a 13 year hold back, or someone believed to be on drugs ...so the crowd may not have much to say this year lol....

Trust me- the Blackcat faithful will have something to say and princiPAL George will stand there talking and act like he doesn't hear it. Seems to me there is a "sportsmanship" statement read before every KHSAA event and it specifically forbids taunting. Sooner or later Pburg is going to get a little to carried away and overstep the boundary.
gotcha2 Wrote:Trust me- the Blackcat faithful will have something to say and princiPAL George will stand there talking and act like he doesn't hear it. Seems to me there is a "sportsmanship" statement read before every KHSAA event and it specifically forbids taunting. Sooner or later Pburg is going to get a little to carried away and overstep the boundary.

No we eventually stop when we are threatned with lawsuits like last week lol. Big Grin
I have to say Betsy Layne by 8. I believe they are playing with tremendous confidence. Anyway, Tuesday night we will be watching IMO the top 2 teams in the 58th. This may be a December game but it is very important. If the Bobcats win they will hold a strong advantage of getting that #1 seed in the district tournament and beating Allen Central and P-burg on the road is a great accomplishment. I don't care what anyone says, playing at P-burg is a tough task. It is the crowd that affects the teams not the players. Also, I believe the district tournament is held at the dome. Is that correct?
Ultimate Fan Wrote:I have to say Betsy Layne by 8. I believe they are playing with tremendous confidence. Anyway, Tuesday night we will be watching IMO the top 2 teams in the 58th. This may be a December game but it is very important. If the Bobcats win they will hold a strong advantage of getting that #1 seed in the district tournament and beating Allen Central and P-burg on the road is a great accomplishment. I don't care what anyone says, playing at P-burg is a tough task. It is the crowd that affects the teams not the players. Also, I believe the district tournament is held at the dome. Is that correct?

PBURG is a tough place to play. The crowd not only affect a single player but the entire team from the time the team steps off the bus in the back parking lot where students tailgating indtimadate the players, until the final horn sounds. Notice I use intimidate for lack of a better term. And to answer you question it is in the dome.
I look for Prestonburge to get a big win.
This will be great floyd county basketball. I love this. I am sorry to tell all of you Jr. Newsome is the best boys basketball coach in floyd county. Any other coaches have regional titles. I dont think so.

Good luck to both teams but a little more luck for the bobcats.

I am predicting the bobcats will win, if they dont go in with the big head.
Pages: 1 2