Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Pause - 15th Region
If...Then Wrote:Now as sports adequated as you are, you have got to know what that means

Yea he can shoot, problem is he doesn't recongnize when to stop.....:CE_DP_Ste
Warriors23RJ Wrote:The bold part is the only parts I see wrong. I will explain my reasong in order.

*No way AC is this high probabily around 9-11 because of Coach Martins departure and the loss of thier best player in Hammonds.

*Belfry-Should be top 5 imo.They have more talent there than some of the schools ahead of them(AC,ER)

*Prestonsburg-should be at #4 imo. They have arguably one of the top coaches ever in the 15th region, at least I think so. And return almost all their talent from a competitive team last season. Most notably Michael Burchett and .

*Burchett shoud be rated #3 imo. Behind Justice and Hatifield. He has as much talent as anyone. He just hasen't had the team and with Pack he should get more help to showcase his talent.

*McClanahan-Not saying he does or does not belong on the list but I believe he should at least have to earn this honor. He didn't do much last year on a less than average team. All the other guys earned thiei shot at being a top 10 player in the region and I can't say he has.

*Clevenger- Should be top 5 or Six. He's better than Adams imo. Or at least he ment more to his team last season. With Adams going to SV his role will be increased.

*Boyd-Thompson-Probababily the worst ten Spot I've seen since cats pause has started. the 10 spot usually ends up being top 2 or 3 by years end and I don't see that this season. But no offense to him, he good.

Best of the rest IMO:
-Josh Prater & Hunter Crowder-AC
-Taylor Newsome,Tyler Newsome, & Curby Tackett-SV
-Jody Tackett-PBurg
-Jonathon Shephard-MC
-Sheldon Clark had very good freshman last season, maybe he was an 8th grader but he's not far off but his name escapes me. Johnson Central has some good talent beside Welch also, Does Whitaker Return?

Sheldon Clarks player was B.J. Moore, he is a freshman this year.
IMO Pikeville shouldn't be #3, due to all their graduates and that the big Adams kid went to SV. They may still be able to compete as the top team in the region and I wish them the best of luck, but I dont see it happening this season.
I think we have SV and everybody else this year. I just hope SV can make some noise in state tourny this year and make the mountains look good!
johnson central is on the rise with young coach tommy mckenzie, welch is a heck of an athelete on the hardwood, on the gridiron and on the track, he is expected to be the best in this crop of jc guys but i.m.o. they will be for real this year.
they have unbelievable depth with 10players or more who could start any given night, welch, hall, the bratton brothers, mikie dale (can shoot the lights out), jo whitaker ( a senior leader, great attitude and work ethic, shoot with anyone in the region, unlimited potential) mike conley, cody parker, jeremy stacy handles that offense to profection,
im a gridiron man myself but im glad to see our basketball team gettin credit and respect in the 15th region coming off a region runner up in a good game against paintsville, good luck this year guys! bring home the hardware
Captain_44 Wrote:East Ride is not the 5th best team in the region there not even in the top 10.
agreed
Burchett and Tyler Hall for p-burg will surprise alot of teams with there shotttttttting
BREAKING NEWS:

Pike Central's Senior Forward Matt Adkins quit this past Monday. That put a hurting on the Hawks, They'll have to just try harder and overcome it

I was told he walked out of practice because Coach Thompson got up in his face then ran the team. Before blowing the whistle he yelled, If your gonna complain, then leave!

Matt said alright and began to walk out. Senior Captain Michael Boyd tried to stop him while other Senior Dalton Meade wrapped him up. Soon, about 4 or 5 tried to stop him and he kept saying "Get off me"
If...Then Wrote:BREAKING NEWS:

Pike Central's Senior Forward Matt Adkins quit this past Monday. That put a hurting on the Hawks, They'll have to just try harder and overcome it

I was told he walked out of practice because Coach Thompson got up in his face then ran the team. Before blowing the whistle he yelled, If your gonna complain, then leave!

Matt said alright and began to walk out. Senior Captain Michael Boyd tried to stop him while other Senior Dalton Meade wrapped him up. Soon, about 4 or 5 tried to stop him and he kept saying "Get off me"
Typical kid these days, coach yells, kid quits!!! SAD!!!!! Kids these days have no clue about life!
If...Then Wrote:BREAKING NEWS:

It will only be breaking news if he doesn't come back. This happens a number of times throughout the seasons. Tempers come out, the kid quits. Most of the time they come back. Now the question is not only will he but if the coach will let him back on the team?

thetribe Wrote:It will only be breaking news if he doesn't come back. This happens a number of times throughout the seasons. Tempers come out, the kid quits. Most of the time they come back. Now the question is not only will he but if the coach will let him back on the team?

Word is that he was a no show for practice on Tuesday, turned his jersey in and told Coach Thompson he was done and that he had other things to worry about. Which he does. The information I recieved is that Coach Thompson had a team meeting and said he believed in 2nd chances, but not 3rd
Case Closed

-Matt Adkins is back on the court. I'll see if I can get some information
Central has good players, just not a team. They will be wasted unfortunately without a coach.
sponci Wrote:Central has good players, just not a team. They will be wasted unfortunately without a coach.

You must not even know who Mark Thompson is then. Because his first priority is Team, I wouldnt doubt it if he announces that every day in the locker room.
it doesnt matter if pike central gets the 15th region all star team to play there (minus valley), valley is still going to win the region. i know people say, thats why they play the game, but this year, its different. No one will contest valley this year from the 15th.
runninrebs21 Wrote:it doesnt matter if pike central gets the 15th region all star team to play there (minus valley), valley is still going to win the region. i know people say, thats why they play the game, but this year, its different. No one will contest valley this year from the 15th.

Shelby Valley will certainly be a heavy favorite in all regional games this year, but that doesn't mean an upset can't happen.

Look at the '07 regional tournament, where Valley was huge favorite in the opening round against Betsy Layne, but had to sweat out a close victory over the Bobcats. You just never know when your team is going to have a bad game, they were just fortunate to not be playing a team better than Betsy Layne that night.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
runninrebs21 Wrote:it doesnt matter if pike central gets the 15th region all star team to play there (minus valley), valley is still going to win the region. i know people say, thats why they play the game, but this year, its different. No one will contest valley this year from the 15th.
You sure know an awful lot about 15th region basketball to have only have been around it one year!!
If...Then Wrote:You must not even know who Mark Thompson is then. Because his first priority is Team, I wouldnt doubt it if he announces that every day in the locker room.

I hope he does, because he's got a great bunch of guys. you get that team together they could give anyone a run for their money
sponci Wrote:I hope he does, because he's got a great bunch of guys. you get that team together they could give anyone a run for their money

Me and you stand alone Sponci
cavs46 Wrote:Burchett and Tyler Hall for p-burg will surprise alot of teams with there shotttttttting

If Tyler Hall doesn't learn how to slide his feet and play some defense he's not going to be on the floor to be able to shoot the ball. In the few times I saw him play he just seems a step slower then everyone else. Hopefully he has improved the last year.
hey i dont know why ur leaving chris gibson from south floyd off the top 10 players in the region
I have heard nothing but good things about newsome from sv
bball fan Wrote:You sure know an awful lot about 15th region basketball to have only have been around it one year!!

just cause i didnt live here, doesnt mean i wasnt around 15th region basketball. my whole family lives in pike co/ floyd co. and im sure u know i had a cousin that played at ac. ive been around it alot
as long as the KHSAA doesnt do anything about holdbacks, the machine will march on. i do think the machine will be shortlived because some of the asst coaches kids are graduating. have to admit though, elisha justice is one of the best thats played the game up there, work ethic, smarts, if he was just a bit taller he'd be div 1 easy
cart man Wrote:15th REGION TOP 10 TEAMS:
1) SV
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Allen Central
5) East Ridge
6) Belfry
7) Phelps
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Co Central
10) Prestonsburg

15th REGION TOP 10 PLAYERS:
1) Elisha Justice
2) Ashley Hatfield
3) Deven Adams
4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger
10) Michael Boyd Thompson

SV is no doubt #1
after that 4 or 5 other teams are about the same. IMO Pikeville may be a little to high w/o Adams & AC is rated way too high. I think Belfry should be above both pikeville & AC
Junk Yard Dog Wrote:SV is no doubt #1
after that 4 or 5 other teams are about the same. IMO Pikeville may be a little to high w/o Adams & AC is rated way too high. I think Belfry should be above both pikeville & AC
I agree with you JY Dog! Belfry should be #3. Pikeville will struggle early, they will be awfully small.
15th REGION TOP 10 TEAMS:
1) SV
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Allen Central
5) East Ridge
6) Belfry
7) Phelps
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Co Central
10) Prestonsburg

i dont agree with these rankings.....i think everyone is rated entirely too high other than sv they are the clear fav. but i don't see how central is so high..or phelps...or magoffin...i just don't agree sheldon clark should be in the top 5 with the talent they have returning..
Pikeville will strugle early Belfry will be strong this year Phelps and Pike Central will suprise teams also Johnson Central will be better than most people think.
Tigers beat Allen Cental by double digits today. Some of these rankings on here dont even have Paintsville in the top 10. lol