4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger
10) Michael Boyd Thompson

Teams:

AC- just can't see them this high early in the season, with the question of Prater playing or not? Johnny Martin no longer there and the losses they suffered to graduation.

ER- what do they have returning? I thought they lost a few players.

Belfry- Didn't they lose a few players as well. Dustin May graduated.

Phelps- they lost Hunt, Dotson and one more starter I think. IMO they shouldnt be in the Top 10 this early.

Magoffin
- what do they have? Besides a good coach.

Pike Central- didn't impress me last year and didn't this summer. They lost Hamilton, their PG, and a couple others.

No way the old 60th dist. has all 3 teams in the Top 10.
Pikeville will have trouble without Adams.
Valley will be darn near instoppable.
P-Burg will be quick and athletic.
JC will be tough, only team that really has an outside shot at upsetting Valley, maybe.

Players:

Logan Bryant- quick and excellent on the defensive side. But, not an offensive threat. Good player, but shouldn't be in the Top 10.

Jacob McClanahan- Tall guy from ER right?, I watched him a few times in JV games last year and he didn't really do anything. He may be a top 10 player in the future, but not right now.

Matt Clevenger- very underrated IMO, He should be Top 5. Although, he will have to do just about everything by himself this year.

Michael Boyd Thompson- Decent, barely above avg. HS player. He will have his good games, but I don't think he is pre-season Top 10 worthy.
What does it say about the other teams?
Who do they have listed as the top teams and players in the state?
cart man Wrote:15th REGION TOP 10 PLAYERS:
1) Elisha Justice
2) Ashley Hatfield
3) Deven Adams
4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger

The_Dark_Knight Wrote:Logan Bryant- quick and excellent on the defensive side. But, not an offensive threat. Good player, but shouldn't be in the Top 10.

I agree that Logan Bryant probably should not be in the top 10 players. As you said, although he is a good defender, he is not much of an offensive threat.

However, I was surprised that these rankings do not mention Taylor Newsome anywhere. If healthy, he is easily one of the top 10 players in the region, as he looked to be headed toward a good season last year prior to his injury. I had thought that he was expected to play this year, so if anyone knows that he isn't, please let me know.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never heard of Jacob McClanahan. Did he play Varsity last year? If so, where?
cart man Wrote:15th REGION TOP 10 TEAMS:
1) SV
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Allen Central
5) East Ridge
6) Belfry
7) Phelps
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Co Central
10) Prestonsburg

15th REGION TOP 10 PLAYERS:
1) Elisha Justice
2) Ashley Hatfield
3) Deven Adams
4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger

who is this who does he play for
Matt Clevenger should be top 3 has only ledhis team in points and assist for 3 years in a row. I agree with you dark night and also with you cowbell Newsome is due for a good year we wish him the best of luck.
I agree with you jive75 with a good year Clevenger could be 15th region payer of the year he is the most underrated player in the region
jive75 Wrote:Matt Clevenger should be top 3 has only ledhis team in points and assist for 3 years in a row. I agree with you dark night and also with you cowbell Newsome is due for a good year we wish him the best of luck.

hoopsteacher Wrote:I agree with you jive75 with a good year Clevenger could be 15th region payer of the year he is the most underrated player in the region

I also agree with you guys about Matt Clevenger. He is obviously very underrated by being put at #9 on this list. I personally would put him at either #2 or #3, he and Ashley Hatfield are fairly close in my opinion.

I don't think he will get regional player of the year, though. I think Elisha Justice is easily the best player in the region, with Hatfield and Clevenger definitely a notch below.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I also agree with you guys about Matt Clevenger. He is obviously very underrated by being put at #9 on this list. I personally would put him at either #2 or #3, he and Ashley Hatfield are fairly close in my opinion.

I don't think he will get regional player of the year, though. I think Elisha Justice is easily the best player in the region, with Hatfield and Clevenger definitely a notch below.
The 15th Region Player of the Year always goes to a senior if I am not mistaken.
bball fan Wrote:The 15th Region Player of the Year always goes to a senior if I am not mistaken.

If that is the case then I would give the early edge to Matt Clevenger. But if it is true, then that really takes a lot of the luster off of winning. That would mean the award should not be called the 15th region "Player of the Year" but rather the "Senior of the Year".

Elisha Justice is hands down the BEST player in the region.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah there's no doubt about Elisha being the best player in the region. Clevenger will have some challenge for 15th player of the year as Devan Adams will get big time production at Valley.
cart man Wrote:15th REGION TOP 10 TEAMS:
1) SV
2) Johnson Central
3) Pikeville
4) Allen Central
5) East Ridge
6) Belfry
7) Phelps
8) Magoffin County
9) Pike Co Central
10) Prestonsburg

15th REGION TOP 10 PLAYERS:
1) Elisha Justice
2) Ashley Hatfield
3) Deven Adams
4) Ian Welch
5) Logan Crowder
6) Michael Burchett
7) Logan Bryant
8) Jacob McClanahan
9) Matt Clevenger
The bold part is the only parts I see wrong. I will explain my reasong in order.

*No way AC is this high probabily around 9-11 because of Coach Martins departure and the loss of thier best player in Hammonds.

*Belfry-Should be top 5 imo.They have more talent there than some of the schools ahead of them(AC,ER)

*Prestonsburg-should be at #4 imo. They have arguably one of the top coaches ever in the 15th region, at least I think so. And return almost all their talent from a competitive team last season. Most notably Michael Burchett and .

*Burchett shoud be rated #3 imo. Behind Justice and Hatifield. He has as much talent as anyone. He just hasen't had the team and with Pack he should get more help to showcase his talent.

*McClanahan-Not saying he does or does not belong on the list but I believe he should at least have to earn this honor. He didn't do much last year on a less than average team. All the other guys earned thiei shot at being a top 10 player in the region and I can't say he has.

*Clevenger- Should be top 5 or Six. He's better than Adams imo. Or at least he ment more to his team last season. With Adams going to SV his role will be increased.

*Boyd-Thompson-Probababily the worst ten Spot I've seen since cats pause has started. the 10 spot usually ends up being top 2 or 3 by years end and I don't see that this season. But no offense to him, he good.

Best of the rest IMO:
-Josh Prater & Hunter Crowder-AC
-Taylor Newsome,Tyler Newsome, & Curby Tackett-SV
-Jody Tackett-PBurg
-Jonathon Shephard-MC
-Sheldon Clark had very good freshman last season, maybe he was an 8th grader but he's not far off but his name escapes me. Johnson Central has some good talent beside Welch also, Does Whitaker Return?
More Cowbell Wrote:If that is the case then I would give the early edge to Matt Clevenger. But if it is true, then that really takes a lot of the luster off of winning. That would mean the award should not be called the 15th region "Player of the Year" but rather the "Senior of the Year".

Elisha Justice is hands down the BEST player in the region.

That's the way it has always been. Landon Slone, 2008, Jamie Case, 2007, etc. so whoever wins this year will be a deserving senior just as in years past. Elisha will get his turn next year.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:The bold part is the only parts I see wrong. I will explain my reasong in order.

*No way AC is this high probabily around 9-11 because of Coach Martins departure and the loss of thier best player in Hammonds.

*Belfry-Should be top 5 imo.They have more talent there than some of the schools ahead of them(AC,ER)

*Prestonsburg-should be at #4 imo. They have arguably one of the top coaches ever in the 15th region, at least I think so. And return almost all their talent from a competitive team last season. Most notably Michael Burchett and .

*Burchett shoud be rated #3 imo. Behind Justice and Hatifield. He has as much talent as anyone. He just hasen't had the team and with Pack he should get more help to showcase his talent.

*McClanahan-Not saying he does or does not belong on the list but I believe he should at least have to earn this honor. He didn't do much last year on a less than average team. All the other guys earned thiei shot at being a top 10 player in the region and I can't say he has.

*Clevenger- Should be top 5 or Six. He's better than Adams imo. Or at least he ment more to his team last season. With Adams going to SV his role will be increased.

*Boyd-Thompson-Probababily the worst ten Spot I've seen since cats pause has started. the 10 spot usually ends up being top 2 or 3 by years end and I don't see that this season. But no offense to him, he good.

Best of the rest IMO:
-Josh Prater & Hunter Crowder-AC
-Taylor Newsome,Tyler Newsome, & Curby Tackett-SV
-Jody Tackett-PBurg
-Jonathon Shephard-MC
-Sheldon Clark had very good freshman last season, maybe he was an 8th grader but he's not far off but his name escapes me. Johnson Central has some good talent beside Welch also, Does Whitaker Return?
Well stated. I agree with you.
what about chandler thompson for lawrence county..he is one of the best players in the 15th region
The preseason players are always wrong.. if u remember, Elisha was ranked 9th last year in the preseason CATS Pause, and we all know he was definitely #2 behind Landon. We all know this year that Matt is a lot better than 9th, IMO he is 2nd behind Elisha, and maybe 3rd behind Ashley. Most of those players havent proved themselves to be in the top 10. Especially the tall kid from ER, he played 0 varsity last year, and judging by JV and freshmen games, all he is, is height and a big body, no talent. Not bashing, just my honest opinion. I think they have the teams based too much on last year, cause pikeville is def. not 3rd, and AC isnt 4th, ER isnt 5th, and i dont think belfry and pcc deserve to be in the top 10. But good luck to all the teams and players, and hopefully Matt Clevenger will get more recognition like he deserves, because he is very underrated.
I don't think Pikeville should be that high- they lost a lot last year.
Michael Boyd Thompson is a great player and I think the hawks will have a great season under Mark Thompson.

Pike Central is very tough this year.

Go Hawks! Matt Adkins and Top 10 player Michael Boyd Thompson should prevail and win a whole lot more gamesWink Wink
SCHS's fine freshman guard is B.J. Moore.
Elisha , Ashley Hatfield , Matt Clevinger , Devon Adams , Taylor Newsome are the top 5 players hands down and the main reason Taylor is in the top 5 is he can score when needed ,excellant rebounder and great defender . Watched Clevinger play this summer and Coach Williams has made him understand that he does not have to force shots and they are other kids on his team that can score and it has made him twice the player he was last year.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:who is this who does he play for

He is the starting Shooting Guard for Pike Central. Good kid who can shoot the lights out
Lots of homers in threads like this.
If...Then Wrote:He is the starting Shooting Guard for Pike Central. Good kid who can shoot the lights out
Rolleyes Shoot the lights out?
With the addiction of Adams to Shelby Valley, they are deff the clear favorite. I dont see anyone in that region stoping them but thats what they play the games. Good Luck to all the teams in the 15th!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Rolleyes Shoot the lights out?

Now as sports adequated as you are, you have got to know what that means
If...Then Wrote:Now as sports adequated as you are, you have got to know what that means
Sarcasm. He may be a good shooter, but don't fabricate it.
If...Then Wrote:He is the starting Shooting Guard for Pike Central. Good kid who can shoot the lights out

lol was he not on the team last year or something? the only player i saw that you could even say was even a decent shooter was Hobo McCoy.
East Ride is not the 5th best team in the region there not even in the top 10.